How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2012
don't look down

A look at a nail colour (same source):

Quote:
Tom Ford Burnt Topaz Nail Lacquer ($30.00 for 0.40 fl. oz.) is a warm bronze with orange undertones and threads of metallic copper shimmer. It’s mostly opaque after two coats. China Glaze Mahogany Magic has a similar undertone but looks rather different otherwise. NARS King Kong is much redder. China Glaze Goin’ My Way is a bit darker.

There was a tendency for it to pull a bit, which I suspect is due partially to the longer drying time. Not much longer than average to me, but the formula is less forgiving if you’re trying to get your swatches done! Because it has a metallic finish, brush strokes are definitely present and noticeable, though they’re subtler than you’ll typically find in this type of finish. The formula wasn’t too thick or too thin, and it applied decently, but it could have gone on a bit smoother. It also did this weird thing where it seemed to recede from the edge of the tips of my nails.

I wore this shade to test wear (I’ve tested the wear of the cream finishes, but not of the metallic ones), and it lasted seven days without any chipping and had minor tip wear–just keep in mind that I can’t remember the last formula that did chip on me other than matte polish.

FINAL THOUGHTS
It's a so-so formula, but the color is pretty and if you're a fan of metallic finishes and prefer less brush strokes, you may find it worth dealing with. At this price point, I'd expect a better formula and more color coverage at two coats.

29-01-2013
don't look down

New for Spring 2013 (makeup4all.com):

Quote:
Tom Ford is launching a new range of lip products - Lip Color Shines.

They will come in ten shades and are promised to be tinted lip balms.

V.I.P.

^I will definitely try those. Thanks for posting.

04-02-2013
front row

I want the Black Orchid lipstick so badly.

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Any news on the S/S collection?

20-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
This summer Ford sticks to what he knows best with a line of illuminating bronze products. “I wanted to capture a very particular look of skin that is bathed in sunset light in the summer,” said Ford. “It is a sultry and sublime glow. In this light, every woman looks irresistibly relaxed and sensual.”

The Summer 2013 collection boasts a liquid skin illuminator ($65), bronzy cheek color sticks ($58), creamy eye colors ($40), a lustrous rose gold lip lacquer ($30), and an icy nail varnish ($30) and will be available in May at Tom Ford counters at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, and Neiman Marcus.
elle.com

02-08-2013
don't look down

A look at the autumn collection (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Tom Ford Beauty Fall 2013 Color Collection & Private Blend Atelier d’Orient Collection

“A monochromatic play of three contrasting textures creates dynamic dimension for eyes.” —Tom Ford

Tom Ford focuses on the art of the seductive eye with his fall 2013 color collection. At the Heart of the collection is the limited edition ombré eye color trio of monochromatic shades That uses light and depth to create a dynamic contrast. A n innovative, dual-ended liquid Liner enhances the look, adding sophisticated and provocative definition.

Ombre Eye Color Trio Palette ($60.00) (Limited Edition)

Two new ombré eye color trio palettes masterfully shade and contour the eyes with an extraordinary play of contrast and light. The in the pink trio comes in three sensual pink shades and textures for a contoured nude look: pink rose, pink champagne, and ballet slipper pink.
  • The Pink Pink rose, pink champagne, ballet slipper pink
  • She Wolf Deep black/brown, light charcoal, silver lead
Eye Defining Pencil Pen ($55.00)

The intuitive Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil Pen features a fine calligraphy tip on one end and a pro brush on the other for the ultimate in precision lining. The deep carbon black liquid liner delivers a spectrum of effects from sleek lines to dramatic wing tips or a full doe eye.

Tom Ford Eye Primer Duo ($50.00)

The Tom Ford Eye Primer is a unique duo of powder and cream formulas that work with the shadows to deliver fifteen-hour, color-rich staying power. The stackable package holds a cream base formula containing the exclusive infusion complex, and a translucent pressed powder that ensures your eye color will stay fresh all day.

Ultra Length Mascara ($42.00)

The Tom Ford Ultra Length Mascara in Ultra Raven heightens the eye impact with carbon-black color and extra-long extension.

