How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2013
V.I.P.

I love Clarins Hand cream smells delicious.

28-01-2013
front row

My favourite is Lush Lemony Flutter. Smells amazing, feels like butter and absorbs so quickly. So great for my cuticles too!

28-01-2013
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
My favourite is Lush Lemony Flutter. Smells amazing, feels like butter and absorbs so quickly. So great for my cuticles too!
Please provide the credit for the picture or it will have to be deleted, thanks

29-01-2013
front row

Yes, so sorry - I thought I had written the source! It's from lush.com

29-01-2013
tfs star

has anyone else heard that scented creams like those from the body shop as well as bath and body works actually dry out your hands more than anything else, due to the alcohol present in them to enable the fragrance? a friend of my said that, and i found that interesting... wonder if it's true?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
has anyone else heard that scented creams like those from the body shop as well as bath and body works actually dry out your hands more than anything else, due to the alcohol present in them to enable the fragrance? a friend of my said that, and i found that interesting... wonder if it's true?
It's really weird because I've never actually seen any hand products, aside from hand sanitizers, that contain any volatile alcohols. While Body Shop does have some ingredients in their products that use the word 'alcohol', like, cetearyl alcohol (fatty alcohol) or benzyl alcohol (broad spectrum preservative), both are not drying.

It can be confusing, but this might help: http://personalcaretruth.com/2010/12/alcohol-free/

29-01-2013
V.I.P.

I forgot the 8 hour hand cream by EA, it smells like a factory but it's super confortable because it's incredibly moisturizing and nourishing but doesn't left any sticky nor oily feel after using it. I finished one this week, I need more!

30-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcBarna View Post
I forgot the 8 hour hand cream by EA, it smells like a factory but it's super comfortable
I feel like I know exactly the smell you're talking about.

I'm going to pick up so Kiehl's hand salve today, I've never used it but this winter has been murder on my hands.

31-01-2013
Power to the 99%

i'm pretty happy with origins make a difference right now.

03-02-2013
fashion icon

I'm loving Garnier intensive 7 days sos repair hand cream. My hands go through a lot with work and I've noticed that they haven't been getting dry or chapped since I started using it. I love it even more because it is cheap

10-02-2013
tfs star

I love my new L'Occitane Marvellous Flowers hand cream.

strut120.com

It's a lovely light cream, sinks in immediately and leaves my hands feeling soft. Oh, and the smell! It makes it so enjoyable to use.

Another favourite of mine is Nuxe Rêve de Miel Hand & Nail Cream.

beautysage.com

I also like to use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Concentrated Hand Cream before going to bed.

cheapbeautyproductsonline.co.uk

25-02-2013
scenester

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream -- Light fruity grape scent and absorbs very quickly leaving behind no residue or greasy feel whatsoever. It's very nice, but doesn't seem to get rid of the dryness of my cuticles all that well. Retails for $15 for 2.5 oz and I'd say it's worth the money.

Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream -- Powdery, almost medicinal scent that I still haven't grown accustomed to. However, this absorbs almost instantly and turns into a very watery consistency. It makes hands feel very nourished, but the scent lingers. I won't be repurchasing. $10 for 1.7 oz.

~H20 Spa Hand and Nail Cream -- Light, fresh, aquatic scent. Sinks in fairly quickly though it leaves a slightly greasy feeling for a minute. Makes hands feel like silk and eliminates dry cuticles. I picked up a 8.25 oz pump bottle of this for $3.99 at TJ Maxx. What a steal.

Soap&Glory Hand Food -- Has a very strong floral scent that reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie, but it doesn't linger beyond 15 minutes. Absorbs fairly well, but also slightly greasy film if you use too much or are trying to pick up a pen to write. I didn't find this to be all that moisturizing and the scent turned rancid after only a month or so. Not impressed, but I guess you get what you pay for. $5 for 1.7oz.

Burts Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream -- Extremely emollient and thick. Definitely greasy, and best suited as a nighttime hand treatment or for elbows, knees, or feet. Usable during the day if you take only a small dab on the backs of your hands and rub together. It has a strong almond/ praline scent that I find addictive in the pot, but the scent changes into more a milky, musty scent when you apply it. Comes in a glass jar with tin screw-on lid and retails for $9 for 2 oz.

12-03-2013
V.I.P.

I like dove. It does the job. Also body shop has one which is great. Cant remember the name

13-03-2013
front row

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fragrance-Free, Glysomed Fragrance-Free, and Glysolid are my current favorites.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cream, good, hand, what's