How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2007
front row

lalabelle, we do have tampons with applicators here in Australia. However they are only Tampax brand and we don't have Pearl and all those are other types. Just your average cardboard tubes that come in two different sizes.

I no longer use either pads or tampons. I got my cup in the mail just before my last period. It is absolutely fantastic. I will never, ever go back to my previous products. The cup is fantastic. It is more comfortable, cheaper and I don't get any leaking like I did with tampons. I love it.

08-10-2007
& b

I love this thread :hearT:

More Old Skool Than You

I'm not even going to read the thread, but I once bought tampons for an ex. I specifically remember going to the closest 7-11 and walking by them like 2 or 3 times, to just glance and see if they had the box color she wanted without getting caught staring, you know?

Then I walked over to the beer aisle, saddled up a 40 oz. of Mickey's (to man it up a bit), snagged the tampons on the way to the register, asked for a pack of cigarettes and then casually tossed the tampons on the counter. The guy looked at me a little ****-eyed to which I replied, 'What?'

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimus View Post
What happens when someone in the future asks why she had to have the amputation?
What's wrong with telling the truth?

When something so extremely major has affected your life, and will continue affecting your life, why would you lie about it?

Yes, it might be embarrassing that she left it in for that long, but I'm sure she wouldn't actually need to disclose exact details about it.

08-10-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain View Post
I'm not even going to read the thread, but I once bought tampons for an ex. I specifically remember going to the closest 7-11 and walking by them like 2 or 3 times, to just glance and see if they had the box color she wanted without getting caught staring, you know?

Then I walked over to the beer aisle, saddled up a 40 oz. of Mickey's (to man it up a bit), snagged the tampons on the way to the register, asked for a pack of cigarettes and then casually tossed the tampons on the counter. The guy looked at me a little ****-eyed to which I replied, 'What?'
For my boyfriend it's the most normal things in the world to buy some tampons from me. The only thing the cashier can draw from this that he must have a girlfriend/wife under 50. What's so embarrasing about that?

08-10-2007
V.I.P.

^^im askin myself the same thing...i mean girls buy condoms too, right? so whats the big deal about guys buying tampons?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy View Post
^^im askin myself the same thing...i mean girls buy condoms too, right? so whats the big deal about guys buying tampons?
Maybe it's just a male thing?
Or, maybe it's just a sterotyped male thing. maybe some men have it drilled into their heads that they shouldn't be buying things like that. I suppose for more conservative families who try to raise their sons into typical manly men who like cars and tools and sports, and doing something like buying a box of tampons is a shameful, un-masculine thing to do?
Maybe?

08-10-2007
Fashion Designer

i dont think is a macho thing. its embarassing even for me to buy that kind of things sometimes, not like i would hide but i dont know i guess its just me, my bf doesnt care about that anyways but i prefer not to ask him to do that cause he always gets the wrong ones...but wait that happens with all the stuff i ask him to bring from the shops....

09-10-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimus View Post
Maybe it's just a male thing?
Or, maybe it's just a sterotyped male thing. maybe some men have it drilled into their heads that they shouldn't be buying things like that. I suppose for more conservative families who try to raise their sons into typical manly men who like cars and tools and sports, and doing something like buying a box of tampons is a shameful, un-masculine thing to do?
Maybe?
Good point, but I don't think a guy like that would be registered at tfs.

10-10-2007
More Old Skool Than You

^ Hey, I dig the cars and tools. I think it's more fear about getting caught by your friends than anything else. The first time was bad, but I've done it since then, it's almost funny now.

But a chick will say 'At least people will know you're getting laid.'

My friends will say, 'At least people will know you're pussy whipped.'

fashion insider

I don't buy my own tampons or pads, my boyfriend gets them for me cus I hate going to the supermarket : D

It's pretty obvious they're not for him so what's the big deal?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
tampons