How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkcouture+Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinkcouture @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Jan 9th, 2004 - 3:30 pm
not really kill them i think you know....my best friend and i always do this i say i want her stomach and i hate her for it and she says i want your ***...... we all want what we can't have.
haha me and my best friend used to do the exact same thing..she wanted my butt and I wanted her abs...but those times are over now since I worked on my stomach and now its flat! She also has a butt now! I just do a lot of crunches everyday on an exercise ball and do some cardio such as running on the treadmill or working on the exercise bike! [/b][/quote]
a few questions...
i work out everyday - cardio a mix of fast walking and running.... i incorporate sit ups, etc, weights every other day and really on the weekends i take breaks ....and now i am doing pilates when i have time....

how long do you work out when you go your cardio and how many crunches each day do you do?

10-01-2004
tgp
fashion elite

I have heard over and over that if done correctly, 25 crunches is all you need a day

10-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by tgp@Jan 10th, 2004 - 11:26 pm
I have heard over and over that if done correctly, 25 crunches is all you need a day
i have heard that too....and i think since i started concentrating more on them -isolating the abs and doing good 25-30 i am noticing a difference..... i even read that 25 good ones is better than 500 sloppy because it is so bad for your back as well as not toning those muscles...

11-01-2004
rising star

I do about 45 mins of cardio in the gym and then 30 mins weights

It is also recommened to do other kinds of sports like running, swimming as well as.

26-01-2004
front row

Get an ab roller. It basically looks like a wheel with handles. It works wonders (though I haven't used it in months and now I'm back to a flabby tummy lol). At first it really burns and you can't do much, but after a while it gets better and voila. you have a nice stomach, as well as toned arms.

27-01-2004
scenester

Hi Girls,

Today I did:-

100 normal crunches
100 crunches legs bent to right
100 crunches legs bent to left
100 crunches legs in air
100 crunches legs flat on floor
(all done using an ab frame)
100 leg raises

This really burned! But I am certain that doing high reps of exercises is the way to a flat tum! It only took 20 mins; I've been doing this for a while and my stomach is definitely flattening. It's worth the pain!

Charlotte

27-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlotte560@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:40 pm
Hi Girls,

Today I did:-

100 normal crunches
100 crunches legs bent to right
100 crunches legs bent to left
100 crunches legs in air
100 crunches legs flat on floor
(all done using an ab frame)
100 leg raises

This really burned! But I am certain that doing high reps of exercises is the way to a flat tum! It only took 20 mins; I've been doing this for a while and my stomach is definitely flattening. It's worth the pain!

Charlotte
this is excellent...
i've been doing this for 2 weeks now and my muscles are showing big time

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
27-01-2004
front row

Hey I'm joining you! I got back from a visit to my doctor.

In November last year my right knee started to hurt really bad. It turned out I had an infection so I had to stop working out. I used to do aerobics 2-4 times a week. I think aerobics is so fun, the music - the movements. It all gives me so much energy. I haven't excerised since but today my doctor said it is ok to start doing some light excersice so I'm with you all!!!!! I'll do my crunches everyday and I'll start working out again (I've missed it!!!!!!).

Wee!!!!! flat tummy here i come!

27-01-2004
fashion insider

i have been doing the winsor pilates ab sculplting.... only 20 min 2-3 times a week along with my 5 days a week cardio and 3 days weights and the pilates is totally working my abs....

100 reps is a lot and i asked a trainer at my gym and she said 20 good ones slow is better than more than that fast and that you do more harm to your back she said that is the way to go and her abs look FABS (hehe) ....so be careful and maybe just work your abs harder with 20 of each?

27-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Jan 27th, 2004 - 7:51 pm
i have been doing the winsor pilates ab sculplting.... only 20 min 2-3 times a week along with my 5 days a week cardio and 3 days weights and the pilates is totally working my abs....

100 reps is a lot and i asked a trainer at my gym and she said 20 good ones slow is better than more than that fast and that you do more harm to your back she said that is the way to go and her abs look FABS (hehe) ....so be careful and maybe just work your abs harder with 20 of each?
thats what i do. 20 of each. i dunno how one can do 100 ??? i'll be in pain for weeks

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
27-01-2004
V.I.P.

i dont even know what all i do, or am made to do ...but what i know is that my instructor takes great pleasure in torturing me! he's this horrible guy i would kill if murder was legal!

27-01-2004
V.I.P.

I have had a six-pack since I was 13/14. I used to do upside down sit ups (oww my knees are killing me. Don't do that if you value your knees.
A little advice:
Don't use the aid of weights,(unless you want a big tummy bulge or a hernia)
Do you sit ups in the morning before you eat. Dont do them immediately afterwards. If you so, you will not burn fat, and the mucle that will develop in the lower abdominal region(tummy) will push out the fat and you will look pot bellied.
If you need anymore advice, see a personal trainer. If they scare you too much, I suppose you could ask me.

27-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jan 27th, 2004 - 5:02 pm
I have had a six-pack since I was 13/14. I used to do upside down sit ups (oww my knees are killing me. Don't do that if you value your knees.
A little advice:
Don't use the aid of weights,(unless you want a big tummy bulge or a hernia)
Do you sit ups in the morning before you eat. Dont do them immediately afterwards. If you so, you will not burn fat, and the mucle that will develop in the lower abdominal region(tummy) will push out the fat and you will look pot bellied.
If you need anymore advice, see a personal trainer. If they scare you too much, I suppose you could ask me.
I think the main thing when you get a personal trainer is to be honest about who you are and what you want. If you want to be skinnier and you like to party it up, just be honest and say so. Chances are that you'll get a trainer who is more loosey-goosey and not quite so intimidating. Or at least I did.

29-01-2004
scenester

Hi All,

I disagree about reps. I think it really is good to do high reps. It doesn't take much extra time. What I think is that the first few reps tire out some of the muscles, as you do more you have to work the deep core muscles to keep going. That's the theory anyway...what I do know is that doing 100 reps of each has really worked for me! If you can do 20 all you need to do is add a few on each day. Or do 20, have a rest and do another 20. Try to build up to 100 - it really is woth it. If it starts to hurt and you want to stop just think "bikini" and keep going!

Here's a little challenge - today everyone try to do 100 crunches (stop for rests if you need to) and 100 leg raises. I'm sure you can all manage it!

Good luck,
Charlotte xx

29-01-2004
backstage pass

Pilates is great for your abs. Also good for your posture. It really gives you a lean but muscular looks, very model-esque I think. The whole idea behind it is that it doesn't add bulk like most workouts, which is actually killing tissue or something. I swear by that and running, until I got stress fracutures ugh. Running up hills in the snow and slush and cold is the worst invention. Gosh darn indoor track team which requires you to train outside!

Eep I'm getting off topic...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exercises, stomach