How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2011
rising star

I am using a second sachet sample of Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate with 10% vitamine C and I am LOVING IT! I will definitely buy a full sized bottle when I finish this sample - it is great under sunscreen, does not cause pimples (that is why I like that Kiehl's provides these generous samples because it is quite an expensive product not to be able to test it before purchase) my face seems brighter and lines seem to diminish and sunspots look much less prominent after 10 days of use.

07-07-2011
earthbound

^ I have two samples of those. I'm on my first (just tried yesterday) so I haven't seen the difference yet... but I can't wait!

10-07-2011
windowshopping

I got 2 samples today:
-Clarins Eau Dynamisante
-Hermes Eau d'orange vert (eau de cologne)

I really didn't like the clarins one, but liked the Hermes one (I usually don't like a lot of perfumes). The bad thing about the Hermes cologne is that it feels unconfortable on my skin (stings a little bit)...NOOOO!

16-07-2011
Making a Mess

At the moment I'm trying out Caudalie's vinoperfect serum and the pulp vitaminee eye cream. I love both products and I will definitely be purchasing the full sized version of the eye cream once it runs out however I will not be buying the serum because I just can't justify spending $80+ on a 1oz. bottle. But if I could afford to I definitely would because I have seen huge improvements in my complexion since trialling this product.

I've also been using a sample of Murad's pomegranate exfoliating mask which I love. But I hate the packaging. Its really awful. So I don't think I'll be purchasing the full sized version but if they ever change the packaging then I would reconsider.

earthbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylwiasta View Post
I am using a second sachet sample of Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate with 10% vitamine C and I am LOVING IT! I will definitely buy a full sized bottle when I finish this sample - it is great under sunscreen, does not cause pimples (that is why I like that Kiehl's provides these generous samples because it is quite an expensive product not to be able to test it before purchase) my face seems brighter and lines seem to diminish and sunspots look much less prominent after 10 days of use.
It's really insane... I'm only in my twenties so I don't really have any fine lines to start with but I do see a CLEAR difference in my skin with the small amount given in the sample! But I'm not ready to buy the full-sized product because I've shelled out too much money at Kiehl's lately.

17-07-2011
fashion icon

This might sound a bit silly but where/how do you get all of these samples? From stores or online?

Currently trialling Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish. Really love it and I find it works incredibly well.

earthbound

^ I don't know about others, but whenever I buy at Kiehl's, the sales assistants are really generous with giving samples to try out... sometimes they'll even give deluxe sample sizes of products which lasts me for months!

18-07-2011
Making a Mess

^^ I tend to get them from Sephora. The 2 Caudalie samples that I am trying at the moment are deluxe samples which is great because they last so much longer and give you a good idea if the product really works for you or not.

Other than that I find when I buy in-store the sales associates tend to throw in a few samples when I make a purchase .

fashion icon

^Ahh okay thanks Party_Vixen and La Bordelique! I usually get samples when I shop at Sephora but I wasn't sure if there was a website or something I should know about!

In Bloom

Kiehl's are very generous with samples.

Most companies don't provide samples in DK, that is so retarded. I'm not gonna spend a fortune on something I haven't even tried.

we were in love

19-07-2011
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^Ahh okay thanks Party_Vixen and La Bordelique! I usually get samples when I shop at Sephora but I wasn't sure if there was a website or something I should know about!
I wish there was a website where I could just order samples but no none that I know of.

However, in the UK there is this website called GlossyBox where you pay a monthly fee and they send you a box filled with an assortment of makeup and skincare samples which I think is a great way to test a bunch "hot" products. But you have no control over which samples you receive and I believe they only ship within the UK.

fashion icon

^Ah shame I don't live in the UK though. But GlossyBox does sound like a cool concept and I'd be willing to try something out like this website if it shipped to the states.

Making a Mess

^ I don't live in the UK either but when I was googling info on the glossybox I came across this website: http://www.birchbox.com/. Which seems like the same concept but it ships within the United States. Not sure which one came first but the birchbox seems like the same thing.

windowshopping

Sensilis White Velvet Daily UV Protector Veil SPF 40 - Only used once. It did not make me oily, feels light and leaves zero white cast (It has a colorant in it, the product is light beige).

Ureadin Plus Hydrating Lotion and Singuladerm Xpert Regenerateur (Regeneration cream for chapped skin) - I like both of them.

I am a bit scared of trying my Sesderma Daeses Serum sample with %8 DMAE and 7% Lactic acid...

23-10-2011
tfs star

I'm about to try Garnier's B&B. I'm really excited about this Asian beauty product but then again... it's Garnier

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
samples, trialling