How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2011
backstage pass

Just ordered Effaclar K samples.

And trying Uriage for oily skin with acne (I don't have oily skin and acne, but been looking for a decent masque and mat cream for ages). And I'm not a fan. I bet people with oily skin won't like this series at all. Avene Cleanance wins without further discussion.

24-10-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga. View Post
Just ordered Effaclar K samples.

And trying Uriage for oily skin with acne (I don't have oily skin and acne, but been looking for a decent masque and mat cream for ages). And I'm not a fan. I bet people with oily skin won't like this series at all. Avene Cleanance wins without further discussion.
I have combination/oily skin and acne prone skin...and I even don't like Avene Cleanance line. Effaclar is better (with the exception of effaclar H that made me break out like crazy!).

24-10-2011
front row

I recently sampled Lancome's Visionnaire serum which resulted in major skin irritation. Such a bummer!
I also sampled Nuxe's Nirvanesque cream for dry skin which was super lovely, but I really didn't enjoy the fruity scent. It was nice and gentle though, so props to them for that.
I'm slowly working my way through a few generous samples of La Roche-Posay's Effaclar K and Effaclar Duo, but I have a few other treatments to use up so that's going to be a slow process.

24-11-2011
backstage pass

I'm currently sampling Chanel's Sublimage eye cream and though I'm in now way an eye cream expert and don't use one regularly, I really like it. It's quickly absorbed and feels really soothing to the skin.

fashion icon

I'm currently sampling Origins GinZing eye cream and I really like it. A little bit goes a long way and I've found that it helps brighten up the area under my eyes which tend to have pretty dark circles under them. It's gotten rid of some of the puffiness, reduced the color of the circles a bit and makes it so my concealer goes on better. The other thing I'm currently trialling right now is Lancome's Bi-Facial makeup remover. It's really lovely and it really does get rid of makeup without using a lot of the product. Plus I really like the light rose smell, it doesn't have a odd odor to it which I've noticed some makeup removers can have. I have to say, that where I work the makeup counter ladies are great, always giving me samples to try. Probably my favorite perk of the job (and to be honest, their isn't many perks of working in a department store).

rising star

chancaille fragrances, nice but I wouldn't buy
Kate Sommerville tan towel - just awful. bad colour and smell
Dr Dennis Gross Tan Wipes (tan sample time from sephora!) - pretty good colour and had vitamin D (wouldn't purchase as modelco tan glove has better colour IMO)

23-07-2012
rising star

I tried Garnier's BB Cream yesterday and I really didn't like it. The aspect, once applied, was good enough, but not amazing, and I hated the cream's consistency. It felt sticky on my fingers and it still felt uncomfortable on my face. I'd almost say "disgusting".

23-07-2012
scenester

I'm sampling:

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream - I'm not impressed so far. It has an iridescence to it that I guess is supposed to brighten the eye area, but I've seen no real results and my eye area doesn't feel otherwise improved.

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - Fun to use! It's a thick opaque black gel that dries fairly quickly to a rubbery texture. It actually does seem to shrink my pores, but the effect doesn't last. I probably won't be getting the full-size since it's so overpriced. I'll stick to my Aztec Healing Clay + ACV mask instead.

Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - I received a cute 2.5g mini as a 100-pt perk from Sephora. It's gorgeous champagne colored cream-to-powder thing. Really easy to swipe across the cheekbones and blend with your fingers or a brush. However, in direct sunlight I can see the shimmer particles, which is something I personally don't appreciate in highlighters. It's nice, but not an ideal highlighter for me.

23-07-2012
tfs star

Sisley Creamy Mask With Tropical Resin - I received the 20ml, for review to my magazine. It's really nice and the result is great. It feels so tight and smooth after I applied and it's pretty overpriced here, so it's a good deal for me to get this sample product

25-07-2012
rock-chic

[B]Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream [B] I like the fact its 99% natural origin. It feels nice and not too heavy or greasy and has a lovely fresh scent.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline View Post
[b]Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream [b] I like the fact its 99% natural origin. It feels nice and not too heavy or greasy and has a lovely fresh scent.
I really wanted to like it, but I don't think it's moisturising enough for me. My eye area feels rather dry after application.

30-07-2012
rising star

I'm trying out Chantecaille's Vital Essence and Retinol Intense. I'm seriously considering purchsing them, they're sooo good!

trendsetter

Does anyone know any UK sites that do samples? Thanks!

03-09-2012
V.I.P.

I have been using a 5ml ClarinsMen Revitalizing Gel, and I'm about to purchase the actual product. Incredible.

rising star

I am currently trying out

Kiehl's Oil-Free cleanser
Yves Rocher Ovale Lifting moisturizer (only using it on my neck though)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
samples, trialling