How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2009
Power to the 99%

For my sister's wedding, I had the Chanel makeup artist create my look, and then I did my makeup myself on the day. Worked out fine ...

15-08-2009
backstage pass

When in doubt, always go with neutral tones.

15-08-2009
Power to the 99%

Our dresses were a very intense emerald green ... I used Tempting Beige blush, golden eyeshadow tones, and a red lipstick.

I really think it's quite enough to have matching dresses--I don't think the makeup has to match too ... but as I recall, others did use some stronger tones like I did.

I love an unmatched dresses look ...

15-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Our dresses were a very intense emerald green ... I used Tempting Beige blush, golden eyeshadow tones, and a red lipstick.

I really think it's quite enough to have matching dresses--I don't think the makeup has to match too ... but as I recall, others did use some stronger tones like I did.

I love an unmatched dresses look ...
Well people tend to get scared of the colors thing, so I usually recommend people go with neutral tones to play it safe.

What you used sounds perfect, though.

17-08-2009
trendsetter

I think its mainly because there will photos for a long time after so a timeless natural makeup is usually best IMO and save the bright colours for the hens night hehehe

Power to the 99%

^ Generally brides are wearing white or a light color, so light makeup is usually appropriate for them. It may be different if red is actually one of the wedding colors (as for a Christmas wedding), or for the bridesmaids if they're wearing an intense color. Had I worn all pale makeup, I would have looked washed out.

17-08-2009
trendsetter

yeah thats true it all depends on the person.. for me I think it would try get my wedding make up as close to natural as I can but if i were a bridemaids I dont think it matters as much just as long as its done tastefully

rising star

im to be doing my sisters wedding makeup soon, has anyone got any little hints or tips for me as to what will make it look best, focusing on face and lips mainly?

Power to the 99%

^ If she has the usual zillion bridal magazines, I'd take a peek in those for inspiration What are her wedding colors?

29-08-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionjunkiexx View Post
im to be doing my sisters wedding makeup soon, has anyone got any little hints or tips for me as to what will make it look best, focusing on face and lips mainly?
Keep in mind her normal makeup style (whether it's natural, dramatic etc) you want her to look like herself, concentrate on flawless skin and go from there. Also keep in mind that the fact that there will be a ton of photos so don't be afraid to put on a little more than you would in an everyday situation (don't cake anything on though ) professional photography will wash out makeup especially if there are outdoor shots. Also, don't use mineral makeup, or makeup with a lot of spf, it photographs horribly.

I'm getting married the end of september and I'll be doing a very retro, dita von teese look. I contemplated going with a very soft natural look and more nude lips but realized that that isn't my personality at all! And the one thing I would regret is looking back and wishing I had done my fav makeup style.

29-08-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Check out the pixiwoo channel on youtube... They have a lot of great bridal looks, both for oily and dry skin
I agree! I always go to her YouTube channel for advice. Her makeup is so gorgeous and flattering

06-09-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I've been reading the posts about natural makeup...

And the one thing that has stuck out to me is that I want to wear an amazing peach lipstick. I haven't bought any for the meantime simply because I haven't visited a makeup counter in forever (and haven't tried any NEW makeup lately). But I know two things... I want a beautiful peach color (I'm going vintage-style with my wedding look... antique/off white and birdcage veil) and I want a bit of shimmer on my cheeks.

07-09-2009
trendsetter

That sounds amazing ^

Well with "natural" only go with whats natural to you.. If you normally wear bright makeup etc then it would be strange to change that for your wedding.. If i ever get married I'd stick to my same colours and definatly some fake lashes so my eyes pop in the photos

In Bloom

Erin Be careful with shimmer...it doesn't photograph very well

we were in love

07-09-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Thanks for the advice, The Ida... I meant just a bit of Benefit High Beam on my cheekbones, like I normally do. Does that count as "shimmer"?

And Mk's Beauty Shop, YES, false eyelashes are a MUST! They're on my to-buy list.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, wedding