How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2010
fashion icon

Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

i have been wanting several tattoos since 2008 but never got around to it to get it done. i want to let it soak in and wait for a couple years and see if i still want it. of course there were one of two that i wanted but now i dont really want anymore. there is still one that i want though, to write 'year of the cat' on my arm like those script.

i was even thinking of getting a tiny little pencil tattoo on my hand somewhere because i love to draw. it is part of my life and i realize how miserable i can get without drawing, which was something i been doing since i can remember.

Last edited by classicalbang; 14-03-2010 at 06:38 AM.

16-03-2010
scenester

I just got my second tattoo done last Friday. I'm really in love with it. It's on my neck, kind of between my chin, my ear and my hairline. My dad (who doesn't really like tattoos) even said it looks like an earring - and it does! It's really ornate and pretty... <3

16-03-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I just got my second tattoo done last Friday. I'm really in love with it. It's on my neck, kind of between my chin, my ear and my hairline. My dad (who doesn't really like tattoos) even said it looks like an earring - and it does! It's really ornate and pretty... <3
You should post a picture. I really want a tattoo but I'm too indecisive about what to get. I'm stuck between a quote or my grandma's name (which serves as a pun).

V.I.P.

After getting my tattoos I totally get that people get addicted to doing it

V.I.P.

I got heart-shaped scars on my arm and i am thinking of getting a white-ink tattoo to "cover" them up. or at leat make them look a bit less self-harming. i am totally in love with that idea. i will keep it in mind of a while and maybe i´ll get it :p

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
After getting my tattoos I totally get that people get addicted to doing it
AGREED it’s the biggest adrenaline rush to!

V.I.P.

I already have 4 tattoos and I really want two more..hahaha I'm def addicted now.

V.I.P.

re_cycled @ livejournal

Last edited by Belowen; 24-03-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines | proper crediting procedures (no clickable links)
24-03-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

^ That is horrific.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know about any knockoffs of the Chanel Trompe L'Oeil temporary tattoos? I love them, but not enough to spend $75 on them.

24-03-2010
scenester

Wow that Alice in Wonderland tattoo is erm...well, big.

I have two tattoos (heart on my hip and my own design on the inside of my right forearm) and I'm massively addicted!! I wanna get a tattoo of like lace on my back, but I need to save up the money to get it first...

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myown View Post
wow I do admire the courage

scenester

i got my tattoo today! it runs down my hip down the side of my thigh. its latin script saying "nihil temendum est" it means fear nothing

26-03-2010
trendsetter

Dreaming of getting this as a tattoo:

derekkettela.com

windowshopping

for years now i've wanted to get a feather along the edge of the top of my foot and the last line of the poem of "the wasteland" ("shantih shantih shantih")in it's original hindi script. the feather doesn't have any major meaning to me, i just find them to be really beautiful. i've done research on what the word shantih (or shanti) means in reference to hindu religion and i really like the idea of it meaning peace (in t.s. eliots notes for the wasteland he says it means "the peace that passeth understanding", for one example) and being able to express the idea of peace without having a lame peace sign tattoo'ed on my body like 99% of the teenaged population think is cool. plus... i love love love literature, especially literature of the 1920's so. hahah. it would be even more awesome. only hesitating due to lack of funds and... not gonna lie, idk if having a religious line on display like that would offend followers of the faith in question. :/

28-03-2010
backstage pass

I don't ever plan on getting a tattoo, seeing as I'm such a believer in change, and always evolving, and thus, I sincerely doubt I'd ever want someone inked on me forever. Therefore I just stick with henna, which I love.

And while I'm often not even a fan of tattoos on others, sometimes I come across someone who has an especially amazing tattoo, hope you don't mind I share a couple here...

Love Justin Vernon's (aka Bon Iver) tattoo:

(Photo from mojo4music.com).

And I really like Devendra Banhart's tattoos, the two suns on his chest, and the red lines around his arms, I like how all his tattoos are symmetrical.

Here you can see the one he has on both his arms better:

(Photos by Neil Krug).

I mainly seem to be drawn to tattoos that are basic geometric type shapes or simple writing. I don't like tattoos to be overly large or gaudy and colorful, don't know, just looks tacky to me. Subtlety is key.

Tags
#2, tattoos