How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-02-2009
windowshopping

Hand creams...
Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
I have to agree with the Crabtree and Evelyn hand therapy and the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. I have both in the small sizes - I love the foil packaging and they fit prefectly in your bag . But I gotta say, that Burt's Bees hand creme..... The packaging intrigues me.....
I too love the L'Occitane and the Crabtree & Evelyn creams - they are divine!!! I was also recently given some Aveda Hand Relief that has been surprisingly lovely to use. The scent is light but pleasant and it's absorbed very quickly I'll keep you posted :-)

09-02-2009
front row

I'm addicted to the Crabtree and Evelyn rosewater hand cream! It smells amazing, absorbs quickly and makes my hands like silk.

09-02-2009
backstage pass

My favorite is Burt's Bee's Almond Milk hand cream. Makes my hands soft and smell good.

09-02-2009
once more, with feeling

I recently got Burt's Bee's Shea Butter hand repair creme. The smell takes some getting used to, but now I like it. It's spicy and almost medicinal in smell, though the first ingredient is rosewater. It's also very effective. There's shea butter, cocoa butter, and sesame oil in there. And kinds of other oils, but it sinks in pretty quickly.

little soul

Best for me is Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream, it has a similar odd smell to the original formula but it's a cream texture. Thick enough to be really moisturising from the first use, but it absorbs really easily and quickly and there's no residue - you can use your hands straight after you apply. You can buy it on its own or sometimes (mostly on planes, but I've seen it in stores once or twice) as part of a set with a mini 8hr cream and the lip balm stick which is another winter essential!

When the weather improves, I might try Clarins Age Control hand lotion because it has spf 15.

fashion icon

^I use the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour one too. But it took some getting used to cos you only need to use a small amount and I would squeeze far too much out at a time. I like Dove handcream too

11-02-2009
backstage pass

i like dr hauschka and jurlique's lavender or rose hand cream. that's all, i'm not a hand cream user and one tube lasts me a year!

11-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabina View Post
l'occitane shea butter hand cream is the best i've tried. it's very rich and emollient so a little pea sized amount moisturizes both of your hands extremely well. and it smells divine. also, the hand scrub that complements it works wonders... you'd be surprised.
I love that aswell

11-02-2009
scenester

neutrogena norweigan formula. it's crazy cheap and very good - it's more gel-like so it's not greasy.

24-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu_miu View Post
Best for me is Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream, it has a similar odd smell to the original formula but it's a cream texture. Thick enough to be really moisturising from the first use, but it absorbs really easily and quickly and there's no residue - you can use your hands straight after you apply. You can buy it on its own or sometimes (mostly on planes, but I've seen it in stores once or twice) as part of a set with a mini 8hr cream and the lip balm stick which is another winter essential!

When the weather improves, I might try Clarins Age Control hand lotion because it has spf 15.
Age Control is lovely, but I like Hand & Nail Treatment Cream from Clarins more, I think. I always had a tube of Age Control Hand Lotion with me in 1999-2002 but then stopped buying it as they changed their formulas on a lot of their products. I know Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour is like a cult product, been raved about from every makeup artist and model for years...I still havent ever tried it...actually there's a Red Door Elizabeth Arden spa opening nearby my home, I am an aesthetician and still unemployed *the economy, no one is hiring* and was thinking of applying there when it opens in the fall.

Oh a new cream I like, not specifically for hands but anywhere, and its also a drugstore product, is Eucerin's Intensive Repair Body Creme.

24-04-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudestrawberry View Post
neutrogena norweigan formula. it's crazy cheap and very good - it's more gel-like so it's not greasy.
i second that. and you only need to apply a tiny bit!

V.I.P.

My favourite was the Le Couvent des Minimes Gardener's Hand Healer, but you can only get it at the L'Occitane outlets. However a good substitute is the L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream-when I get chronic dry hands, it works the best.

Most of the time though I stick with Jaqua's Raspberry Buttercream Frosting for the smell and softening, although it does moisturize well.

24-04-2009
tfs star

I've tried the neutrogena and I must say, not feeling it. For really dry hands you can't beat the body shops hemp hand protector.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I've tried the neutrogena and I must say, not feeling it. For really dry hands you can't beat the body shops hemp hand protector.
as soon as i saw the title of the thread i was going to post exactly the same thing! the body shop hemp hand protector really works wonders, it doesn't have the best smell but omg it works even better than my previous obsession, elizabeth arden 8 hour creme. The hemp face protector is amazing as well, it gives perfect model-glowy skin, and works well on the hands too.

24-04-2009
front row

Weleda Skin Food is genius.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cream, good, hand, what's