How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2005
fashion insider

Which of these two fragrances should I choose?
I got a $50 gift card for Target this Christmas, and the only thing that I would want to buy there at the moment is a fragrance....I looked at the Fragrance Department and I was highly disappointed...the only two decent choices are Givenchy Pi and Dior Fahrenheit, but I cannot sample them, for those of you who have tried them, which should I choose?

Givenchy Pi

-or-

Dior Fahrenheit

Thx,
Arturo

16-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

If you're not certain why not just hold on to the gift certificate til something you really want comes along..?

Fragrances are different on different people..I think its quiet a gamble relying on others opinions of fragrances..go with your own gut !

pinterest : hanneonpin
17-01-2005
fashion insider

Yes, that is very true.

Actually, I have tried Givenchy Pi, it has a very sweet, warm scent. I bought a miniature version a long time ago and I really loved it, but I don't know if it suits me as well. Well, anyway, I don't have the problem anymore, as at Target they sell them so, so, so cheap ($20's, etc) that I think I can get both with the gift card. Thx, Hanne

Last edited by Arturo21; 17-01-2005 at 11:00 AM.
17-01-2005
blue

This is what I got from the sephora website.
Why dont you compare the notes of these two and some fragrances that you already like and see if they have anything in common?

Quote:
Pi

An alternative to the citrus scents of the 90's, Pi is a celebration of what makes a man seductive - his intelligence, courage, and contributions. Pi is more than a name, it's a symbol. The masculine bottle, designed by Serge Manseau, has a hi-tech closure system and plays on the contrast between pure lines and perfect proportion. Notes:
Basil, Pine Needle, Infinium.
Style:
An intense and sensual fragrance.

Fahrenheit

A resolutely contemporary fragrance characterized by a meeting of extremes. Fresh, elegant notes blend in perfect harmony with bolder, more virile overtones to create a scent that is warm, subtle, and distinguished. Notes:
Hawthorn, Sandalwood.
Style:
Hot, cool and everything in between for the contemporary man.

18-01-2005
fashion insider

Thx, you two

Well, I went yesterday and I bought Fahrenheit, I love how it smells, although at first it has a sort of "rubbery" smell, but otherwise it's really pleasing..I'm glad I chose it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choose, fragrances