How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2008
scenester

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacenPout
I've had my upper cheeks threaded the other day for the first time and I was IN LOOVE with the results. Now theyve got these spots from when the hair is growing back it really saddens me my horomones are crazy

hmmm sorry to hear that maybe you needed like a soothing oil or rub ?
I'm not sure what to recommend to help, hopefully another tFSer can help
thanks for sympathizing hehe. Theyre kinda fading away now but u know how annoying spots can be. I guess I did need some aloe vera or something. I have oily skin too which is probably why

03-09-2008
tfs star

Not cheap in London!! I paid 17£ (maybe because the place was inside selfridges ?!)
But now I'm hooked! the result is amazing! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any threading salon in Milan

fashion insider

I would love to try threading but I don't know any places where they do it. I have a pretty high pain threshold, so that wouldn't be a problem. And I would love to get all the facial hair away, hehe. Especially "my mustache". Oh though not the eyebrows. How long does it last?

05-09-2008
little soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal87 View Post
Not cheap in London!! I paid 17£ (maybe because the place was inside selfridges ?!)
But now I'm hooked! the result is amazing! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any threading salon in Milan
Yeah! Blink bar is £17 and Glow is £14...so pricewise waxing is cheaper at £9-11. I also prefer the experience of waxing, for some reason all threading places here are in the middle of department stores. I have sensitive skin so I'm always very red and I like a few minutes to relax and fix my makeup after I'm done instead of being gawped at by strangers I do however like the precision of threading, and my threader paid a lot of attention to shape. Since I have very stubborn hair follicles, it was quite painful and comparative to waxing, so waxing is better for me because it's much quicker. I'd use threading to get a great shape but waxing for upkeep

fashion insider

I found a place where they do threading in DK. Around £35 for the whole face!

07-09-2008
scenester

Threading should be alot cheaper lol. I think for some of you who only need minor areas threaded like upper lips or chin hairs removed, you should just try and learn to do it by yourself.

rock-chic

I got my eyebrows threaded today and am really pleased with the result. I was expecting it to sting, but was far less painful than plucking or waxing. It looked a bit red after, but she put some aloe vera gel on and the redness went in a very short while. I am definitely going to stick with threading, and the place I went gives you every 5th session free. It normally costs £10.00. (cheaper than waxing)

tfs star

any place in NY?

front row

i bet there are a thousand places in NY! try Yelp for locations and detailed reviews

i've done my own threading for at least a couple years and i still suck at it. there are tutorials online if you think you'll do better than me
except the look of threaded brows is so distinctive and unnatural (though beautiful) that i expect it to become somewhat passe in years to come, much like long eighties nails, or the t-shirt/blazer combo.

16-07-2010
In Bloom

I think threading is pretty easy...anyone can do it if I can

we were in love

24-07-2010
backstage pass

I'm tempted to try it now but after going shopping with my mum when she got hers done her eyebrows look so red and she looked odd all day haha!

26-07-2010
windowshopping

I thread my upper lip myself, haha. I have a pretty high pain threshold, but some areas (like right under my nose) make my eyes water a little. I'm in love with the results, though!

29-04-2012
trendsetter

I get my upper lip and eyebrows threaded because I'm super allergic to the wax used. My question is though, I have little spots on my upper lip now so how do I get rid of them? Is there anything I should do after my upper lip is threaded? I usually put Vaseline with Aloe Vera on it but it's still not helped with my upper lip breaking out.

Last edited by ladygodiva; 29-04-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
threading