Lip Color ($49.00)

Four Tom Ford Lip Colors offer a choice of sensuous neutrals or decadent bolds. Rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil create an ultra-creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated color pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity for a polished finish.
  • Vanilla Suede Beige (Permanent, Repromote)
  • Sable Smoke Rosy beige (Permanent, Repromote)
  • Crimson Noir Red (Permanent, Repromote)
  • Bruised Plum Plum (Permanent, Repromote)
Nail Lacquer ($32.00)
  • Show Me the Pink Pink (Limited Edition)
  • Black Sugar Plum (Limited Edition)
Black Orchid Hydrating Emulsion ($55.00)

A luxurious satin-like body lotion that provides a sensual glide to the touch. Smoothes and moisturizes while leaving skin feeling silky and supple. Lightly scented with the intoxicating fragrance of Tom Ford Black Orchid.

don't look down

And a set of scents (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Private Blend Atelier d’Orient Collection

Tom Ford presents Atelier d’Orient, a collection of four private blend fragrances inspired by the sublime beauty, enigmatic sensuality and exquisite luxury of Asia. Each scent tells his richly imagined olfactory story about Asia by using ingredients that have treasured prestige in the orient, from voluptuous florals and precious fruits to aromatic spices and rare oils. In Atelier d’Orient, prized ingredients from the ancient silk and spice routes are crafted into unexpected new architectures as beautiful and daring as the region’s mesmerizing, modern cities.

$210.00 for 50ml/1.7 fl. oz. EDP; $520.00 for 250ml/8.4 oz. EDP

Plum Japonais

Plum Japonais reveals the extraordinary beauty of the ume plum by juxtaposing it with a lush and unconventional mélange of exotic Asian ingredients. Plum Japonais is a rich and luxurious fragrance for true scent connoisseurs.

Saffron, cinnamon bark Laos, everlasting flower and sawara cypress create an unforgettable journey across distant lands. The voyage unfolds from India to Laos and then to China and Japan, where the tart, dark nuances of ume plum are discovered. This breathtaking ingredient becomes infused with velvety plum liqueur, beguiling camellia Japonica flowers and rare agarbois, casting an irresistible spell of ravishing beauty—before the journey ventures into a warm and sensual terrain of amber, benzoin Laos, fir balsam absolute, vanilla absolute and infusion.

Fleur de Chine

Fleur de Chine is an unequivocally romantic and haunting, floral fragrance that is touched with reverence for the great fragrances of the past. It evokes an atmosphere of sophisticated restraint that evolves slowly into rich grandeur.

Precious Asian flowers, including the Hualan flower and star magnolia, are arranged in a bouquet of rare beauty. Their romance is enhanced with the elegant texture of fresh clementine and bergamot, blended with the soft, green effects of hyacinth. Sublime eastern treasures—jasmine tea, syringa, plum and tea rose balanced with wisteria, white peach and soft tree peony—whisper a story of insatiable longing. This medley of sophistication and sublimity keeps the fragrance blooming with presence. Yet the richness of Hinoki wood, Chinese cedarwood, amber, rare benzoin Laos, styrax and vetiver tempers the beauty with captivating seduction, adding an aura of glamorous mystique.

Shanghai Lily

Shanghai Lily is a floral oriental scent that transports the senses into a world of rare and opulent ingredients from the historic silk road and spice route.

Bitter orange, pink peppercorn and rich black pepper blend with the warm richness of clove. Jasmine, rose and tuberose, combined with the very contemporary addition of vetiver and luxurious cashmeran, create a sensual coupling of spices and florals. The golden treasures of benzoin Laos, castoreum, cistus labdanum and guaiacwood are touched with addicting vanilla and captivating frankincense, creating a hazy reverie of glamour and temptation.

Rive d’Ambre

Rive d’Ambre is a golden-toned eau de cologne with a veil of colonial elegance. Precious citrus fruits—a talisman of good fortune in Asia—are beautifully illuminated by a warm and seductive, amber background.

Exquisite citrus fruits—bergamot, lemon and bitter orange oils—dance together with refreshing and refined light, surrounded by the uplifting textures of tarragon, cardamom and Moroccan spearmint oil. The bergamot weaves itself into these contrasting ingredients with aromatic splendor; in an unexpected twist, this citrus gift is cradled by the rich and seductive warmth o rare benzoin Laos melded with a beautiful, pear wood accord. A decadent pour of cognac oil touched with tolu balsam enhances the golden aura, which is made even more fascinating with the addition of addictive amber.

Availability: September 2013

Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
I'd say if there's a piece that you really love, go for it, but given the prices (the quality is great, but the prices can be scary) I'd go for something really special, something you love that you wouldn't just wear everyday. It's the same as buying expensive clothing or shoes.

Besides, if it makes you feel great, it's worth it.
Shoot, if I ever buy any Tom Ford cosmetics, you better believe I'll be wearing it every. single. day. I'm gonna get my money's worth!

05-11-2013
don't look down

A new fragrance collection (chicprofile.com):

Quote:
I have wanted to revisit Oud for years; it is one of the most endlessly fascinating ingredients in a perfumer’s palette. For this collection, I explored how Oud could intertwine with other precious ingredients from the rich and storied culture and artisanal traditions of the Middle East. - Tom Ford

The Private Blend Oud collection is an olfactive journey that explores three mesmerizing and sensual facets of oud. Two new oud fragrances join the best-selling fragrance, private blend oud wood, a groundbreaking composition of exotic woods and spices that is hailed as a definitive interpretation of oud.

