How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2006
Power to the 99%

Thanks for all the recommendations--I will have to try Aveda's.

The best I have found is Beauticontrol's hand repair lotion. I believe it's unscented, although it has a very slight pleasant clean smell to it.

I do not like Ahava or Burt's Bees banana beeswax hand cream. My dog is wild about the banana one and wants to lick my hands, but I am not because of the terrible greasy residue and feel. I also don't like Mary Kay's Satin Hands or whatever it's called. (Someone keeps giving it to me, so I use it sometimes ...) I also don't like the way any of these smell, but generally do like the way all of Aveda's products smell.

Does MAC make a hand cream?

12-01-2006
rising star

i love palmer's cocoa butter! great smell, and keeps hands nice and moist.

12-01-2006
scenester

amazing product, specifically blended for the high desert, so very moisturising. all organic botanicals. no synthetics. check out their site for info on their spa line. great stuff, very reasonably priced for the quality!

desertblends.com

26-01-2006
Power to the 99%

Just wanted to note that I bought the Aveda, and do not like it. If my hands are really chapped (as they get in the wintertime), it turns them red & burns like heck. Even if it doesn't turn them red, it doesn't really work. Like now ... I used it this morning after my shower, and now a few hours later my hands have little cracks in them. My R hand looks a bit reptilian in fact ... :p

26-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsq
using this right now, great product. but my jar says 98% natural, not 100%...go figure

www.burtsbees.com
I love this hand cream!

27-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHavoc
I love Crabtree and Evelyn's Hand Therapy. There are a lot of great scents to choose from.
This is my Holy Grail hand creme!!!

27-01-2006
front row

i also use l'occitanes shea butter hand creme. I'm always scrubbing into surgeries and the scrub soap takes off all your natural oils on your hands, leaving them cracked at the end of the day. all the female surgeons and residents use this lotion.

fashion icon

I think any cream works well if you apply a bigger amount 2-3x a day (only in the first 1-2 days, than you can do it 1-2x) and wear cotton gloves!
I used to have ugly dry hands but not anymore!
Anyway i use several creams depending on my mood:

-Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey body lotion (i'm sure i don't need to introduce this gorgeous fragrance )
-Cinnamon foot balm by Avon (yes, foot balm, it's very good for really dry skin and it's flavour works well for me as an anti-depressant But i'm afraid it's not available anymore. )
-Cherry and Almond body lotion by Oriflame (also a great scent)

27-01-2006
fashion icon

I have to agree with the Crabtree and Evelyn hand therapy and the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. I have both in the small sizes - I love the foil packaging and they fit prefectly in your bag . But I gotta say, that Burt's Bees hand creme..... The packaging intrigues me.....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
I like Earth Therapeutics Gardener's Hand Repair. Does a good job and does not leave a messy residue on your hands.
I like the packaging for some reason

27-01-2006
fashion icon

^ Good packaging always gets my attention .

windowshopping

Kiehl's Intensive Treatment and Moisturizer for dry or calloused areas ($21) really thick so it's best to use it at night time, and even better leave gloves on over night too... you'll wake up to such soft hands. I don't want to sound like a broken record... I'm sure you have all heard of L'occitane Shea Butter hand cream, but it really does work, and it smells great too... it's good for daytime use because it's not sticky even though it is thick

08-02-2009
girl who fell to earth

bump!

this thread is almost two years old so in terms of products and recommendations i'm thinking it could use some updating :p

i'm on the hunt for a new hand cream because i haven't been loving any of the ones that i already have..

i used the burt's bees beewax creams for a while but never really got used to their oily/greasy texture (i hate putting it on in the car and then getting the steering wheel all oily )

and i also don't really like the scents... the banana and bitter almond both kind of gross me out to be honest... though i was in denial about that for a while...

so... any good recommendations for a hand cream...
it's so essential to have a good one during these cold/dry winters

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

I love Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream.

saks.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clarinshand.jpg (5.7 KB, 1 views)

08-02-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I'm very happy with my Pre de Provence shea butter foot cream ... I'll have to try the L'Occitane shea butter for hands ... I'm having trouble with mine too. For some reason my skin has never been more dry than it is this winter Others have been complaining too & even resorting to hideous things like Vaseline, so I think it's not just me getting older For my face I've been using Origins Plantidote (Dr Weil) face cream ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cream, good, hand, what's