How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2005
windowshopping

Waterproofing your face
I need some input please. I will be staying at a beachhouse for one week with some friends and i wanted to get some opions on what is the best makeup items that are waterproof.

I am talking about the whole face from foundation to eyes to lips

Aloha & Thanks in advance

23-03-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahulagirl
I need some input please. I will be staying at a beachhouse for one week with some friends and i wanted to get some opions on what is the best makeup items that are waterproof.

I am talking about the whole face from foundation to eyes to lips

Aloha & Thanks in advance
A good allround waterproof make up sealer that can be used untop of your regular eyeliner/kohl, mascara (tho' waterproof mascara would be better), and lipstick is Benefits She Laq ..I went snorkling wearing eyeliner that I had given a topcoat of she laq and it didn't run or in any way look different after I had been in the water.

As for foundation on your face..I'm not sure I understand why you would want to wear that..I'd go with a bronzing daycreme w. spf..but thats just me.

pinterest : hanneonpin
23-03-2005
windowshopping

Thanks Hanne!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
As for foundation on your face..I'm not sure I understand why you would want to wear that..I'd go with a bronzing daycreme w. spf..but thats just me.
I should have mentioned that I have some rosacea mainly on my cheeks, but I am willing to try anything Thanks for your suggestions, I reallly appreciate it. I did see Benefit's She-Laq before but I wanted to make sure it worked, thanks to you now I know that it does.

I currently use Smash Box's Waterproof Mascara (I swim in the pool every day for exercise) but it always gives me Panda eyes. I have yet to find a waterproof eyeliner or mascara that does what it says. I guess those two products concern me the most

Aloha,
Janine

23-03-2005
tfs star

I'm a lifeguard and I use Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof mascara even when I'm not at work because it looks fantastic. It stays well and looks good. Best advice I can give ya.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, waterproofing