Vitamins That Are Good For Your Skin - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2008
trendsetter

^thanks for all the great info so far! i have been considering taking zinc, but i heard in high doses it can be toxic. My multi has 15mg and i'm assuming i get some from my diet too, what really is a good dose to take?

16-10-2008
front row

you should not take more than 50mg of Zinc per day. I have 50mg pills, and they have been approved by my doc as an acceptable amount. try not to go over this amount, but dont stress too much if you think you eat a diet rich in Zinc already, cause its unlikly it will be toxic unless you are eating a ton of zinc....too much of a good thing DOES apply with vitamins as well though, so just be sensible. plus, getting your supplements thru food is the best way cause your body can absorb it better, so if you eat a diet rich in zinc, thats better than taking the pill.

front row

thank you mariemaud!

16-10-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
Anyone take collagen supplements? It's one of the major skin supplements Japanese women take. They swear by it but Ive never taken it regularly...
i know in a lot of the asian countries they sell collagen to put on your skin, and drinks with extra collagen inside. some people tell me it really works, and your skin looks better, but i don't think that's necessary to take yet (especially if you're still young). in addition to that you have to sleep between 10PM-12 i think... and if you think collagen supplements are too expensive, eating egg whites is good enough

20-10-2008
V.I.P.

... this thread is so intresting. I'm off to the store tomorrow, to but some Vitamin A & E!
so.. anyone who takes both of these tablets? A internally? day and night?
and E, open the capsule and rub onto marks e.t.c?

what does the Zinc tablet do?

20-10-2008
front row

yeah, you can take vit. E & A internally, once a day with food, and also rub the Vit. E on marks daily. its a good combo for skin!!

Zinc:
Zinc treatmentis very effective to reduce oil from the skin. It is also helpful to give birth to the new white blood cells and may protect the body from free radicals.
Zinc comes in the form of Zinc gluconate or Zinc Sulfate to prevent acne. Zinc picolinate is also necessary for removing acne and it is the combination of an organic salt and zinc. Zinc acts similar to tetracycline for reducing acne from the skin of body.

Source: Beautyfeast.com

Last edited by kfan; 20-10-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: double post
20-10-2008
backstage pass

i have used Oil of Olay vitamin set for a long time. It worked wonders for me. But it is off the market in the US. I find little packets aimed at skin care is very beneficial in the long run. They tend to cost more but it is so convenient. You don't have to count how many grams of what it is done for you...

trendsetter

kfan how much zinc do you recommend supplementing w/? I get 15mg from my multivitamin and perhaps 10mg or so from my diet? (am unsure about this)

22-10-2008
front row

I would just take either a half of a regular, standard Zinc pill of 50 mg (simply split it in half--save the other half for next day). My mom works for a vitamin company, and knows lots about vitamins, and I asked her about zinc. she told me its imporatant to not get too much, but to not stress about it. some people take 100 mg of Zinc a day, but I'd stay with half of a pill, or 25 mgs if you get zinc from other sources and you just want to supplement it.

trendsetter

^ thank you so much for your response kfan! I really appreciate it

23-10-2008
V.I.P.

Okay.. seriously. I have been taking Multi Vitamins, and Vitamin E internally for 2 days. On each morning. My skin has totally cleared, looks much better. I actually opened the Vitamin E capsule and put it on the red mark and it's practically gone!

scenester

did you have to steam your face before you did that? was the red mark almost like a scar?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babypink920 View Post
^ thank you so much for your response kfan! I really appreciate it

no problem!

backstage pass

This thread is so informative, thanks to all of you! I'm making a list of what vitamins to get, you guys are the best

windowshopping

what dosage of vitamin A and E do you guys take? thanks!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
good, skin, vitamins