How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-12-2007
rising star

yeah, for me the upper lip kills.. but it's done w/ pretty quickly and the person is usually sympathetic (lol the lady who does mine gives me tissues afterwards)
my experience might be different from yours though, because my skin is supersensitive..so it might not be that painful for everyone

17-12-2007
fashion elite

but i havent' got too much hair so it may not be that bad..i might give it a go next time

not sure if anybody else experiences this, but when i'm getting my eyebrown done, even with my eyes closed my eyes get very sensitive to the light, the lady who does mine has a fluro light above the bed that i have to lie on, and sometimes it feels like my eyes are open light is shining right in my eyes..not painful...hmm..kind of hard to explain..lol

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tata* View Post
wow..i didnt; think they'd actually have a thread on threading..but i shoudl have known better..it is tFS!!!

well i went and got my eyebrows threaded over the weekend....and i'm just absolutely thrilled with the results. it was sa little sore..but not much more than if i haven't plucked my eyebrows in a while......
the lady who did it shaped my eyebrows perfectly..it amazed me how they get the lines so precise...i'm definitly a fan and will be going back to do my brows again....
Hi, where do you get your eyebrows threaded? I've been to roop rani in the CBD a few times.

18-12-2007
backstage pass

How much does it cost to get your eyebrows threaded?

18-12-2007
fashion elite

*Truffaut* I go with a friend, she takes me to a lovely Egyptian lady's house (she has a salon in her home) she lives in Narre Warren somewhere, but she also works at a Hair Salon on Dandenong Plaza that does threading and other beauty services too..i'm assuming you live in Melbourne too??

and It costs me $5 (Australian $$ that is)

backstage pass

Anywhere I've been for any type of hair removal in the past couple of years seem to stray away from waxing for one reason or another. It's not the end of the world but if you're talking about eyebrows the threading is definitely worth the pain in the chair. You can't do this yourself, just call up local salons where you'd get your brows waxed and make sure they can do threading. It's more precise and better for you than waxing and probably even plucking.

V.I.P.

i think threading is less painful than waxing or plucking...

my eyes also water like crazy whenever i am getting anything done...

i feel that a lot of places try to push waxing on people as it is quicker and they can get you out the door faster...

02-01-2008
front row

Threading if done by a very good professional honestly should not hurt as much. When I was in London I got threading done all the time since there were many threading places my cousin knew of. It was convinent for me since the girls did it in a way in which I didn't feel much pain.
Over here in D.C there's hardly any good thead places around so i just stick to waxing. I found a couple near my house but none are as good so I don't waste my time and pain going to them.
Some advice would be to look around and find a good threader. People have different techniques and some are quicker than others, and some cause less pain than others.
And just like waxing, you get used to it.

I also find that threading looks a bit more natural then the "just waxed" look where's there's red swollen skin and your skin looks very tight.

03-01-2008
V.I.P.

i think threading ends up looking a lot more natual than waxing.

i also keep getting burned by my waxers even though they *say* they are letting the wax cool...

21-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeautiful View Post
Threading if done by a very good professional honestly should not hurt as much. When I was in London I got threading done all the time since there were many threading places my cousin knew of. It was convinent for me since the girls did it in a way in which I didn't feel much pain.
Over here in D.C there's hardly any good thead places around so i just stick to waxing. I found a couple near my house but none are as good so I don't waste my time and pain going to them.
Some advice would be to look around and find a good threader. People have different techniques and some are quicker than others, and some cause less pain than others.
And just like waxing, you get used to it.

I also find that threading looks a bit more natural then the "just waxed" look where's there's red swollen skin and your skin looks very tight.
Have you tried Threadz on U St?

I finally was brave enough to thread my upper lip. I had concerns about bumps, how would the hair regrow etc b/c of ppl I've seen who tried various facial hair removal techniques.
I love the look and for me it actually doesn't grow back too quickly, I go once a month. But I will say its painful...not unbearable but my eyes definitely water and my hands are clenched throughout, and this is from a girl who has a navel piercing, cartilige and tragus piercings. I'm not overly sensitive but neither am I an android.
It hurts a bit but the results are so worth it.
If you are undecided research find a good threader and DO IT you will LOVE IT

21-06-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by |BellaDonna| View Post
Have you tried Threadz on U St?

I finally was brave enough to thread my upper lip. I had concerns about bumps, how would the hair regrow etc b/c of ppl I've seen who tried various facial hair removal techniques.
I love the look and for me it actually doesn't grow back too quickly, I go once a month. But I will say its painful...not unbearable but my eyes definitely water and my hands are clenched throughout, and this is from a girl who has a navel piercing, cartilige and tragus piercings. I'm not overly sensitive but neither am I an android.
It hurts a bit but the results are so worth it.
If you are undecided research find a good threader and DO IT you will LOVE IT
I love Threads on U, St. But I must say the best threader is Sonya, the owner. I only go to her. I have had the other girls do it and I end up in getting cut or my eyebrows are obviously "off" looking. To me, its hurts less than waxing.

21-06-2008
windowshopping

I've threaded just about everywhere on my face. My mom usually does it for me since she's been doing it since she was a teenager in Vietnam. I live in an area full of Asian salons, so I have plenty of places to go to. I used to be scared since it hurt a bit, but now it's just a little sting, like a shot.

31-08-2008
scenester

I've had my upper cheeks threaded the other day for the first time and I was IN LOOVE with the results. Now theyve got these spots from when the hair is growing back it really saddens me my horomones are crazy

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacenPout View Post
I've had my upper cheeks threaded the other day for the first time and I was IN LOOVE with the results. Now theyve got these spots from when the hair is growing back it really saddens me my horomones are crazy
hmmm sorry to hear that maybe you needed like a soothing oil or rub ?
I'm not sure what to recommend to help, hopefully another tFSer can help

01-09-2008
front row

Treading is so much faster than waxing! and CHEAP. Haha, mine literally took less than 5 minutes and was $8. I went to this place on Broadway and 40th (in NY) and they were very good. Very painless, too! I'm definitely going back

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
threading