How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2009
In Bloom

^It may look nice mixed with foundation and then dabbed on - I think you should rehearse your wedding makeup and take pics of yourself with flash. Flash photography can make you look so odd

we were in love

08-09-2009
rising star

we are going with a very natural look for my sister, thats just her personality really, i think im going to use revlon colourstay foundation with powder over to set it. a nice matte peachy blush, with a nude/peachy lip colour and a defined crease on the eyes but with fairly light colours and then all set with a bit of fix + spray with my 187 brush to make it look dewy

front row

What I suggest is, whether you're doing your own makeup or someone else's (or hiring a mua) is do a test first. Even if you're positive you know exactly the look you want, you should try it our beforehand and take photos outside. That way you can see exactly how it's going to look and make any changes neccessary before the big day.
Another good reason, is that way you get to see how long and well the makeup will wear after a full day.
And remember, waterproof eyemakeup is a must! The last thing you want is to tear up during the ceremony and have mascara and liner running down your face!

08-09-2009
Power to the 99%

True confessions ... I tear up on an everyday basis, not just weddings :p A good commercial gets me. What works for me is no mascara/liner on the lower lid. I don't use waterproof mascara, because I hate oily eye makeup remover, and I don't want to work to get eye makeup off ... I'm sure that's bad for the delicate skin around the eyes. So you might try that ... it generally makes you look younger, and the other eye makeup slightly more dramatic by contrast.

If she really cries, the makeup on her face will need touching up. If she doesn't have a bridal handkerchief, since you're doing her makeup, I'd give her one

07-11-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I know I'm going to be a complete mess at my wedding. I like your suggestion of no liner on the lower lid... I have pale-ish skin and strawberry blonde hair, so color on the bottom of my eyes may look like too much on my wedding day.

I'm a sap like you, fashionista-ta - especially since lately I've been looking at wedding stuff... get teary eyed very easily..

01-05-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

As a bridal gift my mother booked a makeup and hair appointment for me. I'm very happy about that, but now feel even more compelled to find THE perfect look! Ah! Plus, My wedding is in Colorado and I live in Los Angeles, so a consultation is probably not in the cards for me...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, wedding