How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-08-2004
backstage pass

I don't think you realize how much that is going to hurt! The less cushion-y the spot, the more it hurts. And I don't know about you, but my nose has no cushion to it.

And you would have to find one helluva great tattoo artist. Just one freckle alone, has a great range of color, and they aren't perfectly round. I'm afraid that a tattoo artist would end up tattooing reddish round spots on your nose, rather than freckles.

21-08-2004
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I find it absolutely amazing that people without freckles want them, and people without don't... I, personally, have them... and I'd do anything for "clear" skin on my face. But as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Pain would be the least of my worries... What about if you decide in a year, or two, or even in ten, or when you're really old, that you no longer want them? I think you should stick to the pencil, because tastes DO change. Don't be a victim of tattoo remorse!

scenester

I'd say...reconsider the tatooing. Of course pain would be an issue as well as changes in tastes down the road, but freckles are like a natural beauty trait...stick to the au natural. I'm sure they are beautiful just the way they are.

21-08-2004
windowshopping

thanx guys for replying.

When I bought that Lancome freckle pencil (sprinted to the dept store and bought it once I saw it advertised, sounds more appropriate though) The saleslady asked me, "why in the world would I buy one, when *she* tried everything she could to get rid of hers" I thought that was kinda funny, not good sales tactic I think...

I haven't me anyone who *likes* my freckles.. Everyone is like, you have perfect skin, now all you have to do is get rid of the freckles. I feel my face is just so blah without them.

i'll give it more thought

22-08-2004
fashion insider

22-08-2004
offline.

Am I the only one that finds this a little crazy? I always get freckles.. but I get them in the sun... I've always sort of hated them.. now I just don't give a damn... You might want to think twice before you permanently put something on your face...

25-08-2004
backstage pass

25-08-2004
etre soi-meme

believe it or not, i used to enchance my own freckles with light brown eye pencil while at school.. love freckles too much and they will always be uber cute

25-08-2004
trendsetter

At the ripe ol' age of 22, I got my first spattering (is that a real word?) of freckles....they're kinda cute...I guess....

I suggest looking into something more permanent than a pencil, and less so than tattooing (some kind of stain for the skin perhaps?)

25-08-2004
& b

Tattooing freckles on your face

It used to be hot a while ago, I remember, when the same ink women used to use to tattoo their eyebrows, it was also used to give themselves "monroes" or freckles, which I thought it was retarded, because once you make them, you have to be doing them until God knows when, because the ink starts fading into a greenish-bluish tone... so you are going to be doomed for a long time if you decide to get rid of them...you will be looking like the Hulk afterwards

About the pencil, I think it's cute, whatever, but down here if someone opts for doodling freckles on their face, with the weather, they will end up having all that stuff all over, and cause them to look like they got mini shoots all over their faces ....but hey, if the weather wherever you live is fresh, go for it

front row

I love freckles, but would have to see a picture first.

If they looked the least little bit unnatural... well... I'd take a pass.

25-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally posted by luna@Aug 22 2004, 10:25 AM
Am I the only one that finds this a little crazy?
[snapback]341688[/snapback]
hahaha...i was just thinking that when i got to your post...

adding a few freckles with a pencil is one thing...but tattooing your face?!?!?!?....i don't think so...

25-08-2004
Fierce Flava

Tattooing on the face is a scary thought.

I learned to finally accept mine...kinda unique since you dont see Asians with freckles...well I'm part but look more filipino than German thats for sure...

If you wanna enhance them with a pencil go ahead.

25-08-2004
tfs star

I have a freckles and I hate them, they aren't extremly noticable but in summer they get darker... I have no idea why you would want to exaggerate them. But good on you for embracing them and liking them there are too many people who have them and don't want them

25-08-2004
backstage pass

i LOVE freckles and i want to get them too!!!!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, freckles, tattooing