How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2008
backstage pass

I know a lot of people who want to improve their health decide to take supplements, so I thought some of you would be interested in reading this article:

Vitamin E Linked to Lung Cancer

Nearly everything causes cancer these days.

01-03-2008
tfs star

It says that high doses can do the opposite of what an anti oxidant does and too much vitamin E is bad anyway because since it's a fat soluble vitamin it stays in the body more than a water soluble vitamin would which makes toxicity from it more likely. Any nutrient taken in excess can be bad. When I was a baby I ended up turning yellow because my mother gave more a lot of carrot baby food since that's pretty much all I wanted to eat and she wanted to make sure I actually did eat something. The doctor had her give me green veggies to turn me back to normal. That was probably from too much vitamin A.

Last edited by ChloeFrancoise; 01-03-2008 at 04:20 PM.
02-03-2008
front row

shouldnt you put deodorant after taking a bath?

02-03-2008
backstage pass

^ I heard you should wait a bit, because of the moisture. There's this brand called certain dri (if you already didn't know?) and it tells you to apply before going to bed. This blocks the pores from opening and causing sweat to come out. I do this all the time and could seriously sit in a sauna with a sweater on and have nothing come out =).

02-03-2008
backstage pass

^ I know right? (about the cancer comment) that's why I refuse to drink the water in Jersey (I live right next to it) because my mom's cousin was 9 when her got cancer and I've heard of stories of kids getting cancer at a high rate in Jersey (if you've ever been near the shores there, the water smells so bad.) But I think like this, if you take care of yourself and keep active you'll be at a light risk for cancer. Not 100% but possibly. I mean people say they smoke because they will get cancer some how, well a friend of mine from high school had her b/f's friend get cancer at 22 from smoking, that's just too young and a good reason to quit =).

02-03-2008
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

In speaking about cancer... The best way to shield from it is to:

a. eat healthfully (!!! so impoartant!)

and

b. work out

Another thing that may effect your risk is your attitude toward life, for example.

02-03-2008
backstage pass

^ Exactly . A possitive outlook, on life, will do you good. Negative people tend to age faster I noticed because they are grumpy all the time and tend to just not care.

02-03-2008
trendsetter

^Actually, all this doesn't help if you are genetically predisposed.
My Mom is the best example

02-03-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0VE View Post
I mean people say they smoke because they will get cancer some how, well a friend of mine from high school had her b/f's friend get cancer at 22 from smoking, that's just too young and a good reason to quit =).
It's also a good reason to avoid people who do smoke because passive smoking affects you much worse than actually smoking yourself. My friend already had a smoker's cough at 18/19 because her parents smoked so much.

02-03-2008
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
That is what I have also been told by my doctor and when I drink 8 glasses a day it does look just like water.

L0VE is right about it only being fatal when you drink a lot within an hour or so and don't go to the toilet. However, there has been a recent discovery that drinking too much daily can damage your kidneys (though most of these people seem to be drinking 12 glasses a day and up):

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...e-293b772666e5
This is so true. I know, I've had a kidney removed, and the other one ain't doing too well. My kidney doc says that I should drink 1-1.5 litres a day as you actually get 1 litre of water from the food you eat. But it also depends on how much you sweat, I should drink more in the summer or when I work out.

I know, mine looks like water too...but only if I drink a lot of water within 4-5 hours. If you drink just a bit of water throughout the day, then it should be slightly yellow-ish. I tend to drink a lot of water around noon, and then not much for the rest of the day.

we were in love

02-03-2008
backstage pass

^ Do you mind me asking how much you drank?

02-03-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurette View Post
^Actually, all this doesn't help if you are genetically predisposed.
My Mom is the best example
I'm so sorry to hear that! I have cancer on both sides, but don't live my life doing crazy things because I might get it, that's what I was trying to say . Even when you go through stuff, a possitive outlook will help you through better than a grumpy one.

02-03-2008
In Bloom

Quote:
^ Do you mind me asking how much you drank?
Before my kidney was removed? 1-1.5 litres pr day, but it had nothing to do with that I was born with a dysfunctional kidney.

we were in love

03-03-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that! I have cancer on both sides, but don't live my life doing crazy things because I might get it, that's what I was trying to say . Even when you go through stuff, a possitive outlook will help you through better than a grumpy one.
Oh, I was referring to Erin, not to you. I guess we posted at the same time
Definitely agree that a positive attitude is very helpful!

04-03-2008
backstage pass

Salmon is known to relieve stress and have a calming effect .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, health, tips