How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Try to find a positive outlook on life, it will help you with years to come as there will be, without any doubt, difficult times. It is also known that depression/pessimistic thinking is not good for your physical health, your heart for example.

Try to have something to do with your brain, something that is a little bit difficult and your really have to think. If you keep your brain active that way, your risk of getting Alzheimer's disease is lower.
and liver!

06-05-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
Start a habit of leaving the house before you're already late.
lol this is a problem I have! How many days to break/make a new habit? I cant tell you the number of trains I have missed!

Wearing sunscreen and checking your skin for irregularities (skin cancers, sun spots etc) - this really matters. My parents both hve had stuff cut out/burned off in their 40s. Its scary, so take good care to check your skin and look after it now!

07-05-2007
V.I.P.

Even if you are young and have perfect skin, start taking care of it now. Don't wait for the problems to appear. Clear, beautiful skin is a blessing, so take good care of it for your whole life.

Now when summer is coming in this side of the globe, don't forget to wear sunscreen. I agree with what Bebe_86 said. Don't bake yourself in the sun, it will (in the least case) make you wrinkly, and in the worst give you skin cancer. If you want a tan, go for tanning lotions than lying on the beach for five hours/day.

fashion icon

Right a really stupid question but when they say body brush towards the heart, does that just mean upwards or upwards and diagonally or soething else completely?

07-05-2007
you set the scene

^Basically you just brush in a circular motion from the furthest point of your limbs up (wrist to shoulder, feet to hip). As for your stomach and back, start at a middle point on your back (like along your spine) and work around toward your stomach. And for the chest, you're supposed to do a 'figure 8' around your breasts; obviously you don't want to brush them.

But honestly, I'd be willing to bet that all of it is crap. No matter which elaborate pattern you choose to use when you brush, you'll be helping your circulation and exfoliating your skin. IMO there's no need whatsoever to worry over brushing towards the heart. I think that just helps to make it sound more...solidly scientific I guess.

07-05-2007
fashion icon

^Thanks! I was starting to worry that if I brushed the wrong way something terrible would happen to my skin!

07-05-2007
elementary.

use natural oils (coconut, kukui nut, olive) to moisturise. so much more nourishing
body brush everyday for 15 mins
lukewarm showers, NEVER hot!
use a sunscreen with mexoryl {blocks both UVA & UVB} one from la roche posay if poss.
facial massage every night for supple, smooth skin
& the two cliches; drink water & exercise!
sounds boring but that's the only way ;]

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 11-05-2007 at 01:31 PM.
11-05-2007
fashion elite

Always laugh at life because it is a piss, and always stay caffeinated.

11-05-2007
& b

dont have sex!!!

V.I.P.

^don't take sex too seriously...

11-05-2007
V.I.P.

talking bad about people even if it is true is not good...

11-05-2007
V.I.P.

Advice I'm currently taking: take calcium supplements if you don't get enough calcium each day (thanks to my mum for that advice )

doldrums

Great tips so far .

12-05-2007
Press escape to continue.

Anytime the skin is invigorated in any direction, it's a good thing Rub away! Seriously, I think it's massage not exfoliation where moving toward the heart is adviseable.

windowshopping

1. If you are even faintly interested in a college, APPLY! 3 hours of working on an application is worth not having to think 'what if?' for the rest of your life.
2. Invest in shoes that look good AND are comfortable. It's not worth it to buy cheap, pretty shoes that you can only wear once
3. Don't wash your hair everyday, the natural oils on your scalp are better for your hair than the most expensive hair products.
4. Don't lose touch with your old friends because they're the ones who knew you when you were still pimply-faced and awkward and loved you anyways.

Last edited by Darcy10; 13-05-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
avoid, life, person, problems, things, thread