How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-05-2005
V.I.P.

YAY SUNSCREEN

ohk I wont go near eyecream and wrinkle stuff, my mums friends were telling me its never to early to start using wrinkle cream and I was like... erm..yes it is!!

I'm taking centrum...has anyone taken that it' like this vitamin etc pill filled with HEAPS of vitamins and stuff...is it good? My mum bought it and I take one a day.

Would it be better to buy individual vitams instead of an all in one?

18-05-2005
scenester

If you eat a relatively balanced diet an all in one vitamin like centrum is perfect. When you start trying to concoct your own cocktail you might wind up taking in too much. So unless you want to go thru the process with a doctor and nutritionist to anaylze your individual nutritional intake stick to over the counter all in one vitamins.

18-05-2005
scenester

I also take a multivatin. In addition, I take a calcium with vitamin D tablet to get my calcium. I dont get enough calcium with drinking one glass of soy milk a day =) I take them at different times because your body can't absorb more than 600mg at once.
Calcium is very important in women

18-05-2005
backstage pass

Acester,
My dermatologist told me that I don't need to take multivitamins if I have a balanced diet (i also used to take "centrum"). So I went off it, and instead I got:
- B6
- B2
- PP
- Zink
It's for the face. Helps spots, oily skin & metabolism.

backstage pass

I think you should take only what you really need

rising star

sunscreen sunscreen! cannot say it enough.

15-08-2006
backstage pass

I just started wearing a spf 15 mouturizer underneath my spf 15 foundation

16-08-2006
windowshopping

I didn't start caring for my skin until this year - age 23. I wear sunscreen every day... and hope to start moisturizing every day

16-08-2006
windowshopping

I started caring for my skin around the age of 13 too, I think it's great people that age start caring about their skin! I haven't stopped since! I have not always worn an spf though But in the past two years I have (I'm 22 now) and my powder has always had spf in it.. but where I live, it's so cold so I am hoping that those few years haven't done too much damage, since I hardly ever sunbathe

V.I.P.

I started way too late-I started at 17. I had really bad acne when I was young (I started getting acne in 2nd grade) but I never really cared. I hated washing my face but went to a very harsh regiment (morning-face soap, astringent, exfoliate, moisturize, evening-face soap, astringent, vitamin C serum) and it really helped. However sunscreen is my biggest downfall because I never really saw the importance of it and usually only put it on if I'm going out for extended periods of sun, say to the waterpark, but I'm working on doing it daily.

My problem was that when I started it I really started to get under-eye wrinkles (no crow's feet yet thank goodness) so I have to get Botox by the time I'm 22.

Last edited by Trista; 16-08-2006 at 12:05 PM.
19-08-2006
windowshopping

It's great you're starting so early! Most sun damage to skin has been done by the age of 18 so it will definitely be worthwhile that you started so early.

In addition to what you're already doing you might also want to cut back on refined sugar. It creates a lot of free radical production which tears down collagen.

03-11-2006
V.I.P.

Wow, Im not the only one:

Im 12 years old

-I take a multivitamin a day
-Drink eight glasses a day
-Use a basic bar of Neem soap in the morning and before bead
-Use a rich, everyday moisturiser.
-bodybrush sometimes
-exfoliate daily
-Tons of rich body lotions
Do you Yoga every Friday at school
-Practise walking in 3 inch high heels at home.

04-11-2006
little soul

Great work Kushie! You're very dedicated, and you'll be glad you did it....

I think I started quite young, but I wasn't very consistent. I didn't really understand about what my skin needed, so I probably used a lot of the wrong products. I've now found a regime that works for me. The most important part is cleansing, I use Eve Lom. Then I tone with Darphin Intral Toner and use a moisturiser (basic). I'm planning on introducing a night cream, and eye gel to counteract dark circles.

I don't drink and I don't smoke and there are a number of different reasons for why I don't, but overall, I don't agree with it..although I do feel that a little bit of what you like is really important to being healthy and happy. A glass of champagne every now and then...that's great for me! I drink a lot of water, but I need to add in more green and white teas.

I think starting young is very beneficial, so long as you use the right products. But even without products, you can always start early doing appropriate exercise, and taking care of yourself with a good diet...these things you can carry out your entire life.

04-11-2006
Obsessed

Drinking lots of water is really good for ur skin!

05-11-2006
front row

Building up on that confidence Always a must!!!! and NO OVERTWEEZING doesn't hurt anyone

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
starting, young