The new fragrances, Private Blend Oud Fleur and Private Blend Tobacco Oud, share the signature elements of the original Oud Wood—oud, sandalwood and patchouli—then follow two unique and contrasting directions. They give Tom Ford another opportunity to show his mastery of this rare and precious ingredient. The collection of three oud fragrances also features three bath and body products that offer sumptuous new ways to wear this unforgettable note, creating a complete world of oud within Tom Ford Private Blend. Oud Wood body moisturizer, Oud Wood shower gel and OudWood bath soap are perfumed with the original Oud Wood fragrance.

Availability

Now at Nordstrom and online @nordstrom.com

Tom Ford Private Blend Oud Collection

Tom Ford Oud Wood Eau de Parfum Decanter – New – $520.00 for 250 ml/ 8.4 fl oz

Private Blend Oud Wood captures the most sophisticated, precious and highly regarded materials in the Middle East. Rich, elegant oud is paired with smoky birch tar and cistus heart, which impart a sultry, smoky effect reminiscent of burnt incense lingering in the air, further enhancing the fragrance’s depth and sensuality. Adding a perception of warmth and intrigue, notes of patchouli absolute are used as cedarwood atlas creates a sense of animalic depth, leaving an intoxicating trail.

Tom Ford Oud Wood Eau de Parfum

Available as 50 ml/ 1.7 fl oz for $210.00 and 100 ml/ 3.4 fl oz for $290.00.

Tom Ford Oud Wood Shower Gel – $65.00 for 250 ml/ 8.4 fl oz

The rare, exotic scent of Oud Wood by Tom Ford features a blend of exotic rosewood, cardamom, oud wood, sandalwood, vetiver, tonka bean and amber. The rich, lathering shower gel cleanses and conditions your skin leaving you clean, fresh and delicately scented.

Tom Ford Oud Wood Body Moisturizer – $65.00 for 150 ml/ 5 fl oz

The body moisturizer features a rich, creamy formula that soothes and hydrates the skin.

Tom Ford Oud Wood Bar Soap – $35.00

The creamy, lathering bar soap cleanses your skin while leaving it feeling soft and smooth.

Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Eau de Parfum – $210.00 for 50 ml/ 1.7 fl oz

Private Blend Tobacco Oud explores a secret history of addictive Arabic passions—crafting fragrances from precious oud wood resin and smoking aromatic tobacco. It intertwines mesmerizing oud with an idealized tobacco accord inspired by “dokha,” a blend of herbs, flowers and spice-laden tobacco that was smoked in secret five centuries ago during a ban on smoking— and retains its allure as a widely used tobacco today. Dried quickly in the desert sun, and then mixed with herbs, spices, bark, and dried flowers, Dokha delivers its rush in a potent, dizzying hit. Like a proper Dokha, private blend tobacco oud imparts an extremely smooth, warm blend of woodsy notes for a heady buzz; and then a warm exhale of spicy heat. Fine tobacco dust absolute is intertwined with coriander seed oil to achieve this spice-laden touch.

Roasted tonka organic absolute soaks the tobacco with a warm, addictive pulse of coumarin while streaks of sandalwood bring out mellow, lactonic tones. A seductive amber note is accomplished with high dosages of cistus oil from spain and cistus absolute—an indigenous Mediterranean plant also known as labdanum or rockrose—that contributes leathery-ambery, textural tones.

Tom Ford Oud Fleur Eau de Parfum – $210.00 for 50 ml/ 1.7 fl oz

Private Blend Oud Fleur explores the mystique of oud in all its dimensions, including the aspect of prestige and age. It is crafted from a slowly perfected vision of Oud Wood that has been developed over twenty years by harmonizing the finest aspects of many variations.

The Oud Wood core is streaked with additional woody notes to amplify its effects: patchouli for cool earthy tones; sandalwood for warmth; incense for smoky mystery, and styrax, cistus and leather accord for added texture and presence. Ambergris and castoreum lend a wild warmth and mellow ambery comfort.

