How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2004
scenester

Umm Ive noticed dat Im gettin those iz dat normal?? I mean Im still a virgin aint got no kids so wats tha deal why am I gettin dem

15-05-2004
V.I.P.

Not to worry, it's typical for the vast majority of women. Stretch marks are a sign that your body has changed, due to a weight gain (pregnancy, for example), or simply your figure developing through puberty. You're definately not the only one who has them.

15-05-2004
Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 15th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Not to worry, it's typical for the vast majority of women. Stretch marks are a sign that your body has changed, due to a weight gain (pregnancy, for example), or simply your figure developing through puberty. You're definately not the only one who has them.
Not only women, guys too. I got them all over my ***.

But don't worry they'll fade as time passes by... WITH the right excercise. But if you don't have time to wait you can get the treatment called Microdermabrasion but warn you it is $$$$$$$. Aiiggght?

15-05-2004
backstage pass

from what i heard, it takes a loongg time to fade. i think if you use cocoa butter or something, it'll go away but only for new stretch marks. and it's very normal

15-05-2004
backstage pass

hehe try using MUSTELA double stretch mark cream or better yet, use CLARINS oil.

Fierce Flava

theres a body balm that prevents them too...my sis in law used it when she was pregnant and she has no stretch marks on her belly...and to get rid just keep em moisturized to keep elasticity of the skin...

15-05-2004
backstage pass

i used mustela all throughout my pregnancy and alternated that with clarins. it worked wonders-- no stretch marks on my belly :-)))))
my friends said to use extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed.

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by ignitioned32+May 15th, 2004 - 2:30 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ May 15th, 2004 - 2:30 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@May 15th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Not only women, guys too. I got them all over my ***.

But don't worry they'll fade as time passes by... WITH the right excercise. But if you don't have time to wait you can get the treatment called Microdermabrasion but warn you it is $$$$$$$. Aiiggght? [/b][/quote]
Does Microdermabrasion really work for stretch marks?
I was wanting to get it this summer but wasn't sure if it really works.
Do you know how many treatments you need to get rid of mild ones?
They're already white and pretty faded but I get so embarassed come beach time!

15-05-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Not so much for guys...I know I've never had them and I'm sure none of my male friends have ever mentioned them...

Proponent of Plaid

Some guys get them when they have their teenaged growth spurts. A buddy of mine in college had them on the sides of his arms and chest from really fast muscle-size increase due to a passion for weight-lifting concurrent with his last teenaged growth spurt.

His kind of looked like a hot-rod flame job.

backstage pass

I have some pretty bad ones... or at least I think they're bad (it's not like I pull my pants down to ask people's opinions ). I used to be this skinny little beanpole and then at the age of 16 I grew a butt and hips almost overnight. No matter how much I excersise or moisturize they're still there!

15-05-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by banana@May 16th, 2004 - 1:05 am
I have some pretty bad ones... or at least I think they're bad (it's not like I pull my pants down to ask people's opinions ). I used to be this skinny little beanpole and then at the age of 16 I grew a butt and hips almost overnight. No matter how much I excersise or moisturize they're still there!
i honestly think stretchies are normal so dont fret

scenester

thanxs u guys appreciate it

16-05-2004
front row

I think stretch marks shouldnt be seen as a terrible thing but as a change, and one shouldnt fret about it. Cocoa butter should keep the area supple.

(Do i sound like some kinda hippy? )

16-05-2004
backstage pass

what about strivectin? has anyone had any good results?

Don't blame me: I'm From Massachusetts

At least It Ain't Bush '08
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
marks, stretch