How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2009
windowshopping

one a day and my OJ :p

23-01-2009
fashion elite

I freaking love those Flintstones sour gummies, where the heck were they when I was younger? I got stuck taking those looney tunes ones that taste nasty.

trendsetter

^I took those Looney Tunes for years! I actually didn't mind, I liked looking at the different characters on them. They tasted a lot of iron though but I always washed them down with milk or OJ.

23-01-2009
fashion elite

lol I remember when I was little that I would never remind my mom to give me my vitamins because I hated them. So once in a while I got away with it :p

V.I.P.

1 natural source strawberry flavoured multivitamin a day

I found zinc tablets are incredible for boosting immune system, and especially during times of stress or if you are feeling vulnerable to colds... vitamin B complex & vitamin C can work wonders.

windowshopping

i'm taking MSM, flaxseed oil, one a day prenatal, calcium with vitamin D & probiotics

01-02-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya-a View Post
I have to confess i am a vitamin junkie and have been popping lots of pills! (vitamins)..i have spent ALOT of money on vits for my hair. I had been consistently taking them for over a year because the quality of my hair had been really bad. I didnt see any improvements so went to a dermatologist who told me to stop all my vits! I was surprised she said that but apparently vits do not work. I personally think vits just give a placebo affect. Then again i may be wrong..
I don’t know about taking multiple vitamins at once, but one vitamin I cannot live without is cod liver pills. I try to seek the other vitamins from natural resources, especially in fruits and veggies…you should try to substitute your vitamin intake with natural sources..I’m guessing the reason why youre having problems with youre hair or skin is dieting or malnutrition.

Also, try adding flaxseed oil in your juices, I always add flaxseed oil in my carrot juice..

Additionally, I am a fanatic when it comes to natural hair masks…I can give you some homemade recipes if your interested later on J

front row

Yes Dulcisima thats exactly what she told me, to seek vits from natural sources. I used to be obsessed with how much I ate hence the long list of vits I used to take. Nothing beats natural resources, why have it in a chemical form?!?!
Anyway just wanted to add. I was speaking to someone at our local health shop who recommended Udo's oil, its meant to be a blend of oils. The guy couldnt stop raving about it and recommended it so ive ordered some and cant wait to start taking it

01-02-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Yes Dulcisima thats exactly what she told me, to seek vits from natural sources. I used to be obsessed with how much I ate hence the long list of vits I used to take. Nothing beats natural resources, why have it in a chemical form?!?!
Anyway just wanted to add. I was speaking to someone at our local health shop who recommended Udo's oil, its meant to be a blend of oils. The guy couldnt stop raving about it and recommended it so ive ordered some and cant wait to start taking it
yeah i use the Udo's probiotic pills, pretty good...its for the digestive system...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I take a women's multi vitamin daily

windowshopping

Flax seed oil and multivitamins keep me nice and healthy

02-02-2009
doldrums

Puritan pride's green source multivitamin and msm.

Quote:
I have to confess i am a vitamin junkie and have been popping lots of pills! (vitamins)..i have spent ALOT of money on vits for my hair. I had been consistently taking them for over a year because the quality of my hair had been really bad. I didnt see any improvements so went to a dermatologist who told me to stop all my vits! I was surprised she said that but apparently vits do not work. I personally think vits just give a placebo affect. Then again i may be wrong..
Vitamins are just that supplements. Most foods are depleted of nutrients due to pesticides and pollution that's why organic foods are better and healthier. Not everyone can go or afford to go all organic like myself. Overall a healthy diet is the best way and vitamins are just supplementary. My mother took vitamins from food sources and she noticed the difference they are expensive. The green source vitamin contains both natural and synthetic ingredients it's ok. I can't take synthetic vitamins I didn't notice a difference and the ingredients found in a lot of them made me sick.

Last edited by Belowen; 05-02-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: consecutive posts
02-02-2009
tfs star

Puritan's pride is great. They do a lot of buy one get one free (or buy 2 get 3 free)!

04-02-2009
trendsetter

flax seed oil (it improves my hair more than my skin btw)
vit. E
alfalfa nano clusters supplement

09-02-2009
backstage pass

I tale Centrum, Omega 3, Iron and Biotin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
vitamins