A complex rose dimension evokes the middle east’s legendary damascus rose. A blend of Rose Bulgaria Orpur®, Rose Absolute Morocco, and Rose Absolute Turkey Orpur® creates a brocade effect that weaves fresh petal, lush nectar and spicy stem-like signatures together. This floral heart is enhanced with Ginger CO2, Cardamom Seed Oil Orpur®, Cinnamon Bark Laos Orpur®, and Pimento Berry; these cool and fiery spice accents awaken the senses. A touch of Geranium Egypt Orpur® lends a peppery-green flourish as tagette, osmanthus, davana oil and date accord lend a beautifully mellowed effect which enhances the sensation of a precious fragrance crafted from superbly well-aged materials.

don't look down

And for Christmas (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge Color & Holiday Gift Boxes for Holiday 2013

Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge Color for Holiday 2013

Introducing Tom Ford’s audacious new red lip and nail pairings: two duos of classic crimson or sumptuous cherry shades inspired by the daring femininity of his private blend fragrance, Jasmin Rouge. They evoke the scent’s decadent, spiced floral notes and iconic red bottle, and capture its mood of hedonistic glamour. Experience the power of crimson with Tom Ford Lip Color in Rouge Fatal and Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Shameless. Indulge in rich cherry with Tom Ford Lip Color Vampire Kiss and Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Trophy Wife.

Lip Color ($49.00)
  • Rouge Fatal - Crimson
  • Vampire Kiss - Rich cherry
Nail Lacquer ($32.00)
  • Shameless - Crimson
  • Trophy Wife - Rich cherry
Eye Color Quad ($78.00)
  • Ice Queen - Subtle blues and icy grays
Gift Sets

Tom Ford Beauty has developed three luxurious cosmetics gift boxes exclusively for holiday 2013. Each presented in an iconic Tom Ford reflective chocolate brown hinged setup box in crosshatch pattern. Each box allows for customization at counter.
  • 12-Piece Lip Color Gift Box - Personalized selection of 12 Lip Colors in a mahogany-colored box ($588.00)
  • 4-Piece Lip & Nail Lacquer Gift Box - Personalized selection of two Lip Colors and Nail Lacquers in a mahogany-colored box ($162.00)
  • 4-Piece Lip Color Gift Box - Personalized selection of four Lip Colors in a mahogany-colored box ($196.00)
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus

don't look down

A move to ivory packaging for Spring 2014 (chicprofile.com)

Quote:
Availability

International Launch Date – February 2014

Tom Ford Spring 2014 Color Collection

Sheer Lip Colours – Limited Edition – £36.00
  • Available in 8 new shades.
Nail Lacquer – Limited Edition – £26.00
  • Available in 4 new shades.

Some Like It Hot

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid - New Signature Fragrance

Quote:
INTRODUCING TOM FORD'S NEW SIGNATURE FRAGRANCE, AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON TOMFORD.COM. VELVET ORCHID LIVES IN A WORLD OF GLAMOROUS MYSTIQUE, EVOLVING THE CARNAL GRANDEUR AND SEDUCTIVE POWER OF TOM FORD'S ORIGINAL BLACK ORCHID INTO A HARMONIOUS AND UBER-FEMININE FRAGRANCE.

LAVISHED WITH COOL FRESHNESS, DRAMATIC PETALS, HONEY AND RUM, TOM FORD VELVET ORCHID IS AN ORIENTAL FLORAL FRAGRANCE THAT TEASES AND CARESSES WITH ENVELOPING AND BRILLIANT WARMTH.
*TOMFORD.COM

V.I.P.

By Rebecca Mann, Executive Director - Editorial
Quote:
Tom Ford Beauty has extended its upscale Private Blend Collection with two new fragrances that continue the Mediterranean theme of the brand’s Neroli Portofino line. Mandarino Di Amalfi and Costa Azzurra will be available in selected Tom Ford Beauty travel retail locations from August.

Mandarino Di Amalfi aims to capture the calm idyll of the whitewashed villas dotting the cliff sides of Amalfi, according to the brand. The fragrance opens with an abundance of coastal Italian ingredients. Top notes include tarragon, spearmint, blackcurrant, bergamot, grapefruit, lemon sfumatrice (an artisanal pressed lemon oil) and basil.

Cool black pepper and coriander seed complement a floral core comprising orange flower, clary sage, jasmine and Shiso leaf. The base blends vetiver, amber, labdanum, musk and civet.

Costa Azzurra evokes the sun-baked landscape of coastal and island Mediterranean woods, where pines and oaks mingle with wild-growing herbs and salty water.

The fragrance opens with a hint of fucus – a species of seaweed – which is combined with driftwood and agarwood accords, enriched with ambrette seed, celery seed and caradamom.

The heart features armoise, juniper berry, myrtle, basil, French lavender, lemon and yellow mandarin. The dry-down incorporates citrus and resin from the lentisque shrub, olibanum, incense, vetiver and vanilla.

The Neroli Portofino trio is presented in glass flacons coloured in complementary shades of sea and sky blue. All three bottles are labelled with a gold plaque and are packed in matching Private Blend outer cartons.
moodiereport.com

Can't wait to try these

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, ford, tom