How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2008
backstage pass

^ You don't have to, but if you want glowing skin (my skin, literally glows according to random strangers.), drink it. =) I'm not saying it's for everyone, but works for me. You pee most of it out though and for me, I feel like it clears out my body. But I used to go to a catholic HS who didn't believe in AC (because we paid so much that they just wanted to be greedy ) and I would literally go through about 6 of those deer park waterbottles in less than 4 hours. And most of the time, not even pee a lot though, because my body needed it. Now, I'm just so used to it and it makes my skin glow and look moisten.

Last edited by L0VE; 28-02-2008 at 09:36 AM.

28-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
I hate to contradict you, L0VE but...

Hot water will dry out your skin, so do make sure to apply lotion while the skin is still damp. You'll retain the moisture better than if you dried yourself off right away.

EVERYDAY. My mother used to work as a dental assitant, and doing it two or three times a week is NOT enough.

If you're talking about apricot scrubs, those should be used as infrequently as possible because they are so harsh, depending on your skin type. Two to three times a week should be good enough.
Ok, =) lol but I must have super skin because I take such hot baths that my skin turns red, but I have some very soft skin and I don't ever put lotion on my body or hands . It's like a sauna in my bathroom . I'll change it to just baths. Because I've heard this from other people.

28-02-2008
backstage pass

L0VE - I was not trying to say that I don't want to drink water, or that the correct amount of water will not benefit people. I was trying to get the message across that people should find out what is the correct amount for them as an individual (and also to see if anyone had any more info on that). i.e. 8 glasses is not going to be the ideal amount for both a 95lb and a 300lb person. We drink water to replace that 80% (or so, I am not sure) that is in our bodies. Clearly, 80% of 95lb and 80% of 300lb is not going to give you the same amount of water.

So what works for you won't work for me unless we're identical in weight, diet, the amount we sweat, how much exercise we get and the climate we live in (all things that affect the daily water intake needed).

Last edited by Eurasian Mélange; 28-02-2008 at 02:48 PM.
28-02-2008
backstage pass

I get what you were/are saying =).

29-02-2008
backstage pass

I agree with the salmon, especially salmon stakes they taste so good and truely are a beauty/general health food.

I think exfoliating daily is ok with a gentle scrub ie; Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or a facial brush.

In regards to water I have no idea how much I drink (I drink ALOT) but as if I drink out of a bottle as opposed to a glass I go the toilet less.

oh! darling

Salmon in moderation! We don't want anyone dying from a mercury overdose!

I heard that too much water is bad. The process of what water does in the kidneys is quite complicated but when your pee is MEGA clear -looks exactly like water- that's no bueno. It should have a slight yellow tint to it.

(Arrgh! I wish I could remember why it's bad.)

backstage pass

^ aka waterd down lemonade =). Lol

Another thing I do (and my mom did this for my juice as a tot) is water all types of juice down. I like to do 1/2 juice, 1/2 water or 3/4 water, 1/4 juice.

Last edited by L0VE; 29-02-2008 at 02:05 PM.
29-02-2008
tfs star

It's true that you can have too much water. I don't know how many people are actually in danger of literally drowning themselves though but it's terrible for a person because you end up with an imbalance of water and electrolytes.

29-02-2008
backstage pass

^ I heard that's only in severe cases when someone drinks a couple gallons in less than an hour. Or someone can not relieve it out. The water can go on the brain but most people can't even do that and would know that they can not tollerate it.

29-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
I heard that too much water is bad. The process of what water does in the kidneys is quite complicated but when your pee is MEGA clear -looks exactly like water- that's no bueno. It should have a slight yellow tint to it.
That is what I have also been told by my doctor and when I drink 8 glasses a day it does look just like water.

L0VE is right about it only being fatal when you drink a lot within an hour or so and don't go to the toilet. However, there has been a recent discovery that drinking too much daily can damage your kidneys (though most of these people seem to be drinking 12 glasses a day and up):

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...e-293b772666e5

29-02-2008
tfs star

I just read the article from that link and they must have drinking even more than 14 glasses a day.

29-02-2008
oh! darling

Did everyone hear about the woman that drowned herself to death?

She drank 2 gallons at once (to win a Wii) and it poisoned her. The DJs laughed it off even when a nurse called the radio station to say it was a bad idea.

But I don't know of people who would drink that much water. The woman was probably trying to keep it down so she wouldn't lose, but any "normal" person would probably throw up.

tfs star

I heard of that. It was a ridiculous and terrible idea for a contest and they should have made sure to be aware of what drinking that much can do to a person before doing a contest like that.

29-02-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Salmon in moderation! We don't want anyone dying from a mercury overdose!

(Arrgh! I wish I could remember why it's bad.)
It might have something to do with the fact that certain vitamins are water soluble and therefore after the body absorbs what it needs the excess is flushed out in urine. So maybe if you urinate a lot, enough of the vitamins won't stay in your body? That's based on fact but is partially a guess.

01-03-2008
backstage pass

^ You only relieve the pill form of vitamins not the kind found in food. =) (I'm pretty sure.) Because most of the time the pill forms just flush right through and don't do much. But the food has to digest and go through a process. Unlike other pills, I don't think the vitamin ones go into the blood stream, so they wouldn't have to go through the process. That's why vitamins in a pill form are easily just flushed through your body. That's why I'd rather just eat well.

Last edited by L0VE; 01-03-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, health, tips