How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2010
V.I.P.

Topshop Makeup

topshop.com

I wonder how this collection will be..I'm not that into the casing but who knows

29-04-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah I think the 80s style packaging is a bit blah. In general I've not been a fan of their polkadots theme that they have on their other packaging. It doesn't look that exciting in general to be honest....

29-04-2010
V.I.P.

I think the makeup looks rather cheap.

30-04-2010
backstage pass

Don't think I will be purchasing anything!

30-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naya View Post
I think the makeup looks rather cheap.
I have to agree, but I mean I love their clothes so..

at the irish pub

I think i will try some of their lipstick shades.

rising star

So I just checked out the collection and it really isn't that bad. I mean its not amazing or anything but it isn't really intended to be, its cheap, attractively-packaged make-up and it does the job. The nail polishes for sure will sell well as will the eyeshadow.

I bought the Highlighter, which comes as a creamy powder like the blushes and it feels really nice on, not too heavy or cloggy. I also go the felt-tip liner which I am very happy with. I didn't try out many other things but I think it works, its just like Topshop's clothes.. not too pricey, easy to use and trendy. Did anyone else take a peak at them?

15-05-2010
at the irish pub

^I am waiting for them to come in here. Hope it doesn't take much time.

backstage pass

I bought an eye crayon in Moonshine and it's amazing quality! I've been looking for something like this for a while and the one I was planning to buy was twice the price so I'm pretty chuffed! It has really good payoff and it lasts for ages, I swatched it on my hand and it lasted for the whole day (obviously I washed my hands!) which is pretty good!

03-06-2010
little soul

There's some nice stuff in the line & overall the prices are good for what it is. The blushes are cream to powder, bright but blendable - however the testers (for everything are usually mangled) and I've tried them when they are freshly opened and the texture is much smoother than when they've been sitting out for ages. The liquid liner is super black as well & the cream eyeshadow pens seem amazing, very creamy & smooth. I bought only the lipgloss in Antique but I think I will buy more as it expands.

(my pics)

The gloss is not very long lasting but its a really pretty "my lips but better colour", same scent as MAC, similar texture but not as sticky.

tfs star

as anyone tried this? http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...8097&langId=-1

backstage pass

^
shoegal87, I have the silver version of that and it's really good! Really pigmented, creamy and it's lasts for a pretty long time. I'd definitely reccomend it

05-06-2010
tfs star

^THANK YOU!!! I think i'll give it a try!

front row

I love the packaging and bought some things. I have the black eyeliner pencil and some grey nail polish. The eye pencil isn't as good as my beloved, ever-reliable black kohl pencil from Rimmel (oh well, it still looks pretty), but I'm impressed with the nail polish. Obviously you don't get the same quality as you do with the likes of Nails Inc and Chanel, but it's only cheap so I suppose you can't have expectations that are too high!

rising star

I bought the lip gloss in a bright red-orange shade over the weekend in New York. It's really fun and looks perfect sheered over top of my favourite red lipstick - Nars Heat Wave. Fun color for the summer, but I don't think I'd use it the rest of the year.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, topshop