How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2010
windowshopping

Do what makes you happy. Often it doesn't infringe on anyone else's happiness.

And listen to good music.

26-02-2010
windowshopping

I'm 41 but look in my 20's. what have I done? I've exercised religiously lifting weights for 22 years, I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, I've used estee lauder eyezone and advanced night repair since I was 19, I don't have wrinkles. I take my make-up off as soon as I get home if I even wear it. I suggest, don't even wear make-up at all if you don't need it. This society is way too vain(the young people). Young people have beautiful skin and if you don't need it, don't wear it. Less is more when it comes to hair and skin. Leave them alone. If you have acne, see a dermatologist, don't mess with over the counter, they don't work. I have also used retain-a for 22 years. Don't color your hair until you need to, ie. when and if you get grey hair. Enjoy your natural hair color. Get a hair cut that suits your hair. AND NEVER take lsd/acid. It can cause acne and other imbalances. Don't do drugs. I believe they have long term effects on the bodys coping mechanisms that at first you might not notice but as you age, it's harder to deal with stress. DO NOT on any terms have a facial. The extractor they use to unclog your pores can scar your skin. Like i said, if you have acne, see a dermatologist. There are CURES to acne. And sleep. Get a good nights sleep. Agree about ridding yourself of negative people. Aromatherapy and don't be afraid to spend time alone, get to know yourself and soul search. Be yourself and don't follow trends, trends come and go and are such a waste of money. Buy classics. You can find classic pieces of clothing that are modern and updated that don't cost a fortune that will stay in style years. I am so sick of this throw away culture, when something isn't in, it gets thrown away. And I drink tons of water, no soda. My only cavet is coffee. If you don't drink it, don't start. I also brush my teeth twice a day and rinse with listerine, no cavities. Don't wear heels, you'll damage your feet, bunions etc. Would you rather be able to walk or look hot for a couple years? Get back to nature, get a pet, get outside, breathe the air, grow some flowers/plants etc. Be good to yourself but also think of others. This world doesn't revolve around you. Give and help when you can. Everything comes back to you!

Last edited by peacelily; 26-02-2010 at 06:23 PM.
26-02-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelily View Post
I'm 41 but look in my 20's. what have I done? I've exercised religiously lifting weights for 22 years, I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, I've used estee lauder eyezone and advanced night repair since I was 19, I don't have wrinkles. I take my make-up off as soon as I get home if I even wear it. I suggest, don't even wear make-up at all if you don't need it. This society is way too vain(the young people). Young people have beautiful skin and if you don't need it, don't wear it. Less is more when it comes to hair and skin. Leave them alone. If you have acne, see a dermatologist, don't mess with over the counter, they don't work. I have also used retain-a for 22 years. Don't color your hair until you need to, ie. when and if you get grey hair. Enjoy your natural hair color. Get a hair cut that suits your hair. AND NEVER take lsd/acid. It can cause acne and other imbalances. Don't do drugs. I believe they have long term effects on the bodys coping mechanisms that at first you might not notice but as you age, it's harder to deal with stress. DO NOT on any terms have a facial. The extractor they use to unclog your pores can scar your skin. Like i said, if you have acne, see a dermatologist. There are CURES to acne. And sleep. Get a good nights sleep. Agree about ridding yourself of negative people. Aromatherapy and don't be afraid to spend time alone, get to know yourself and soul search. Be yourself and don't follow trends, trends come and go and are such a waste of money. Buy classics. You can find classic pieces of clothing that are modern and updated that don't cost a fortune that will stay in style years. I am so sick of this throw away culture, when something isn't in, it gets thrown away. And I drink tons of water, no soda. My only cavet is coffee. If you don't drink it, don't start. I also brush my teeth twice a day and rinse with listerine, no cavities. Don't wear heels, you'll damage your feet, bunions etc. Would you rather be able to walk or look hot for a couple years? Get back to nature, get a pet, get outside, breathe the air, grow some flowers/plants etc. Be good to yourself but also think of others. This world doesn't revolve around you. Give and help when you can. Everything comes back to you!
sorry wanted to add, as far as trends go, find what works for you, don't be a fashion victim. and like everyone else has mentioned, stay out of the sun at all costs. Wear sunscreen and sunglasses. I'm pale as a ghost, and I love it. I hate the tanned look.

26-02-2010
scenester

my grandmother is 67 and her skin GLOWS...even tone, barely a wrinkle in sight. she swears by eating and using organic products as much as possible...washes her face with a very mild cleanser and uses aloe vera to moisturize. no makeup. always uses sunscreen. she is a yoga instructor and meditates every day and walks her dogs... just keeps her life incredibly simple! she has the most amazing skin i have ever seen

27-02-2010
front row

Don't drink too much. It will show on your face and figure, faster than you think. Don't smoke, or at least cut down on the amount you smoke if you can't stay away from the cigarettes.

Also, try getting a healthy mix of foods- less fried/ready-packaged stuff and more fresh fruit/vegetables- into your diet, and a good night's sleep whenever you can (I know it's tough for young people sometimes, but at least 6 hours is an absolute necessity).

27-02-2010
scenester

just read my post in the skincare thread- its all about what everyone thinks they're doing right that they're doing wrong.

yes

find long term happiness, i think that is something everybody should aim towards

02-03-2010
you set the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla_ View Post
Don't drink too much. It will show on your face and figure, faster than you think.
YES. People ignore that drinking isn't great for them, but damn, if nothing else it really takes a toll on the skin.

07-03-2010
windowshopping

This is such fantastic thread!!

tfs star

If you ever become diabetic, follow the diet you're supposed to be following. My mother's cousin is in the worst state from not doing what she was supposed to be doing and now I don't even think she can get the kidney transplant she could have had and she can't even swallow food easily. Her organs aren't functioning very well anymore. That could have been avoided with a healthier diet and some exercise. Do those things even if you might never become diabetic or are even at risk for it.

01-04-2010
®

This may sound too religious fanatic but it's really simple

Be Honest
Work Hard
Give God what is due Him.

place your body here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeFrancoise View Post
If you ever become diabetic, follow the diet you're supposed to be following. My mother's cousin is in the worst state from not doing what she was supposed to be doing and now I don't even think she can get the kidney transplant she could have had and she can't even swallow food easily. Her organs aren't functioning very well anymore. That could have been avoided with a healthier diet and some exercise. Do those things even if you might never become diabetic or are even at risk for it.
My dad and aunt are diabetic and I am soooo afraid that I will get it I really need to stop eating sugar and need get tested to make sure I don't have it. But, I agree with everything that you said, the consequences can be so severe if you don't take care of yourself.

windowshopping

Don't gossip: it's fun (I know) but you will establish yourself as someone that people can't trust with their secrets. And on a related note, don't share your secrets with people who gossip! You may think that they love you and would only gossip about other people but chances are if they are talking behind other people's backs they are talking behind yours as well. If you spend too much time with these people you will start getting paranoid - don't do it.

Also, learn another language and don't give up on it. I took Spanish from middle school through college and was pretty good, I wish I had continued. Although now I'm more interested in taking French

05-04-2010
you set the scene

Make exercise a part of your life. It doesn't have to be anything super hardcore that requires a ton of equipment and money... my regimen just consists of walking my dog at night on the bike trail by my house. But it can transform you. And if you aren't too unrealistic about it, like expecting to work out for an hour every day without fail, it isn't a burden at all-- it just feels good.

05-04-2010
front row

It's the things you don't do that you regret, not the things you've done.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
avoid, life, person, problems, things, thread