How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2005
windowshopping

While we're on the subject, do "ditch" type scars ever go away? I have a few small ones, look kinda like they're from chicken pox except I've never had it. How do I conceal these and/or make the skin come back up?

30-08-2005
scenester

I would recommend the mac select cover-up (comes in a sqeezable tube) just cause it's so easy to apply and it covers my scars pretty well

backstage pass

Since you're a fella you probably don't want a heavy make-up look. Try Physicians Formula Pearls of Perfection in translucent. It evens out the skin tone with a made up look. I don't know how dark the marks are so it might cover everything but it will look natural.

04-09-2005
front row

"Rose Hip Oil contains 80% essential fatty acids to aid the repair and regeneration of damaged skin tissue and the powerful antioxidants beta carotene and lycopene to protect the skin against the damaging effects of free radicals on the skin. Rose Hip Oil has a super-fine consistency, making it the perfect facial oil - absorbing quickly, instantly hydrating the skin while allowing it to breathe naturally. Replenishes dull or tired skin, helps repair damaged skin, may reduce the visible signs of ageing such as wrinkles and pigmentation. Rose Hip Oil may also help heal scarring associated with acne, surgery and minor burns and relieve symptoms of eczema and dermatitis."

http://www.trilogyproducts.com/

http://www.coventgardenlife.com/rosehip/default.htm

04-09-2005
fashion icon

Try s product called bio-oil - its about $14 from supermarkets and you rub it on your face at night and it seriously reducing scarring! It is great! Made so much difference! I really hope it works for you.

15-09-2005
front row

hey u guys! anyone tried this product called "sheer cover"? i saw it on a paid tv commericial last at nyte..it's mineral makeup powder..and supposedly deflects light to not show yr imperfections to give flawless skin.. anyone tried it or hav any comments?

http://www.sheercover.com/?TS_uid=P6...3ktOETLN6jhH7g&

this is the link for anyone interested..

15-12-2005
rising star

Everyone keeps talking about mineral makeup but i've never tried it and i dunno if it works.

I have acne scars, bumps(increasing daily and i use full coverage makeup to hide my scars. My newest makeup works so good that if someone sees me without it they won't recognize it's me.
I use Revlon Colorstay makeup(it's oil free) and i know a lot of you are thinking it's drug store so it's probably not as good as other brands but honestly the coverage is MUCH better than anything else i've tried.
The foundation itself is thick and smells a little but i'm not the kind of person that gets turned off by smells. I dont use a concealer either but my scars are covered perfectly. Also, it's longlasting..a bit too longlasting so you have to make sure you use a good cleanser to wash it off at night.

15-12-2005
fashion icon

^ Recommend Bio Oil too.

PS: Ladies Bio oil reduces stretchmarks dramatically too!

15-12-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurofashionjunki
^ Recommend Bio Oil too.

PS: Ladies Bio oil reduces stretchmarks dramatically too!

Does Bio Oil help reduce acne scars? How effective is it?

15-12-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandie
Does Bio Oil help reduce acne scars? How effective is it?
It really works and the best I have used. But don't use too much on the face only a few drops and rub for a few minutes before you go to bed. Not for day time, especially if you have oily skin, just every night.

15-12-2005
backstage pass

I've heard Dermablend works well. Its really thick to help hide scars, discoloration. Visit their website. Impressive berfore and afters http://www.dermablend.com/

I've used their face wash gel and it worked really well to help clear up acne.

15-12-2005
Diamond

My newest vote is for Bare Escentuals!!

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ying-8617.html

~Madeleine Albright
15-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen
I've heard Dermablend works well. Its really thick to help hide scars, discoloration. Visit their website. Impressive berfore and afters http://www.dermablend.com/

I've used their face wash gel and it worked really well to help clear up acne.
I'm on acctuane right now, so the problem is not acne, just the hyperpigmentation from earlier acne. Thanks for the site. I just wonder how much of the product is actually used and how much is airbrushed. I'll try it out and I hope they have a good return policy.

16-12-2005
fashion icon

also try www.sheercover.com for acne coverup or other marks to cover on face.

and last but not least www.janeiredale.com (is the best cover-up for face & body!)

16-12-2005
backstage pass

I use a concealor from maybelline on my scars, and nuetrogena foundation. I think it provides a naturnal finish, but really helpscover up all my scars!! Hope it helped.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, covering, scars, tips, tricks