How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2010
fashion icon

^ This is a lovely suggestion Andrea.RL however I live in America. Unfortunately my school (and much of America as well) is not nearly as classy as the French! You just sort of eat everything at once. Since I live on campus and I am paying quite a sum for the food (I have to have it- its included in the tuition) I don't have much options.

23-10-2010
fashion insider

haha, yeah the french have special eat habits.
Well that sucks! maybe the small complements can still work?

I used to bring like caesar dressing and apples in a small box. That goes really good with nuts and cheese in a salad... :p

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautechild View Post
^ I still buy leather products, people make the assumption that vegetarianism is based on an ethical choice but as that isn't my reason for vegetarianism I see nothing hypocritical in not eating meat but still wearing leather.
I'm the same, I have no problem at all with fur or leather, but I eat a full vegan diet 100% of the time.

26-10-2010
oh! darling

Quote:
I'm the same, I have no problem at all with fur or leather, but I eat a full vegan diet 100% of the time.
This is pretty much how I am too. Right now, I follow a vegan dietary lifestyle.

Recently I've taken to just eating a lot of vegetables because the filler food companies try to make for vegans are atrocious. I have come to hate Sunshine Burgers because they are too crumbly to stay as stiff as a meat burger. And, vegan cookies and cupcakes fall apart too easily and aren't a delight to eat as cupcakes should be.

front row

It's so lovely to see so many vegetarians and vegans on tfs!!

Im just wondering if you guys know of any great vegetarian/ vegan blogs that talk about fashion? I dont know what the rules are and I dont want to be spamming this thread, but

I've just started a blog that follows my expiriences as a vegetarian in my personal life and as a model in the fashion industry. So im on the look out for other blogs!

since you guys are all vegetarian/vegans (or at least curious!!) please feel free to pm me if you have any ideas or would be open about what you like to read in such blogs.

I hope im not breaking any rules

oh! darling

^ That's really great, Yasmine! Like Stella McCartney, it clearly isn't hard to be both high fashion and animal-friendly.

This is the Renaissance

Yeah, there is definitely a need for good veg fashion blogs.

I like Alicia Silverstone's site and forum:
http://www.thekindlife.com/

And I just found this one recently:
http://streetsiknow.blogspot.com/

I'm sure there are more, but I've noticed that a lot of people people start them with a bang and then sort of wander off. I suppose that's true of all fashion blogs, actually.

28-10-2010
fashion insider

gee I hate medicine! My doctor just prescribed me some little pills to take for 4 weeks and I just read they have gelatin in them. It sucks they dont have anything else in replacement, and just in general, when it comes to pills and medicine like this there's big chances they're made of it.
(just thinking about it makes me kind of sick.. cant wait for this to be over!)

front row

oh yeah I had a bad migraine some time ago and I didn't wanna take the pill I got for it, but I felt so ill I ended up taking it anyway...

28-10-2010
oh! darling

Sometimes there's really nothing we can do unfortunately. I wonder if natural grocers carry vegan-friendly medications.

My friend Nikki was in an awful accident over the summer. Since her knees had hit her lungs and stomach so hard from the outside, she couldn't have solid foods for a while. And, considering Nikki is also vegan like myself, she didn't eat anything her entire stay. No gelatin, no white sugar, none of the meals which were mostly Italian or some kind of meat. It is difficult to cater to those of us who instill our own dietary rules, but I think it should be respected just as much as a person in a wheelchair or someone who is blind/deaf.

This is the Renaissance

I always ask if there is an alternative.

I had to take some antibiotics awhile back and they came in gelatin capsules. I asked the pharmacist is there was anything else I could take and he gave me the chewable children's version. I had to take a few more to get the right dosage but um, they were weirdly yummy!

Someone recently told me that dissolvable stitches are made of processed collagen (animal intestines). Ugh. I hope I'm never in a bad accident where I have to say "Oh, hang on, can you please use the synthetic stitches?"

30-10-2010
oh! darling

Oh my! There are so many things I didn't realize were made from animals like collagen.

I figured just milk and such were the only things I had to look out for. Not in the least:
casein
taurine
gelatin, to name a few.

fashion insider

reading your post papa_levante, I feel that I'm going to learn that a lot of the things I eat are still not vegetarian. We people have to like reading because until they write if something is for sure or not veg, we'll have to keep scrutinizing every label. It's not keeping away from animal products thats hard its finding where they are that is.

oh! darling

What can sometimes be tricky is lard. It's in many beans (baked) and sometimes even tortilla chips. Mother got a different brand once and across the bottom was "NO LARD."

Sometimes it can get extremely tricky, but I love vegetables so I always turn to them, even for breakfast!

I had quinoa today. This time it was warm instead of refrigerated. Heavenly!

V.I.P.

I rather eat vegetarian food than something with meat...I don´t like where meat comes and what people do to animals to get meat and sell it. I do not even eat tunafish or any kind of fish (sometimes creami fish soup but generally I do not really like fish...)
Usually I eat home made food like vege pizza or some kind of soup. I am in the hunt for new recepies.
I know I propably do not get all the vitamins etc. so I try to shape up with that!

Last edited by Jenna-maria; 30-10-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, thread, vegan, vegetarian