How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2007
tfs star

^Thanks so much!
I've been seeing a lot about the side crunches online, and I started doing them a couple days ago.

I heard that they could help with the "lines" but I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming!!

When I suck my stomach in, I have the line too, so hopefully it will become more defined if I lose a little bit of flab and do daily stomach exercises.

How long have you been doing them for?

Last edited by style_star; 14-08-2007 at 10:01 AM.

14-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alix* View Post
^ How long have you been doing pilates for?
Not for very long, actually. I did it on and off again once to twice a week for about three months until I got it, I think.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_star View Post
How long have you been doing them for?
You're welcome! I stopped doing them a while ago, but before that I had been doing them for several years. I didn't have time to do any more because of school, but I used to do between 60 and 100 (all together, not 60/100 of each type) at least three times a week. I started off with 20 in the beginning and worked my way up as it became easier. I should start doing them again!

I can't remember at which point it became very defined, though. Sorry!

Last edited by Eurasian Mélange; 14-08-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Missed something out.
14-08-2007
backstage pass

I forgot to mention (and it's too late to edit now) that I now do Egyptian belly dancing, which keeps my stomach in shape. So far, the main move I have learnt that helps tone your stomach are 'belly bumps.' Basically, you use your abdominal muscles to puff out your stomach and suck in. Make sure you breathe normally and don't do it too much as I was warned by my belly dancing teacher that it can make you go running to the toilet if you push yourself too hard!

14-08-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
I forgot to mention (and it's too late to edit now) that I now do Egyptian belly dancing, which keeps my stomach in shape. So far, the main move I have learnt that helps tone your stomach are 'belly bumps.' Basically, you use your abdominal muscles to puff out your stomach and suck in. Make sure you breathe normally and don't do it too much as I was warned by my belly dancing teacher that it can make you go running to the toilet if you push yourself too hard!
Thanks again for all of this insight!

Are belly bumps when you do a type of vertical roll on your stomach by sucking in and jutting out your stomach? I think that's what you meant but I can't be sure.

If that is the case, then I'm happy it has a use because between exercises I do that sometimes. It feels useful because you can feel a bit of a strain in the ab area but I always thought it was only wishful thinking.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_star View Post
Thanks again for all of this insight!

Are belly bumps when you do a type of vertical roll on your stomach by sucking in and jutting out your stomach? I think that's what you meant but I can't be sure.
No problem! Belly bumps is just puffing out your stomach so you make yourself look as fat as you can and then sucking in as far as possible so that you can see your ribcage. It's a great workout if you try to do it for a long time, or to do it very fast! The rolling thing also helps, but I don't know whether the bumps and rolls are equal in how they exercise your abs or if one is better than the other.

I tried to find a video on youtube of the belly bumps for you, but all I can find are videos of pregnant women and fat people walking into each other.

03-10-2007
Adore You

hey guys im watching tv right now and im watching infomercials
has anyone tried Hip Hop Abs(.com, if you want to check it out)

they dont have it in stores and you can only order it through them..

ive been looking for a fun way to get in shape and i like the idea of doing it by dancing like a fool.

Last edited by kissablekae; 03-10-2007 at 08:08 AM.
08-07-2010
V.I.P.

are there any special exercises i can do to get rid of "hip" fat? i have a flat stomach, i just want to get rid of the little flab on the sides...i'll post a pic so you know what i mean, don't know the proper english name for it

apotheken-umschau.de

vertebrae by vertebrae

^^ in my experience, bicycle crunches... and lots of them! best way to eliminate lovehandles and tighten the core as a whole.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exercises, stomach