Vitamins That Are Good For Your Skin - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2008
front row

oh, and just once a day is all you need for the vitamin E...sorry for double post!!!

V.I.P.

I think people/models usually have great skin because they eat healthy and get their vitamins from foods in which the vitamens occur naturally in.
When I go through phases were I am less stressed and eat better my skin is always way nicer.

Taking supplements just isn't the same....

One misconception is that the more Vitamins one takes the better. But by taking supplements you can overdose on vitamins and have serious symptoms.

04-10-2008
front row

omega 3 all the way, zinc, vitamin E & lots of vitamin c fruits.using minimal products and these keep my skin glowing ..& nothing beats the beach for making skin look mighty fine~ salt water, sand & sun but def def with 30+ all over

front row

So what would be considered a vitamin overdose? I hardly eat veggies at all and I know I never get the right essentials. And I really want to start taking vitamins.

Last edited by statonscarlet; 04-10-2008 at 01:33 PM.
04-10-2008
fashion icon

I'm interested in trying Zinc once I come off my anti-biotics (I can't take the 2 at the same time), do you take just one a day?

04-10-2008
trendsetter

I'm so bad with taking vitamins regularly
I always forget about them!

07-10-2008
front row

i take 2 fish oil, 1 vit e & 1 zinc in the mornin, & 2 fish oil at night & use aloe vera gel as eye gel

tfs star

Anyone take collagen supplements? It's one of the major skin supplements Japanese women take. They swear by it but Ive never taken it regularly...

07-10-2008
V.I.P.

they aren't really "vitamins" but i started taking Schuessler salts in summer! they are not only good for your skin but also for everything regarding your body (skin, hair, bones...). there are many different salts of them so you can just go to the nearest pharmacy (if they carry it in your country) and then you can get information what kind of salt you need, for example, to get better skin

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
I'm interested in trying Zinc once I come off my anti-biotics (I can't take the 2 at the same time), do you take just one a day?
do you mind me asking why you cant take the two at same time?

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdsel View Post
do you mind me asking why you cant take the two at same time?
It says on the info. slip not to take zinc,calcium,iron or aluminium suplements. And a whole list of other stuff

09-10-2008
front row

Right now I'm taking Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Zinc, and a regular Multi Vitamin. Does anyone know when it's most beneficial to consume the vitamins i.e. Morning/Night? And/or with which meal i.e. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner?

09-10-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
It says on the info. slip not to take zinc,calcium,iron or aluminium suplements. And a whole list of other stuff
ah okay
I just freaked out because I had been on antibiotics whilst taking zinc...

angela - I think its best to take them with food but I dont know if it matters what time you take them.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela xx View Post
Right now I'm taking Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Zinc, and a regular Multi Vitamin. Does anyone know when it's most beneficial to consume the vitamins i.e. Morning/Night? And/or with which meal i.e. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner?
When the body uses it the more.
Before sleeping to help cellular renewal and after a moment of pollution stress like staying in a smoking area...
It's been stated that vitamin C prevents from sleeping correctly, it has been said the contrary... I've been eating fruits before sleeping for long now and always felt comfortable with that. I have no idea which statement is true and in this case I think I'd better refer to what I've tried...
But for sure I think it has real chances to prevent from sleeping if one do believe that it prevents from sleeping, as a placebo effect.

I'm not sure about complements vitamins benefits as the benefit of vitamins is closely linked with parameters like dosages and combinations (the ones that define the structure of a veg / fruit)

Vitamin A:
found in veg/fruits like tomatoes, carotts, peppers, pumpkins, apricots, mostly red-orange veg/fruits actually
also found in butter, eggs
Fat (oil, butter cheese etc. ) helps vitamin A to get absorbed by the body. Unlike Vitamin C, Vitamin A doesn't disappear through the process of heating and cooked meals of tomato, carotts, peperoni... still contains vitamin A.
Vitamin E:
can be found in butter, vegetal oils, nuts, almonds.
Vitamin C:
found in raw vegs /fruits:
parsley, oranges, strawberries, kiwis, apples, broccoli, zucchini, papaw, green pepper, Brussels sprouts, blackcurrant ...
This vitamin can be damaged by the process of heating so eating raw veg is adviced to get all the benefit of Vitamin C.

09-10-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdsel View Post
ah okay
I just freaked out because I had been on antibiotics whilst taking zinc...

angela - I think its best to take them with food but I dont know if it matters what time you take them.
Ohmygosh I didn't mean to worry you! I'm on them for acne and I'm taking a huge dosage all the day

Wow,thanks mariemaud for the good info!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
good, skin, vitamins