How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2007
Storm & Sommer

USLU airlines nail polish line collaborations
from http://www.usluairlines.com

Quote:
colours to start will be extended by more and more each season. First shades honor common destination of uslu and Willhelm.

Berlin, Paris, 11-29-2007 - This very week, the first shipments of our 'Bernhard Willhelm for uslu airlines' nail polishes will hit the shelfs. The 3 destinations -GWW, JDP and KNO- reflect our common regional relations. The 3 colours reflect the winter sun (as little as there is of it): all of them highly metallized and sparkling! We just love it. And Bernhard too.

GOLD METALLIC: KNO - knokke/het zoute (Belgium)
RED METALLIC: JDP - heliport de paris (France)
BLUE METALLIC: GWW - berlin royal air force gatow (Germany)
images from http://uslubw.blogspot.com

pinterest : hanneonpin

01-12-2007
V.I.P.

I thought it was a real airline .
I never heard of Uslu before but I must say I'm pretty excited about this collaboration.. Bernhard's clothing may not be the most pleasing one at times but he has an undeniably gorgeous vision for color.
I want to try to gold one.

Storm & Sommer

lol..well I love it when titles make you go.. huh? and after reading the text it makes all the sense in the world... Uslu is pretty interesting (you should check out the two other threads on the label.. see bottom of page )

21-03-2008
Storm & Sommer

From my inbox:

Chez Colette: uslu airlines launched first parfumed nail polish destination 'FIG - fria'

Berlin/Paris, March 2008 - Celebrating our 5th birthday together, uslu airlines and Colette continue the never ending success story with yet another co-innovation in beauty: perfumed nail polish.
Essentially, we simply created a metallized version of the known Colette 'blue' and flavoured it with their equally well known house smell, the fig, says uslu airlines co-pilot Jan Mihm.

Simply, well, maybe, but maybe not: the result is nothing short of the first nail polish that smells like Eau de Colette. Since JPEGs cannot create a nasal sensation, you will have to go Paris for the experience, uslu airlines' parfumed nail polish destination 'FIG - fria' is a Colette world exclusive... of course.

And, you guessed it (how boring), since it is just soo much fun to show a friendly Stinkefinger, we have already lined up a few other fine fragrances to collaborate with. Enjoy. We do.

images from usluairlinesblog.blogspot.com

11-06-2008
& b

these nailpolishes are overpriced. seven new york has them for $35.

Lea
fashion insider

they are pricey but I still want them!

from http://www.uslubw.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Dixieme, Mitte - May/28/2008: they all asked for more, so we gave them more. What else would anyone have done? So, the 'Bernhard Willhelm nail polish for uslu airlines' mini line now serves 6 destinations:

we knew:
KNO - knokke/het zoute
JDP - heliport de paris
GWW - berlin royal air force gatow

we new:
KTT - kittilä (Finland)
WAW - warsaw frederic chopin (Poland)
SBT - san bernardino (USA)

Inspiration for the new colours came, as usual, from Bernhard Willhelm's current collection, while inspirations for the names were, again, manigfold...

Bernhard Willhelm nail polish for uslu airlines is available at selected stores worldwide and retails for around 22,- € per bottle.

They are flying so well, we have further destinations already prepared for launch in June. Really.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BernhardWillhelm_Uslu.jpg (31.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Lea; 12-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.
20-06-2008
Storm & Sommer

email from uslu airlines

03-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

Love the lilac-blue Mykonos airport (JMK)

from myspace.com/usluairlinesdjs

Quote:
the colour of sound - right at your finger tips

Berlin, Mykonos, Petersburg, Zürich - 01/11/2009 - for their first club infused nail polish line, supersonic beauty label uslu airlines joined forces with 4 top notch DJs: Headman, Rollerboys, Fetisch and BusyP. The result is 4 new shades, individually packaged and -listen to that!- each sporting a custom club mix to go with it.

The polishes will start selling end of January, retailing at 21,- € each and they shall be found at the usual uslu airlines sources. The mixes are free, you can enjoy them at http://www.myspace.com/usluairlinesdjs

As always at uslu airlines, the polishes are named after international airport destinations. And just as they created the colours, the DJs selected those too. They might have had a reason or maybe just a mood? See yourself...
Fetisch, now in Parisan exile, likely felt a bit homey when he chose our all dear but closed airport Tempelhof (THF) in Berlin.
airport Tempelhof.bmp

BusyP found Petersburg (Alaska) James A Johnson (PSG): Glow in the dark nailpolish.
Petersburg James A Johnson.bmp

Headman picked Zürich-Kloten (ZRH) which is of Switzerland, just like him.
Zürich-Kloten.bmp

Rollerboys picked Mykonos airport (JMK) in Greece.
Mykonos airport.bmp

03-02-2009
|/mirror queen\|

Just my opinion, but most of those polishes must look awful on the hands... :s

But they certainly look unisex though.

V.I.P.

La Garçonne just got a bunch of these...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airlines, collaborations, line, nail, polish, uslu