How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-01-2004
trendsetter

I kinda have to go with lele on this one.
It is better to do the 20 crunches...as long as you really concentrate on your abs and *hold* and back down...that will never bulk you up.
Also great for the lower abs...reverse crunch (is that how you call it, when you lift your legs up and down....I only know this in Russian)?
Bring your legs down, with your hands under your butt and spine to the floor (never arch) and hold he legs an inch or two above the ground for a minute, two, whatever you can do. And every week, increase your time.
You'll feel it.

29-01-2004
V.I.P.

If you are focussing on also going for that sculpted ab look, you need to do high reps. Not at first, but after you muscle builds a bit, The first 20 Wont really work the muscle, only strecth it a bit. Ohh, Remember to stretch, very important.

29-01-2004
V.I.P.

If you are focussing on also going for that sculpted ab look, you need to do high reps. Not at first, but after you muscle builds a bit, The first 20 Wont really work the muscle, only strecth it a bit. Ohh, Remember to stretch, very important.

30-01-2004
scenester

Hi,

Yes...AhGucci...you are right. You need to do high reps to get that toned look. 20 reps doesn't really work the muscles.

Sugo...the exercise where you hold the legs a couple of inches off the ground is great. You should do this for 2 minutes or more every day. It's good to do this after doing your leg raises - really gets to the lower abs.

Thanks to everyone for replies and good advice.

Charlotte

30-01-2004
V.I.P.

Yeah, your most welcome.
Sorry about all the spelling mistakes, I was tired when I wrote that.

By the way, ising one of those balls to do abdominal exersizes really helps too, I did it in physio after my first serious sports injury, and it was a great help.

19-02-2004
windowshopping

It seems as if this thread has died...I hope I'm not too late. I really need a flat stomach! I've been self-conscious about my tummy pooch for about 4 years now. (I've had the stomach longer than that, but it was 4 years ago when it really started to bother me.) I need the motivation and the right exercises to not only flatten my abs, but to get rid of the fat on top! Please help!

19-02-2004
rising star

What has worked for me is mostly diet:

Eat high protien low carbs

If you are not lean than now amount of crunches will help.

20-02-2004
scenester

Hi,

Welcome to the thread. You are not too late at all!

To get rid of the fat you need to watch your diet and do aerobic exercise such as running or swimming. Back this up by doing crunches and leg raises - see earlier posts. If you want motivation just post back.

I am determined that this summer my stomach will be flat and toned and I'd love to help anyone else who wants the same. So do post back and give each other some motivation.

Come on girls - let's crunch these stomachs into submission!!

Charlotte

20-02-2004
front row

Swimming is superb for your whole body! Unfortunately I can't swim as my knee hurts after an accident but I truly recommend it to everyone else. I keep on working out and eating healthy - going great even though I haven't lost any weight but I think I've built some muscles instead (which weight more)

22-02-2004
V.I.P.

Overall, smimming is the best form of exersize, then jumprope (yes, its true). Before you do any form of training, remember, on of the most important things to train is the heart. Cardiovascular training is important.
To get a flat tummy, do your abs exersizes in the morning before breakfast, or if you dont even have time for breakfast, before you have eaten anything. Then your body utilises the fat in your abs region, and not the glucose you did just intake.

05-03-2004
scenester

lele where did u download the pilates video.

i've been breathing in and holding all the fat, i heard it makes muscle. its been about 2 weeks and i swear i have more muscle than b4.

wats reps?

02-04-2004
elementary.

pilates is fab. it gives you a lean sculpted figure and really helps improve your posture which can make such a huge difference to your appearance, you can look slimmer & taller just by improving your posture.

scenester

Hi Girls,

How are you doing on your stomach toning?? Bikini time is coming so that stomach is going to have to be flat and toned!!

Who wants to share exercises, advice, encouragement etc.

Let's burn off that flab!

Charlotte

26-04-2004
Fierce Flava

I just started to do some stomach toning..

first thing is I eat a lot of carbs like white rice and that makes my belly expand. I eat it still, but in smaller quantities.

next my exercise I do a lot of crunches for em and I have been doing pilates workouts that are targeted to the stomach....actually, I'm doing full body toning...working every part of my body...cardio, then weights, then machines, then swim is my routine on a daily workout night at the gym.

Still, I dont know what else to do about my ponch tummy...I guess I need to give it time.

27-04-2004
V.I.P.

i got that same target and ive been doing crunches.
ive done it for bitonger than a month and i got definition already... so im hoping to get more definition in another month...
.. the outskirts of a six pack would be perfect (right now its a 2 pack )

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exercises, stomach