How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2005
V.I.P.

Starting young
I'm 14 and have recently started becoming rather serious about the whole beauty thing

I wear sunscreen everyday
I moisturize twice a day
I try not to frown
I spend money on good skin care and do it twice a day
I make face masks etc. from the kitchen and use them regularly
I use olive oil alot

etc etc. u get the point right? I'm really quite serious.Is it all worth it?

17-04-2005
I'll bossanova with you

That's great! I started caring about my skin at an early age too (13-14, just like you), when my friends didn't even know what toner was.

Good that you use sunscreen. I should do that too really, but I spend most of my time indoors... but my skin is so sensitive to the sun, so I should get some sunscreen asap now when spring is on it's way.

17-04-2005
V.I.P.

yer lol my skins sensitive to the sun to and being in australia..well yes its kind of a must

17-04-2005
trendsetter

I started at about 11. Though I had too cos thats when I started getting spots.

Its never too young to look after your skin properly.

17-04-2005
rising star

I know you really should so all that but I'm 18 and don't care at all.

I go through stages of doing the whole exfoliate, clense and moisturise thing but it never lasts.

I always forget to put on sunscreen when its sunny.

When I'm 35 and have a load of wrinkles, you can all laugh then but at the moment, I just can't be bothered to put in all that effort, when no one can tell the difference!

Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by acester
I'm 14 and have recently started becoming rather serious about the whole beauty thing

I wear sunscreen everyday
I moisturize twice a day
I try not to frown
I spend money on good skin care and do it twice a day
I make face masks etc. from the kitchen and use them regularly
I use olive oil alot

etc etc. u get the point right? I'm really quite serious.Is it all worth it?
Bravo! I wish I started taking care of my skin at a younger age. Until I was about 18-19 I abused my skin - no sunscreen, slept in my make up, went tanning, etc. You name it - I did it. Not sure what my wake up call was, but now I'm serious about skincare - well as serious as a smoker and drinker can be

~Madeleine Albright
17-04-2005
front row

Honestly...you'll prolly look better for it into your 50's (just try not to OVERDO it), but nothing is crueler than the passage of time. Eventually it robs us all of our youth and beauty...so don't sweat it so much that your entire life revolves around avoiding wrinkles and creases.

Emi

17-04-2005
rising star

Sun and smoking are repeatedly listed in mags, etc. as the worst things for your skin. So I guess if you wear sunscreen and don't smoke you should be in good shape. (< sunglasses probably don't hurt either!)

17-04-2005
elementary.

never too early
lots of sunscreen.
moisturise morning & night.
& lotsa water

front row

That's a great thing to start....I started young too, but I think that I've become worse as I've gotten older. Those late nights of partying, drinking, smoking, sleep loss, etc. can take their toll.

17-04-2005
front row

I didn't start until I was 18 either. I jsut wash and use a moisturizer with sun screen. Once a week I exfoliate. But I have great skin....so I'm not worried for now.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I think the best thing you can do is wear sunscreen. I became serious about that in my late teens, but wish I hadn't neglected my face so much (as far as suncare is concerned, anyway)...

24-04-2005
rising star

i am trying to start but when people say they are using sunscreen what do they mean? cuz im thinking of going to walmart and getting a tube of those sunscreens they sell in the summer like those giant tubes and slater on my face, but it does get kinda oily so iono. help please?

24-04-2005
windowshopping

I agree about starting early, I have nagged mini me into using sunscreen and now she is using ahas to help with her acne she is finally listening. I'd also recommend using a vit C serum. Skinceuticals do a good one but it is a bit £££ for young pockets, so you could try cellularskinRx. com for theirs. Very cheap and lasts a long time and is very stable.
Luckycardslady, check out skinceutcals ultimate defense spf. it is a really good broad spectrum bloc and is light enough under make up. Or use foundation like bare escentuals, that is spf 14 and almost invisible. Or you could ...damn, I could go on all day , but I have assignments to write!

24-04-2005
front row

You can never start too early! It's great that you became aware of how important it is to take care of your skin at a young age.

My mum to this day washes her face only when she showers (I know.. gross..) and although I never adopted THAT nasty habit, I didn't get serious about my skin until I was about 19/20 because it was never taught to me that skincare is important.

I always thought I had genetically bad skin, but once I started putting a little effort into the routine and drinking at least 1.5 litres of water a day I was amazed at what a difference it made for my skin.

Then with great skin, you don't have to wear as much make-up, and although I love to play with make-up I have recently enjoyed the fact that I can wake up and give my face a wash and be pretty much set to go

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
starting, young