How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-06-2010
front row

Anyone feel like sharing their favourite recipe?

02-06-2010
fashion elite

what kind of recipe? dinner?
I cook a yam for 6 minutes in the microwave,first poke it several times with a fork so it won't explode LOL, and I have that with a big salad with kale,arugula,lentils,tomatoes,olive oil,broccoli,kalamata olives,roasted pine nuts.

03-06-2010
scenester

all i've been eating lately is brown rice. yesterday was half rice half lentils, today it was half rice half millet haha gotta love being poor.

recipe? i do make this bean burger recipe alot, and change the bean/grain/flavourings to what i have/feel like:
http://sweetbeetandgreenbean.net/200...uinoa-burgers/

Last edited by EXOskeleton; 03-06-2010 at 01:02 AM.
03-06-2010
front row

I make a lot of low fat muffins plus I have the best vegan chocolate cake/brownie recipe that is really rich. Definitely not healthy but delicious when you want to treat yourself. If you cook it for under the recommended time, it turns out almost like a fudge. Plus it's cheap to make Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.

I also like to make veggie tacos quite a bit, using red kidney beans instead of meat. Pasta with vegetables mixed in it. Roasted Mediterranean vegetables. Bircher muesli is great for breakfasts or any time during the day.

03-06-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXOskeleton View Post
all i've been eating lately is brown rice. yesterday was half rice half lentils, today it was half rice half millet haha gotta love being poor.

recipe? i do make this bean burger recipe alot, and change the bean/grain/flavourings to what i have/feel like:
http://sweetbeetandgreenbean.net/200...uinoa-burgers/
That recipe looks delicious. I'm going to try it.

Aw, there a lot of tasty things you can make if you're on tight budget. You could try Indian Dal. Google the recipe if you're interested. Basically I just use red lentils, a can of chopped tomatoes and spices. It ends up being really filling and tasty and it won't cost you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullepen View Post
what kind of recipe? dinner?
I cook a yam for 6 minutes in the microwave,first poke it several times with a fork so it won't explode LOL, and I have that with a big salad with kale,arugula,lentils,tomatoes,olive oil,broccoli,kalamata olives,roasted pine nuts.
Anything meal or dessert. This thread isn't very active and I thought sharing our favourite recipes might be good so we can all try something new. I'm always looking for inspiration from others.

Last edited by parisia; 03-06-2010 at 07:00 PM.
03-06-2010
fashion elite

I have this brown rice cereal, I put dried blueberries and cranberries in it...yum!

04-06-2010
scenester

@parisia i love dal, need to get some red lentils. i would like your brownie recipe, i've tried a few recipes with varying success. also care to share your muffin recipe?

just made pasta with chickpeas/chilli/garlic/mushrooms/parsely yum.

04-06-2010
front row

Parisia: I would love your brownie recipe aswell!! I made Vegan brownies a few years ago and they were amazing! I have tried to make them again on several occasions but they have been nowhere near as good!

EXOskeleton: That sounds so yummy! I need to stop being so lazy with making vegan food!

What is you guys favorite vegan breakfast food? I like to make smoothies but sometimes i'm way too lazy!

04-06-2010
front row

one of my all time faves is a chickpea-coconutmilk-curry. it's so easy and so yummy.
here's a recipe I found online http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Cre...a-Curry-205289 I just don't use any soy sauce in it. and actually I prefer not to buy ready made curry paste, but put it together myself, unless I am feeling lazy, which happens quite often lately hehe

for breakfast I usually eat some muesli or toast/bread with some vegan spread and some vegetables. I love smoothies though! there is this super simple mix of soymilk and a banana which I always make when I have a hangover.

oh and my favorite muffin recipe comes from http://www.vegalicious.org - which is my favourite vegan recipe site, let alone for their beautiful pics of the food! anyway that's the recipe
http://www.vegalicious.org/2007/08/1...lemon-muffins/

you set the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimii View Post
What is you guys favorite vegan breakfast food? I like to make smoothies but sometimes i'm way too lazy!
I don't eat a lot in the morning so usually just a quite bite of something is fine, like peanut butter or fruit (esp. frozen dark sweet cherries ).

04-06-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I made 'overnight oatmeal' for the first time last night, and could be a good vegan option for breakfast. Basically you soak your oats in liquid (I used almond milk because it's lovely and sweet) overnight, and then serve in the morning with your topping of choice. I had mine with a sliced banana and a small amount of agave nectar (vegan alternative to honey) - super delicious!

scenester

^like Bircher museli?

07-06-2010
V.I.P.

I love vegan food and find really great recipes, the only thing that bothers me is the majority of them don't show the calorie content i.e fat, sodium, sugar, carb grams. I know this food is healthier for me but I would still like to see the calorie content. Does anyone else have this problem?

scenester

to be honest, no. just as long it's a balanced meal (ie: vegetables/protein/carbs)

14-06-2010
front row

The breakfast suggestions sound great! Belowen I'm going to try overnight oatmeal, and I have heard amazing things about almond milk!

Do you guys have any suggestions about Vegan cafes/restaurants in Paris? Or just somewhere that could cater for Vegans! I'm visiting for a week at the end of July and am a little worried about finding great places

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, thread, vegan, vegetarian