How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

What the heck happened to me last night?
Last night in the middle of the night, I woke up and rolled over on my side, and discovered that I couldn't move my left arm! I tried to lift it, and it felt really heavy but I couldn't make it move at all! I freaked out and woke my boyfriend up and he massaged it for me. After about a minute I could move it again, but for the rest of the night it felt funny.

This has never happened to me before! Does anyone know what could have caused this? I was sleeping on my back and then rolled to my side, so it's not like the arm was trapped under my body. Help!

29-03-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

It probably was stuck under your body at some point and you just didn't realize it. Honestly this happens to me all the time since i sleep with one arm under the pillow. Once it happened and the phone was ringing and i woke up and ran to get it but my arm literally wasn't moving so instead of using my other arm to pick up the phone i just started moving my body to swing my arm to knock the phone off the hook I'm not really 'with it' when i first wake up

29-03-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Thanks, I'm glad it happens to someone else! That makes me feel a little better. I freaked out so bad when it was happening that I thought I was having a seizure or blood clot or something.

29-03-2007
fashion elite

oo man thats soo funny!
the first time that happened to me a long time ago..i started SCREAMING for my mother to come upstairs because i thought i was dieing or something! lol

29-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ I fall asleep on my arm alot also and similar things happen. I can raise it, but it feels heavy, but that usualy goes away after a few minutes. I wouldnt worry about it.

V.I.P.

What about sleep paralysis? I don't know if it can be only partial though.

fashion insider

That happened to my grandpa and then he died from a stroke. But seriously, it's happened to me before, it just loses all the blood from the arm and usually during the night your energy levels get really low from lack of food so..it's a pretty horrible situation.

30-03-2007
Storm & Sommer

If I sit for prolonged periods of time without being able to move (in a car or at the movies) one of my legs sometimes 'fall asleep' eg becomes unresponsive.. I think its fairly common..

pinterest : hanneonpin
30-03-2007
V.I.P.

i had that happen once, freaky

30-03-2007
backstage pass

once my right hand went numb and i couldn't move it for a couple of minutes because i had kind of slept on it. yes i freaked out, but i'm still alive and able to move both of my hands. it hasn't happened again after that, fortunately. so i guess it wasn't very dangerous in my case..

30-03-2007
backstage pass

Location: Second or Third Circle of Hell, depending on the day
I once woke up and was in the middle of a bout of sleep paralysis - I couldn't move at all for about two minutes. Very scary.

30-03-2007
windowshopping

It is very common in people who sllep with one arm under the pillow.
its to do with circulation

Brooklyn, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
If I sit for prolonged periods of time without being able to move (in a car or at the movies) one of my legs sometimes 'fall asleep' eg becomes unresponsive.. I think its fairly common..
This was different from that - my limbs "fall asleep" fairly often. But when that happens, I can still move the limb. It just feels funny. But with the thing that happened to me the other night, I literally couldn't even move it, and it didn't have that tingly feeling that happens when my limbs "fall asleep".

Thanks for the responses everyone - some of them are quite scary. I hope this doesn't happen to me again!

31-03-2007
trendsetter

oh that happend to me too! ALso, in the legs sometimes. I know it's pretty scary but don't worry unless it happens often.

31-03-2007
seagreen serenades

this happens to me often enough, too. also because of the pillow. i quite like the feeling... (or lack of) it's not often you get to feel disconnected from your own body...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
happened, heck, night