How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2005
V.I.P.

Chanel Allure Homme
JPG Le Male

Im thinking of getting that Hanae Mori fragrance, Haute Couture, it smells fantastic. When, oh, when will McQueen release his mens fragrance?

06-04-2005
|/mirror queen\|

I am only using the D&G Feminine although i also have but not using at the mo is Gucci Rush, Kenzo Flower and The Body Shop´s Vanilla.

Does anybody uses any Anna Suy perfumes? I am curious about the Anna Sui Love, the one wich has a butterfly shapped bottle but can´t get it here.

06-04-2005
V.I.P.

clive christian x
issey miyake
paris hilton the fragrance

06-04-2005
fashion insider

You have Clive Christian!?!?!

Last edited by Arturo21; 06-04-2005 at 06:28 PM.
06-04-2005
fashion elite

I use VS Vanilla Lace for everyday/weekend
some old Chloe stuff for work (dont really like it too much but a gift from my aunt in law so I dont wanna just toss it )
And for evening/formal I use Angel.

06-04-2005
scenester

It's nice to hear that other people use Narciso Rodriguez--that's what I've been using a lot. However, I also have eternity by Calvin Klein.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had tried Michael Kors Island yet??? Do you like it? Thanks

06-04-2005
front row

I'm not really into perfumes - for me it's more important to find one good scent that I want to make "my scent". For the last year and a half it's been Aquolina Pink Sugar. Yum!

07-04-2005
V.I.P.

L'Occitaine Vanilla Scent..smells like cake

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemian rhapsody
I'm not really into perfumes - for me it's more important to find one good scent that I want to make "my scent". For the last year and a half it's been Aquolina Pink Sugar. Yum!
My signature scent is Pink Sugar as well. Loads of people recognize me by it! The best thing is that they don't sell it here, I buy it when I'm abroad on holiday, so no one smells like me.

V.I.P.

I love jadore by dior as well...and boys should wear calvin klein eternity

rising star

L'Occitane Vanille - the boys for some odd biazarre reason love this. I don't know why. In the words of one of my best guys friends "you smell so good I could pass out"
Lolita Lempicka

and planning on putting Nanette Lepore in there somewhere too

07-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
etro's new tradition
hermes caleche
body shop's lemon tea

ps> hanne, i think this is a different kind of thread than the one you posted the link from , its not all time fave perfumes but just the ones on 'rotation' at this moment
Thank you for replying to Hanne for me, Lena!

07-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Does anybody use any Anna Sui perfumes? I am curious about Anna Sui Love, the one which has a butterfly-shaped bottle, but I can't get it here.
Anna Sui Love is a floral-oriental blend of bergamot, passion fruit, osmanthus, pink pepper, jasmine, marigold, white rose, water lily, tuberose, orange flower, Italian violet, vanilla madagascar, ambrette seed and rich musk. I received a bottle of it for my birthday last year, but I don't really like it that much as I prefer warm and comforting scents with vanilla and amber notes. It would make a nice summer fragrance, though, if that is what you are looking for.

I also find that the lasting power of this perfume is weaker than other Anna Sui fragrances. I guess this probably explains the butterfly-shaped bottle - the scent is definitely beautiful, but fleeting. If you want an Anna Sui fragrance that smells wonderful and lasts, get Dreams instead.

I hope this helped!

07-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by callaLily
Also, I was wondering if anyone had tried Michael Kors Island yet. Do you like it? Thanks!
Michael Kors Island smells less tropical and more 'watery' to me. I feel that this is just a generic fruity floral, and that it is not worth its price. Some of my friends claim they can smell warm beach sand after an hour of application, though, so if you want to be reminded of your last island getaway, this is the scent for you!

I hope this helped!

07-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
I use VS Vanilla Lace for everyday/weekend, some old Chloe stuff for work (I don't really like it too much but a gift from my aunt-in-law, so I dont wanna just toss it), and for evening/formal I use Angel.
Does Vanilla Lace have an underlying synthetic note to you? I read so many rave reviews about it and rushed out to purchase it, but was disappointed by how far away it was from the perfect gourmand scent that so many others have described. I really wonder if I got a bad bottle.

I still prefer L'Occitane Vanille for a pure vanilla scent. It was discontinued last year, though, so I am currently looking for a good replacement before I deplete my 100 ml bottle.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fragrances, rotation