How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2011
front row

Loccitane shear butter. YUM!

25-12-2011
Deep Red Bells

I really like Caudile's hand and nail cream.
It was a gift so I don't know how much it goes for but I always think their products are worth the cost.

rising star

Laura Mercier Creme Brulee. It doesn't leave a greasy film, smells amazing and actually heals your skin.

windowshopping

I'm currently using Burt Bees hand salve. I have tried Laura Mercier. It smells great but I need something more potent. This winter has been tragic on my hands!!!

This one:

Last edited by ~ YSL MUSE ~; 20-01-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: add link
12-03-2012
I don't know

I swear by Crabtree and Evelyn's Gardeners Hand Therapy Cream

the smell can be a bit off putting but it works magic on the skin.. by far the best one I've ever tried

13-03-2012
V.I.P.

I LOVE Mary Kay TimeWise Body- Hand and Décolleté Cream Sunscreen SPF 15. I have extremely sensitive hands and it rescued them when they were dry, chapped and really bad looking.

15-03-2012
earthbound

Any of the L'Occitane and Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams! I find them very similar in their texture, and they smell so nice, too.
I also LOVE Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. It smells minty and sinks into the skin very quickly.

The Nuxe Rêve de miel Nail and Hand cream and the Kibio intemporelle are OK for days that don't require too many hand washing.

The ones I dislike, because of their greasyness and because they take a little longer to sink in completely: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (but I love it for elbows), Neutrogena Norwegian Formula and Glysomed. Although very artificial, the ones from Bath & Body Works smell nice but do not hydrate for long at all.

03-04-2012
rising star

I had one by l'Occitane for a while but got fed up with the smell. I'm a sucker fro their packaging though.

My new favorite is made by Neutrogena, it's super concentraded, not perfumed, and not sticky at all.

15-01-2013
windowshopping

I really love Kora Organics Hand Cream as well as the Aveda Hand Relief. Both are incredibely moisturising and smell wonderful.

20-01-2013
rising star

My hands are so dry due to over-washing them, that they bleed, crack and are permanently red. It's unattractive and painful. All hand creams or lotions I've tried just make them burn. For anyone with the same problem, I recommend plain Vaseline or Homeoplasmine, it has the same consistency but with more healing properties, I think. I apply either and then wear gloves overnight, it's the only thing that seems to help.

20-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemieLeigh View Post
My hands are so dry due to over-washing them, that they bleed, crack and are permanently red. It's unattractive and painful. All hand creams or lotions I've tried just make them burn. For anyone with the same problem, I recommend plain Vaseline or Homeoplasmine, it has the same consistency but with more healing properties, I think. I apply either and then wear gloves overnight, it's the only thing that seems to help.

you might also want to ask your pharmacist for a stronger cream.

have you tried aquafor? i use it at night when i am sick with the flu and my nose is read.

fashion insider

I adore hand creams by L'Occitane. I have 4 of them, one in bathroom, one in bedroom and two in my purse. They make my hands really soft even though I have extra dry skin.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

The best one is Garnier's Hand Cream Intensive 7 Days SOS-Repair with Shea Butter. My mother suffered from terrible, rough skin and keens (cracked skin).. until I bought her this cheap fixture. I've also been using it for the sheer heck of it and even I have noticed a difference, on what I thought, were soft hands. It's just incredible and has worked wonders.

fashion elite

I like H20's hand bream, i can't think of the name but they sell it at Ulta. it's not too thick but not too light and it soaks in nicely and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on your hands like i often find with alot of hand creams. also, it helps your nails and cuticles too which is a nice benefit in hand creams.

EDIT: just found it online. it's a nice price and it lasts you forever.
http://www.skinstore.com/p-5856-H2O-...!g!!9406931576

Last edited by lelaid; 21-01-2013 at 07:44 AM.
25-01-2013
tfs star

During the winter, my hands seem to get especially dry and cracked. normally throughout the year, unscented aveeno or st. ive's seems to do the job, but for the middle of winter when my skin seems to suffer the most, i use a cream called 'George's' for my hands and feel it's very helpful. It's over the counter at most drugstores or even grocery stores, unscented, but quite a bit thicker in consistency than st. ive's and such, which helps it stay on your hands longer and not get wiped off so easily.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cream, good, hand, what's