Stubby-looking Legs (Even after shaving!!!) - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2006
scenester

Stubby-looking Legs (Even after shaving!!!)
I hate my legs. They look real stubby even after I shave them. What should I do about it. I guess it might be because of my razer but I don't know. Also my legs have awful cuts from my wild years as a toddler and early adolescence. I wanna have nice scar-less, non-stubby legs!! HELP!

PLEASE

04-03-2006
scenester

I used to have the same problem also, before i used a razer with 4 blades and i was using shaving gel.. afterwards my legs would be stubby. i tried using the razors with 1 blade and used shaving gel, MUCH BETTER... the gel protects from accidentely slipping and cutting and the one blade gives a closer shave and less clogging in the blades... as for your cuts, i'm not sure what you cant do about the scaring.. sorry

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Some scars fade over time but deeper ones don't. I would try a men's razor since the Venus razors are horrid-like the new Fusion because it has 5 blades close together and on the other side, a single blade for precision.

As far as scars-try Mederma.

05-03-2006
Diamond

Maybe waxing would be the best route. It's fairly painless and lasts a lot longer than shaving. The only downside is that you have to grow the hair out (my aesthetician told me about the length of a grain of rice) in order for the wax to work.

For a more permanent solution, laser hair removal is always an option

~Madeleine Albright
05-03-2006
Adorable illusion

I think its best to use a nice clean razor for best results and have you tried moisturising your legs after because that may help too.

26-05-2006
front row

I had the same problem. Waxing saved me. I've been waxing for 8+ years, so now my hair comes back very sparse -- when I do not have the time to wax and I shave, it actually lasts longer, it just hurts more when I go wax.

Good luck.

26-05-2006
fashion elite

Rocketqueen do you use shaving cream or gel?

windowshopping

Yeah I've found using the old style razors with one blade vs the knew like 90928 blade razors, the old one one works much better and it's more precise and doesn't get clogged.

It's scarier though

<edit> soap is also better than the new shave gel stuff

Last edited by Ken_Allen; 29-05-2006 at 08:28 AM.
29-05-2006
Fierce Flava

ther than what is said, I noticed I get a closer shave when I open the pores on my legs up with hot water and then rinse with very cold to close them up again. I moisturize after with a very light moisturizer to avoid clogging and use a much heavier lotion only at night.

29-05-2006
front row

I do waxing from time to time,but in fact not always,when I am lazy to do it,I just shave my legs with a soft shaver,using a gel,then I put a lotion,the best one is the baby oil from "johnson&johnson" or "Nivea",but you should moisturise while the skin is still humide and not completly dried,and miracle,they become very soft.

If you don't want to wax or to shave,then you can use the electiric epilators,there's good one available in the market,from "Braun" "Silk epil".....,they remove the hair from their roots like waxing,the most important is moisturising the skin after that.

30-05-2006
windowshopping

i dont know what razors are better...but a new sharp one is always better. shaving gel is a must...it gets annoying but so does stubble!
i heard veet works good...better than nair anyway...for cream removal.
mederma ((or scarzone)) is a must for scar removal it works miracles!!
also, somebody once told me they couldnt even tell i had stubble right after shaving...and im like you cant see that??! but alot of people have it to some degree...so take some comfort in that.

30-05-2006
windowshopping

I used to have the same problem because not only do I have coarse hair, my hair grows back within a day! I tried the delipilatory (sp?) lotions but they were too harsh for my skin. I've recently started waxing and I LOVE it. It takes some time and patience but it's definitely worth it. I'm using GiGi wax machine and wax and to my surprise, it didn't even hurt. I got them at sally beauty store but then I'm sure you can buy it at other beauty shops.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
legs, shaving, stubbylooking