How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2012
rising star

MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 115 - Got a sample of this to try with Sephora. I have been searching for foundation for over a year now and every one I find disappointing-including this one. However, I tried applying it with my fingers instead of a brush and was so impressed with how it looked-it's like a different foundation! It gives very nice buildable cover while still looking natural. I think I'm be purchasing this one.

MUFE Mat Velvet - I think this would be good if you have incredibly oily skin. Mine is more combination but also dehydrated. Not only did this make my skin feel very tight (even with hyaluronic acid splashed on, moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer underneath) it just looked so flat and obvious that I was wearing makeup. Coverage was fantastic though and it did last longer than other foundations I have tried-so if you were very oily or lived in an incredibly humid place it may be worth a try.

Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator - The Sephora MUA recommended this because I told her I'm unable to exfoliate due to broken blood vessels/rosacea. While it didn't irritate my skin, it really didn't too all that much to exfoliate.

15-09-2012
windowshopping

Taaj Himalaya Micellar Water

Received a sample of this with my Joliebox subscription. I have never tried this method of cleansing before but I am going to buy this again and maybe try Bioderma as that brand is supposedly the ultimate micelle solution.

I once used the Taaj after my evening clarisonic cleanse (not sure why, I think it was by accident). I was very shocked to find some makeup on the cotton pad.

15-09-2012
rising star

Make Up Forever HD powder. Sephora have travel size versions of the original.
Chanel Inimitable intense mascara in nior
Donna Karan Cashmere Mist deodorant. Sephora has a travel size version. So far I am extremely impressed. I understand the cult following.

fashion icon

Currently trying out...
Philosophy Miracle Worker moisturizer
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara in extreme black
Estee Lauder lipgloss in 07 Flashdance
(the last two are samples from work. I've had a sample of the mascara before and loved it!)

front row

What free samples did you get today?
What free samples did you get today? I got LaRoche-Posay Effaclar in an independent pharmacy, and Body Shop mango body butter outside the Body Shop.

28-05-2013
in the mood for love

for the past couple of weeks i've been using Givenchy Noir Couture mascara sample in black satin...

sephora.com
I kind of wish I didn't like it because it's expensive. But I do. It lengthens and gives volume and separates the lashes. The only problem is that it's not waterproof so it sometimes smudges onto my upper eyelids a bit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
samples, trialling