How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcottmanor View Post
I know what you mean. All the Asian restaurants around here fry everything as well. That's why I like Japanese food the best because they have the veggie rolls and things like seaweed salad that I can eat
Me too! Ahh, vegan sushi (especially the pieces with shiitake mushrooms), seaweed salad and edamame

05-04-2011
oh! darling

^ Look out for the seaweed salad! Some of them do contain fish.

I prefer Greek and/or Mediterranean restaurants. You do have to ask and make sure that the falafel does not contain milk/yogurt. Some of them do. But generally it's all vegetables. LOVE.

My town offers a lot of that variety, but I steer clear of chain restaurants that won't take a special request. It's the local ones that can do that for you.

And if you can, try the sage tea. It's black tea and sage and uhhhhhhhhh, drool.

fashion icon

My favourite chain to eat out at is wagamama - which is a pan-Asian places, mainly noodle/rice based dishes. Its not all vegetarian but there is lots of choice. I also tend to find Mexican places have quite a few veggie options. Generally when I eat out, if there is at least one meal I can eat I'm happy (I can always find something for dessert if I end up having a sub par main meal), as I go for dinner as a social thing rather than for the food.

11-04-2011
oh! darling

I do miss paella, a tradition Spanish dish. It contains shrimp which I could easily eat around.

Must look for a recipe!

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Andrea.RL QUINOA! It's a savior!

sorry for getting back three weeks later...
I asked my mom to buy some, and I loooovvee it! it's really good, and I've been adding corn and bbq sauce to it for snacks
I was also looking on internet for recipes with quinoa, and some people put chocolate... Has anyone tried that?

(thank you for the great recommendation papa_levante!

12-04-2011
oh! darling

Glad to hear quinoa for the win! You're very welcome Andrea.RL.

As for me and quinoa, I'll cut up mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, and zuccini and sauteé and add them to warm quinoa. I like Mrs. Dash seasonings. My favorite so far is Southwest Chipotle. You can sprinkle some seasoning on it and bam, you have a meal. Maybe a salad on the side too.

fashion icon

^ I have an unopened bag of quinoa, so may try that dish tomorrow, thanks!

12-04-2011
tfs star

any vegan food blog recommendations?

oh! darling

Quote:
any vegan food blog recommendations?
I don't follow any in particular, but hopefully these links can point you in a decent direction.

Vegan Blogs - lists them by most recently updated.
Fat Free Vegan
50 Ridiculously Yummy Vegan & Vegetarian Blogs
What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway?
Vegan Lunchbox
10 Tasty Vegan Blogs
VegBlogs

tfs star

^Thanks a lot!

V.I.P.

Also TheKindLife.com

fashion icon

I recently had vegan chocolate mousse. And here's the kicker, it had avocado in it! To some it may sound like a yucky combo but it really works. Honestly, one of the best deserts I've had in a long time. Now my mom's on the hunt to find the perfect recipe (since we had it at a restaurant). Has anyone else had this desert before?

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I recently had vegan chocolate mousse. And here's the kicker, it had avocado in it! To some it may sound like a yucky combo but it really works. Honestly, one of the best deserts I've had in a long time. Now my mom's on the hunt to find the perfect recipe (since we had it at a restaurant). Has anyone else had this desert before?
I've never had it, but there's a recipe for it here http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/20...-how-food.html
I haven't made this recipe before, but I've used other recipes for things on her site and they've always been good, so it might be worth a try

Does anyone have any recommendations for a protein powder (preferably a soy free one)?

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post

I have not had this dessert before, but I did have another version in the Caymen Islands. It had soy milk instead of avocado though. I think they use avocado because it has a taste and a consistency of butter. And it's a better fat than butter.

backstage pass

^ Just finished whipping up the chocolate mousse, soooo easy I really cannot emphasize how simple it was to make. I am going to surprise my sister tonight with it for dessert and I'm not going to tell her the secret ingredient
I did have a quick taste before storing it in the fridge and it's quite rich, but it's going to go splendid with some sliced almonds and bananas on top

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, thread, vegan, vegetarian