How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-07-2006
rising star

Sun-in, does it work?
i'm going on vacation soon and i wanna brighten my hair color, so i thought of using ''Sun-in''. However, i've heard stories of people who put sun-in in their hair and the color turned out orange. i dont want orange, i just want a lighter version of my hair (i have brown hair). if anyone has any experiences or any opinions to share, id appreciate it if they would!

thanks!

20-07-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioanna
i'm going on vacation soon and i wanna brighten my hair color, so i thought of using ''Sun-in''. However, i've heard stories of people who put sun-in in their hair and the color turned out orange. i dont want orange, i just want a lighter version of my hair (i have brown hair). if anyone has any experiences or any opinions to share, id appreciate it if they would!

thanks!
I am a natural blonde, but my sister is a brunette...and she use to use it when she was a teenage girl - and it looked like a cheap, chavvy bottle blonde. So I recommend you not to use it!

Lemon juice normally helps your hair get lighter though.

20-07-2006
backstage pass

I wouldn't reccomend you use it either. I know 2 friends who used it together and it worked lovely for one of them... and it turned the other one orange. So I guess it just works for some people but not others.

20-07-2006
Diamond

I used this once in middle school (about 14 years ago). I remember it making my hair feel greasy and dirty. And the color wasn't much better. However, I know two girls who currently use it and their color looks great. Personally, I wouldn't chance it. I would go the lemon juice route as previously suggested, or go the the salon for a few highlights

~Madeleine Albright
20-07-2006
fashion elite

I forget what exactly is in it, but there is a harmful chemical in it, and I know many friends who aren't allowed to use it because of that. Lemon juice!!

20-07-2006
tfs star

i used it last year and it turned out fine for me. im a dark brunette and it made it light brown with no hint of orange. i think that it really goes orange only if you have red undertones in your hair. The only thing i found is that it made my hair a little drier than usual
Like most things it has its ups and downs!

20-07-2006
V.I.P.

I used it a few years ago to lighten my hair and it was a really cheap blonde. I think it's cause I used it every day-got my hair wet, sprayed and combed it in, and then used my hairdryer. I think that if you use it in moderation there won't be as much of a problem, but lemon juice will work better.

20-07-2006
rising star

ok thanks for everyones helpful replies and comments! i appreciate it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sunin, work