How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2007
you set the scene

I love this thread! I guess my advice to others is to pay attention to what you eat. Being too thin is just as bad for you as being too heavy, so don't waste your time believing that thin equals beautiful and worthy. It doesn't. Instead, focus on eating for wellness and happiness.

15-04-2007
V.I.P.

Start a habit of leaving the house before you're already late.

15-04-2007
windowshopping

Everyone has posted the best advice:
-Moisturise everywhere, everyday. Especially your neck
-Use sunscreen
-Use gloves if you wash dishes or have hands in soaps and moisturise afterwards

Stress ages you and increases your chance of heart attacks/skin conditions ect ect. It's true! So I offer one of my favourite quotes:

Regrets aren't what you have done but what you haven't

Other than being the moisturisation police, I say: know yourself and make yourself happy because when you get older you find yourself lower and lower on the priority list. (It's not as terrible as it sounds)

15-04-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couture_Tribe
My grandpa is suffering with heavy arthritis, and my mom has some mild arthritis at this age, so I really want to hear some explanations please? Why not dairy products and bread? Why no heavy food as early as 4pm?
That's so true about the dairy. I notice I tend to be more likely to have bursitis flare-ups if I've eaten a lot of dairy. It can exacerbate inflammation in some people.

I wish I would stop sleeping on my stomach. I'm doing no favors to my back and neck besides wrinkling my face, neck and chest.

15-04-2007
|/mirror queen\|

Don´t work, it will make you look old, sad and maybe depressed.

Really, everyone should try to be as healthy as they can, but don´t be obsessed about it and cross that line (smoothly) everyday to keep yourself sane.

Remember, some people have lung cancer and they have never smoked...

Last edited by sofialuv; 15-04-2007 at 09:51 AM.
15-04-2007
Press escape to continue.

My tricks? Bathing daily, drinking lots of water, moisturize a lot, avoid the sun particularly between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., no smoking/drugs/alcohol, and walking. Meditate!

I hear separate bedrooms are a healthy concept for long-term relationships. People grow old more gracefully if they are in a relationship.

Learn to do things that are physically and spiritually healthy while you are young that you will not have to give up when you are old - like gardening.

fashion elite

Sunscreen Sunscreen Sunscreen.
Im sure most of this has been mentioned but.
Sunglasses are great, you dont want terrible crows feet do you? It will help a lot trust me.
I have friends who are 19-23 who dont smoke and have deep crows feet already because they dont wear sunglasses ever. Im one of the few who havent started getting wrinkles in that area.
Its one of the easiest things you could do to keep yourself from looking older.

scenester

Know that you're beautiful. You will look back at pictures of yourself later and realize how good you actually looked.

Oh, and if you smoke, quit.

15-04-2007
Bel
front row

Don't apply to 15 colleges.

04-05-2007
turn and face the strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracey
Know that you're beautiful. You will look back at pictures of yourself later and realize how good you actually looked.
So true!

Cut down on saturated fats, eat foods that are close to their natural states..

Stay active, even if just walking..

Appreciate things around you..

Spend time with people that make you happy

04-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel
Don't apply to 15 colleges.
no no no!!!
do do do!!!
i only applied to 4, because i got into my early admit school, and after i visited them i didn't really want to go to any of them and i wished i had applied to more because it was really depressing

04-05-2007
turn and face the strange

^ Yes, apply to many! It's hard work but it makes sense.

04-05-2007
V.I.P.

and if you don't want to apply to a lot....
VISIT THE SCHOOL YOU DO APPLY TO BEFOREHAND!!!!! especially the dorms and food areas...
just think about it, you're going to be living there and eating their food...

05-05-2007
rising star

Try your best to be rational [although lapses are ok at times]. Not a strict rule I set to myself, but I try hard to think through my decisions before making them. I'm striving to live my life without any regrets. Apart from that, agree with everyone. Sunscreen. Moderate exercize. Sleep early. Dont stress too much. Spent some time to yourself!! Always take time to have a laugh. etc That said, I dont exactly follow all these rules....

06-05-2007
V.I.P.

Try to find a positive outlook on life, it will help you with years to come as there will be, without any doubt, difficult times. It is also known that depression/pessimistic thinking is not good for your physical health, your heart for example.

Try to have something to do with your brain, something that is a little bit difficult and your really have to think. If you keep your brain active that way, your risk of getting Alzheimer's disease is lower.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
avoid, life, person, problems, things, thread