How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2007
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapaula View Post
I hate pads but it really hurts for me to wear tampons. I can only endure to use for about 2 hours and still very umcomfortable. Is there anything am I doing wrong? What can I do to help stop the pain?
I have no idea why I feel like talking about tampons so much, but here goes...

you're probably not putting them in far enough. the only time you should ever even be able to feel a tampon is if it's inserted incorrectly.

the very first time I ever wore a tampon was because I had ballet and obviously needed one. I remember vividly being in so much pain during class and feeling the tampon moving while jumping around, all because I hadn't put it in far enough, so as it expanded it basically started to come out.

17-09-2007
Eat me, drink me

Hrm, those cups kinda gross me out. I can only imagine all the flow streaming out when you remove it? Sorry if that was too gross to say, hehe.

As for the o.b. tampons, as the girls said before, it's all about the way it expands. It's the only one that expands comfortably and unleakage-y, that I've used. Other tampons seem to expand in weird shapes and that's when the leaks occur.

coffee&tv

What are peoples views on Playtex?

Deep Red Bells

^ Someone a few pages back said they liked Playtex....
but I always have leaks with them.... always!!!

18-09-2007
fashion insider

Lil'lets have definitely been the best brand I've ever used but I just can't find them anywhere. So I have to use tampax and i HATE tampax. It feels like I'm shoving 1 ply recycled toilet paper up there.

18-09-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

I always use OB tampons. That's all my mom uses, so I guess I just learned from her. :p

18-09-2007
backstage pass

I bought some Tampax pearl unscented and when I opened the box they were all scented, they even had the blue wrapper. Scented tampons really freak me out...

19-09-2007
i'm almost ready..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanka
It was like giving birth to an alien.
i havent laughed this hard in a while..
your entire post was so expressive...
i almost feel like it happened to me...
:p...

anyway- this thread is very informative...
i love this about women...
the way we'll all congregate and just have a chat...
even about our monthly cycles......

19-09-2007
front row

I found out a little tip today - If you ever get a tampon or a cup go a bit too far inside you and you are having trouble getting it out, squat down so that your butt is resting on your heels. This shortens the length of the vagina so it should be easier for you to reach inside and grab hold of your tampon/cup and remove it.

My Diva Cup came in the mail today. My period starts soon so it will be interesting to find out how it goes.

19-09-2007
V.I.P.

Yeah I must be the only one who likes cardboard-I use the Tampax unscented cardboard ones, since they're the best ones in the super plus. I like how flushable they are, and they are not uncomfortable in the slightest from what I have found.

After I switched over from pads to tampons at 13 though-I never went back. I can never go back to pads.

21-09-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestess View Post
I found out a little tip today - If you ever get a tampon or a cup go a bit too far inside you and you are having trouble getting it out, squat down so that your butt is resting on your heels. This shortens the length of the vagina so it should be easier for you to reach inside and grab hold of your tampon/cup and remove it.

My Diva Cup came in the mail today. My period starts soon so it will be interesting to find out how it goes.
Oh, do let us know how it goes. I would love to use one, but I'm worried it'll be to big for me.

21-09-2007
V.I.P.

^^ sorry to be so so blunt and discusitng .. but if u can get a babys head out .. u can get a tampon up were stretchable u know

21-09-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
^ I find pads much more gross actually...
you're basically sitting in that mess...

You know, a lot of people say this, but I am just too sensitive 'down there' to wear tampons. I've tried a few times and every time I have nearly been reduced to tears just in the application process.

ETA: And I don't think its just a problem with my application... my mother never used tampons because of the pain either (before she went through the change, but that's another thread). I think its just a family thing...

Plus, I find getting Toxic Shock Syndrome much grosser.

Last edited by KhaoticKharma; 21-09-2007 at 06:34 PM.
21-09-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

^ TSS is really rare. I've read a statistic somewhere that said something like 1-17 people out of every 100,000 will get it. If you don't leave a tampon in all day or a few days, you probably won't get it...

I didn't start using tampons until I started having sex. I didn't realize how miserable I was until I was freed from them! No matter what you do, you'll smell when you wear pads... Plus it just feels like you're wearing a diaper. Putting tampons in for the first time is weird. If you don't insert them right, it'll feel weird and probably won't feel like it's in there good. But you just have to try it a couple of times, and start with the smallest ones.

21-09-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
^ TSS is really rare. I've read a statistic somewhere that said something like 1-17 people out of every 100,000 will get it. If you don't leave a tampon in all day or a few days, you probably won't get it...

I didn't start using tampons until I started having sex. I didn't realize how miserable I was until I was freed from them! No matter what you do, you'll smell when you wear pads... Plus it just feels like you're wearing a diaper. Putting tampons in for the first time is weird. If you don't insert them right, it'll feel weird and probably won't feel like it's in there good. But you just have to try it a couple of times, and start with the smallest ones.
That's probably the major factor... I am one of the world's few remaining virgins.

As for the smell with pads... I was read in a magazine that the smell is really only evident a) when you don't bathe and b) if you don't change. A lot of the 'smell' is purly in the paranoid mensturating mind.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
tampons