How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2007
Eat me, drink me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa View Post
I use OB.

And they are the ONLY kind I've used that have 0 leakage for me.
Same here! Also I feel a little less wasteful because there's no applicator, so you're not producing that much waste/garbage/whatever.

They're the most comfortable I've ever used, and the zero leakage is true true true.

10-09-2007
oh! darling

Really? ZERO leakage? I find myself wearing the thin/light day pands in my underwear anyway just in case anything leaks accidentally. I will always use Pearl religiously, but it still leaks. Am I using the wrong size?

still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Really? ZERO leakage? I find myself wearing the thin/light day pands in my underwear anyway just in case anything leaks accidentally. I will always use Pearl religiously, but it still leaks. Am I using the wrong size?
for me, it's about the direction the tampon expands when wet.

no matter how saturated, a tampax tampon never gets wide enough for me, they expand up and down, vertically. OB expands in all direction, hence stopping things up for me, and also making it so more liquid can be absorbed in the interior of the tampon. a tampax seems to get saturated on the outside and not be able to take any more.

10-09-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
You're not the only one...
I also know I'd be so worried it'd spill everywhere....seeing as though it's not actually being absorbed by anything, it's just sitting there. But I guess I won't know until I try them.

And I like the idea of things being disposable rather than having to re-use the one thing (bad I know). Are there disposable cups? =I'm thinking maybe i will need to go on the pill and make it like so I only get my period half the amount as I usually would, limiting my exposure to gross uncomfortable pads.
Instead cups are disposable: http://www.softcup.com/

Deep Red Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa View Post
for me, it's about the direction the tampon expands when wet.

no matter how saturated, a tampax tampon never gets wide enough for me, they expand up and down, vertically. OB expands in all direction, hence stopping things up for me, and also making it so more liquid can be absorbed in the interior of the tampon. a tampax seems to get saturated on the outside and not be able to take any more.
I have noticed that too...
it makes me mad to get leaks and then see that.

As I said before I will be trying the cups...
but I just finished my period so I will let you know how it goes in about 28 days or so.:p

11-09-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
what if you stand on your head when you've got a cup in you and all the blood goes back up ...
oh my god

(goes off puking)

12-09-2007
oh! darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_k View Post
Instead cups are disposable: http://www.softcup.com/
Those "cups" seem interesting. Do they sell them in America too? I just went to the drug store the other day for some tampons, but I didn't notice any cups. If I had, I'm sure I would've told someone about my "interesting" find.

V.I.P.

^^
Last time I was at Wal-Mart (sigh - close to my college campus) getting tampons they had 'cups'. I actually picked up the box and checked them out. They weren't for me, I just recently graduated from pads (!) to Tampax Pearl but they had them. They weren't expensive, either. About $4.

12-09-2007
oh! darling

It's funny how people here say they've "graduated" from pads.

"Here's your diploma. Congratulations, you're one step closer to a less crinkly future."

V.I.P.

I hate pads and towels and everything else regularily have never used them and dont think i ever will .. like nappys ew .. am i the only one who hates tampax with a passion ?? they are such an odd shape .. also am i the only one one find aplicators really annoying ?? the only brand i will use is lillettes dont know if you can get them outside uk

12-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
It's funny how people here say they've "graduated" from pads.

"Here's your diploma. Congratulations, you're one step closer to a less crinkly future."

But really, I really felt a zillion times better than when I was using pads. I never knew how uncomfortable they were until I got the nerve to use tampons!

13-09-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanka View Post
I once had a tampon (Ob stuck in me for atwo weeks! I know, gross, but it's a girly thread, so I guess I can talk about it. It was one of those situation, when I was in a hurry in an airport and when I checked, I couldn't see a cord (it went it too far) and I just put a new one in! Nothing much happend, it didn't feel weird at all, and definetly could not feel it.

Imagine my suprise when I was in a shower and the tampon just popped out This was literally the grossest moment of my entire life It was like giving birth to an alien. I went to the doctor and he just shrugged, he said if something was wrong, I would already feel it big time My mother said it happend to her once too and she had to go to a gyn. to get it removed. I wonder if it does indeed happen frequently. It says on the pack tampons don't get stuck in your body, but that's obviously a lie!

I don't know if i should laugh or be grossed out lol sorry lol....

i'm so scared of leaks but i really want to try tampons, i even bought some (i think they're just regular plastic) but they look so painful, i hate hate hate pads.....which are the least scary??

13-09-2007
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven View Post
I don't know if i should laugh or be grossed out lol sorry lol....

i'm so scared of leaks but i really want to try tampons, i even bought some (i think they're just regular plastic) but they look so painful, i hate hate hate pads.....which are the least scary??
maybe start by using the thinnest, smallest kind unti you're more used to them, so use them only on days that you have a light flow. for some people the heavy duty absorption ones seems most daunting.

the ONLY time a tampon is painful is if your'e dry. sounds like tmi but really, if you are lubricated, as you should be when in need of a tampon, there is no reason for pain.

13-09-2007
rising star

^thanks! but which brand are more comfortable? everyone seems to like the tampax pearls, so maybe that?

13-09-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Snob View Post

But really, I really felt a zillion times better than when I was using pads. I never knew how uncomfortable they were until I got the nerve to use tampons!
I hate pads but it really hurts for me to wear tampons. I can only endure to use for about 2 hours and still very umcomfortable. Is there anything am I doing wrong? What can I do to help stop the pain?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
tampons