How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2007
Storm & Sommer

The Tarte Cosmetics thread
What do you think of Tarte ?
Any products you think are musthaves ?

I'm dying to try their limited edition 'Peaches & Creme' Oil-free liquid powder mineral foundation SPF 20

Image from www.tartesometics.com

It's gotten great reviews on Makeup Alley already despite not really having hit the shelves yet (I know, because I had a friend try and get it for me several places in NY, and the SAs hardly knew the product nor had gotten it in store yet) ..
Have you tried it? and what did you think ?

I wish the line was avaiable in Europe, as it is it's limited to the US (Sephora, Bergdorf Goodman among others), Canada and a single store in Australia.

I contacted tarte and was told:

Quote:
At this time we
cannot ship outside of the United States; however, please continue to visit
our website as we wish to expand into Europe in the future.
From the tarte website:

The peaches & cream complexion: is it an unattainable myth? We were starting to wonder…until we whipped up this velvety confection for your skin. Apply it whenever you want to hide imperfections and create a perfectly smooth canvas. The vitamin-enriched, hypoallergenic, SPF 20 formula goes on like a dream and dries to a soft, powdery finish that’s just peachy.

skinvigorating™ benefits
• Proprietary multi mineral complex: Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, and Lysine help protect skin.
• Vitamins A & C: provide antioxidant protection against environmental stress
• Vitamin E conditions skin
• Dermatologist tested
• Oil-free formula

Shade Descriptions:
Fair- porcelain complexions
Light- light complexions
Medium- medium/light olive complexions
Tan- olive to deep-tan complexions

Ingredients: 0.50 mL /1.7 Fl. Oz. Light, medium, tan active ingredients: 6% titanium dioxide, 3% zinc oxide. other ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, silica, nylon-12, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, aluminum chloride, copper sulfate, manganese chloride, sodium chloride, cobalt chloride, lysine, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polydodecanamideaminium triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, phytantriol, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, sodium hyaluronate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben. (+/-): iron oxide, mica, ultramarines. Fair active ingredients: 6% titanium dioxide, 3% zinc oxide. other ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, silica, nylon-12, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, PEG/PPG 18/18 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polydodecanamideaminium triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, phytantriol, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, sodium hyaluronate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben. (+/-): mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. Made in USA.

pinterest : hanneonpin

Last edited by Hanne; 07-12-2007 at 05:22 AM.

07-12-2007
V.I.P.

Last I heard there were no plans to release Peaches & Cream outside of Tarte's website. I know that QVC had the item for awhile and it was actually an exclusive there, but they have since stopped selling it there.

I love Tarte's eyeshadow palettes -- I have several: The A List, Pop Tarte & Social Butterfly. I have photos up in the "What's in your Makeup Bag?"

I have tried Tarte's tinted moisturizer but sadly it was not for me. The coverage was too light for what I was looking for and I think it broke me out, despite being oil-free. Total bummer.

As for their gel blushes, perhaps what they are best known for, I did not care for them. I have a few of them and they sit pretty much unloved. I don't have particularly oily skin but they do not last on me at all. Plus I am very fair and a lot of the shades are way too dark for my skintone. Dollface was a nice color but again, it didn't last and I have a lot of other blush products that give a similar color but last longer.

21-01-2008
backstage pass

The other day I bought their cheek stain in flushed and its the best! I definetly recomend it I found a substitute for my benetint :p

windowshopping

I just bough the dark defense concealer. It's fantastic. The undertone is perfect or concealing dark under eye circles unlike a lot of other yellow/peach toned concealers.

03-10-2009
scenester

I only have tarte color lip balm, the color is quite nature but a bit dry for balm...

04-10-2009
Eat me, drink me

I bought this as a present for my mom and my sister, since I'm always (really, always) tending to their eyebrows. And I ended up getting one for myself, too. It's fun! I like the little pencil and the powder, nice!

http://www.tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-the-toolbox

backstage pass

Stocked up on a few bits when I was in New York in August. Love the clean slate primer and bronzer.

22-12-2009
rising star

re-loving my old cheek stain (tipsy, tickled and flushed). they do give v natural glowing cheeks!!!

20-01-2010
backstage pass

This needs to come to Europe!

Or at least be shipped from SOMEWHERE...

21-01-2010
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post

I'm dying to try their limited edition 'Peaches & Creme' Oil-free liquid powder mineral foundation SPF 20

Shade Descriptions:

Fair- porcelain complexions
Light- light complexions
Medium- medium/light olive complexions
Tan- olive to deep-tan complexions
Update - I got it in Fair or was it Light ? - Cant recall because I chucked it soon after trying it.. didn't get the hang of it and besides it was seriously 'yellowish' in color.

pinterest : hanneonpin
21-01-2010
rising star

LOVE their eyeshadow palettes although they do tend to double up on colors quite a lot, but the quality and payoff of the eyeshadows is super

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cosmetics, tarte, thread