How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-11-2004
front row

Vitamins / Supplements for Skin, Hair & Nails
Has anyone ever tried Great earth Personal Care Beautiful Hair Vitamins? I read about them in an article from Lucky Magazine. I bought them from the great earth website and started taking them 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if anyone has really seen any benefit from taking viatmins targeted for your hair? Not that I expected any change yet, I am curious as to how long I will have to take them to see a difference? I have a really hard time taking vitamins, they make me very sick I would appreciate anyone sharing thier experience with hair vitamins. Thanks!

12-11-2004
front row

Vitamins for hair, skin, nails?
Has anyone ever tried Great earth Personal Care Beautiful Hair Vitamins? I read about them in an article from Lucky Magazine. I bought them from the great earth website and started taking them 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if anyone has really seen any benefit from taking viatmins targeted for your hair? Not that I expected any change yet, I am curious as to how long I will have to take them to see a difference? I have a really hard time taking vitamins, they make me very sick I would appreciate anyone sharing thier experience with hair vitamins. Thanks!

12-11-2004
backstage pass

If they make you sick, try taking them with food (and plenty of water). I haven't tried these ones, but good luck.

19-11-2004
rising star

Hi i have tryed vitamins and they will make u feel sick if u dont eat with them,coz i was not eatin with them and they was making me ill,putting me off taking them ,then i went to holland and barrot and ask why this was happening and they said u need to eat with them or they will make u feel ill.I take kelp tablets and they r meant to be good for your hair.

front row

Hi, thanks for the advice. I know take them with some pretzels or crackers right before I go to bed. I was still feeling sick when I took them with dinner. So it seems to be working a little better for me taking them right before I fall asleep with some crackers. I still have not seen any difference in my hair yet!

25-11-2004
fashion insider

Hi sandrac823. I have taken hair vitamins in the past to make my hair grow out from bad cuts. I forget what they were, but i got them from some website and I couldn't really tell if they were working because i didn't measure my hair as it grew out, and it was growing out from a short bob and it seemed like forever anyway!

but now I am taking some vitamins called 'Eluhair" and they are very good. I have been taking them for about a month, and my hair is really shiny and has a lot of body and I really think it is growing faster. they smell bad, and they're really big so I always take them with a drink or when I am eating lunch. my roomate and my mom said it looks like my hair is a lot longer from when i got it cut in september.

04-12-2004
front row

I may have to try that line. So far it has been 6 weeks and have seen no improvement. Also, I am still getting sick I take them right before bed or else I can ot take them at all. I am supposed to take 2 a day but am only taking one. I wonder if that is why they do not seem to be working? I do not think my hair is growing and still seems dry. But can hair vitamins cure that? I am going to look up 'Eluhair" online. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by AbbeyRoad@Nov 26 2004, 12:10 AM
Hi sandrac823. I have taken hair vitamins in the past to make my hair grow out from bad cuts. I forget what they were, but i got them from some website and I couldn't really tell if they were working because i didn't measure my hair as it grew out, and it was growing out from a short bob and it seemed like forever anyway!

but now I am taking some vitamins called 'Eluhair" and they are very good. I have been taking them for about a month, and my hair is really shiny and has a lot of body and I really think it is growing faster. they smell bad, and they're really big so I always take them with a drink or when I am eating lunch. my roomate and my mom said it looks like my hair is a lot longer from when i got it cut in september.
[snapback]440118[/snapback]

23-07-2005
tfs star

Vitamins for hair, skin, nails?
I take a multivitamin every day (Women's OneADay). I'm wondering what the best vitamins for skincare are. I'm sure the multivitamin covers a decent amount but is there anything really terrific when it comes to anti-aging, cell renewal, etc.?

Pardon me if this has already been discussed...

23-07-2005
scenester

I heard vitamin E works wonders when it comes to anti-ageing. You can usually find it in jelly like capsules so you can both swallow them with a glass of water or you can sting the capsules with a needle and apply the oily vitamin directly to your skin.
Also, you can take coenzime Q10 for cell renewal and vitamine A -good even when it comes to protection against the sun's rays.
For skin problems like acne, one should take vitamins C (2-3/day),E, B12 (1/month), folic acid (1/day) and spirulin, which is really a complex of vitamins (1,2/day).

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I've heard that Vitamin E is good, as well.

Try fish oil pills if you don't get your regular intake of Omega 3s. I take three a day.

25-07-2005
rising star

Skin Care Supplements
i'm looking for a skin care supplement, hopefully those that can prevent ance and repair scars...boosting collagen...?

any reconmends?

05-11-2005
The mod squad

Vitamins for Skin, Hair & Nails
I would like to know what kind vitamin you should take for the skin?
And does it make any difference taking them?

Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Zink is good for your skin, so is silicium, Vitamine E and gammalinoleic acid also called GLA

And yes I think it does, 1/2 a year before my wedding I started taking vitamines and getting frequent facials..so wether its one or the other or a combination that made my skin look great for my wedding I can't say..but my nails became super strong...so that was one way of seeing how the vitamines affected my body.

Last edited by Hanne; 05-11-2005 at 04:08 PM.
05-11-2005
The mod squad

Thanks Hanne
I've seen your skin, it's flawless!

Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Not right now..my beauty regiment is shot to pieces by a demanding baby and lack of sleep (can't take silicium and GLA..because I'm still breastfeeding)

But thank you for the compliment

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair, nails, skin, supplements, vitamins