How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2010
windowshopping

Weleda Products
Hi guys. Ok so I feel slightly out of the loop. I'm a complete product whore but I have to admit I'd never heard of Weleda before today. According to a couple of magazines I was reading today, Jessica Stam uses the Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion and Jessica Alba uses the baby face cream. Has anyone used any Weleda products? I'm thinking I might hop on the band wagon so I wanna know which ones are worth buying? The products do look rather lovely on their website.

20-06-2010
rising star

I got 2 face creams: Almond and Iris.
I can't tell whether they work or not, cause I only used them once and I didn't like their smell at all.

20-06-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I have used some of the body products - the pomegranate body oil, and the hand cream and to be honest, the smell is sort of off putting. They are heavily fragranced, though I think it is all natural scent.

scenester

I've been using the almond cleansing lotion (face) religiously for months and I love it

20-06-2010
windowshopping

Thanks guys, hmmm the smell not sounding good then!? I LOVE rose scented things so I've been looking at the wild rose range. Miss Print is the cleansing lotion a 'put it on and remove with cotton pad' jobby?

20-06-2010
once more, with feeling

I use the Pomegranate hand cream and Skin Food. They both come in these toothpaste-type squeeze tubes, which is part of the reason I got them. They're very handy and portable, and I use them particularly on road trips and camping trips.

I don't find the smell of the creams off-putting, but I think that's a personal preference. I like that they don't smell like Bath and Body lotions, which are way too strong and synthetic for my tastes.

The Pomegranate hand cream isn't as thick as most hand creams, so I use it in the day time. I really like the Skin Food, though, and use it for all kinds of things: rough heels, chapped lips, flaking skin on my face. It's very thick and slightly oily.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookatme! View Post
Thanks guys, hmmm the smell not sounding good then!? I LOVE rose scented things so I've been looking at the wild rose range. Miss Print is the cleansing lotion a 'put it on and remove with cotton pad' jobby?
Kinda off topic, but my favorite moisturiser at the moment is Rose Cream Light by Dr.Hauschka... it smells yummy, it works and my dermatologist recommends it.

20-06-2010
windowshopping

Yeh I agree Quimby, I love products that feel & smell more natural. I'm addicted to skincare products from Lush so whenever I run out and have to use run-of-the-mill products I freak out a little bit as you can almost smell the chemicals!! I ordered a few products from AVON that are due to arrive next week (I wanted that cult eye cream they do and if you bought a night cream and some other face products you got it free) and now I'm kind of panicking that I've spent loads of money on products I wont use as they look really synthetic...one of the creams is bright blue!

Larita, I've wanted to try the Dr.Hauschka one out for ages!! You just reminded me! It gets great reviews....may go for that one! I do love Embryolisse too but it might be a bit thick for summer.

xx

20-06-2010
backstage pass

The smell is weird, a bit. Like olive oil with a bit wild rose for the pink line. Never really tried the other Weleda lines. They do have some nice things, but nothing extraordinary. I really loved the facial oil capsules they have, those smell like rose and the smell is truly natural, but not sickeningly sweet or nauseating. The oil capsules were also the only thing that made a difference to my skin as far moisturize and nourishment goes.
And their Everon lip balm is really great. Not the most perfect lip balm, but good enough, had also a bit natural sun protection, I think.

21-06-2010
tfs star

I use the Citrus hand cream which is amazing except for the aluminum tube which easily gets holes in it and leaks. Love the smell and texture, much better than l'Occitane. Skin Food is also great.

As much as I want to like them, their face products sort of made me break out, prefer Dr. Hauschka although it's more pricey.

I wish Weleda had a body milk/cream...they don't do they?

05-10-2010
front row

I am considering trying the Wild Rose Night Cream, but I'll wait and see if I can find a sample of it first. I think it's a little pricy for the amount you get.

rising star

I love their shampoos and shower gels and I also use the Skin Food which is so good for rough & dry skin.

09-10-2010
windowshopping

I have used the rose bodylotion and their citrus spray deodorant. Weleda is a very nice mostly natural product, and that is the stuff I prefer! I definitely think people should focuss more on natural body care, all those chemicals can't be good for us...

09-10-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
I wish Weleda had a body milk/cream...they don't do they?
They do, I have used their Wild Rose body milk, it is verrry nice!

14-04-2011
tfs star

Just ordered Skin Food. We'll see how it goes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
products, weleda