How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima View Post
I don’t know about taking multiple vitamins at once, but one vitamin I cannot live without is cod liver pills. I try to seek the other vitamins from natural resources, especially in fruits and veggies…
Huh, interesting that you say that b/c this week I'm switching from my reg. fish oil caps to Cod liver oil so I can get the Vit D benefits as well as the Omegas!!!

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

09-02-2009
trendsetter

^
I want to start taking fish oil in capsules, but it seems to dissapear in local pharmacies I'll have to check it in online pharmacies I think...

09-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryblossoms View Post
^
I want to start taking fish oil in capsules, but it seems to dissapear in local pharmacies I'll have to check it in online pharmacies I think...
Wow! really! Yes, it is easily available online from reputable brands.

Oh, I also take Emergen-C (1000mg Vit C), Ashwaganda, Quercetin, B6/niacinamide, Multi, & Cal/Mag/Zinc.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
10-02-2009
trendsetter

^
do fish oil capsules' quality depend on the brand or are they all the same?

10-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
^
Yes, depends on the brand. Consumer reports -or something equivalent- did a study on the *best* brands. If you do a search, I don't have a link, you should be able to come up with it. They checked for taste (some leave you w/ a "fish burp" aftertaste ), accurate levels (for what they were reporting they had), & I think Mercury or other contaminants.

10-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity*Now View Post
Yes, depends on the brand. Consumer reports -or something equivalent- did a study on the *best* brands. If you do a search, I don't have a link, you should be able to come up with it. They checked for taste (some leave you w/ a "fish burp" aftertaste ), accurate levels (for what they were reporting they had), & I think Mercury or other contaminants.
thanks for explanation still no luck at finding fish oil at local pharmacies, but I got selenium active supplement today that's hard to find, will start taking it today

11-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
^
Just make sure it says "molecularly distilled." That is how fish oil is processed to remove both the "fishy taste" and heavy metal contaminants. If it says "moelcularly distilled" it's good to take, Nordic Naturals is one brand that's fairly popular and has a good product. All brands are about the same; you might have a preference from where the fish oil is coming from though so check and read the label. Cold water fish could mean oil from sardines, there's also salmon oil too among others.

Last edited by lollicandy; 11-02-2009 at 04:41 PM.
11-02-2009
backstage pass

^ ITA! And yeah, Nordic Naturals is a good one!!

13-02-2009
fashion icon

I take:

- Inner Health Plus Capsules everyday (they have helped my immune system so much!!)
- Vitamin C when I have a cold
- Vitamin E very very rarely if I get cramps in my feet

backstage pass

I started the Cod Liver Oil instead of the fish oil caps.... ...... It's cherry flavor too. I was never bothered by *fish burps* that some ppl get w/ the caps but, **sorry** these DO bother me. Can I cut the taste further with some lemon? Take it before bed instead? Mix it with Emergen-C? Hold my nose?????

27-02-2009
scenester

serenity*now, I take cod liver oil as well, but the one I have is lemon flavored and tastes amaaazing! Carlson Labs makes the best one. You should look it up!
I also take flaxseed oil, zinc, and sometimes emergen-c.

01-03-2009
scenester

I recently started taking these drugstore housebrand "multi-all in one" tablets. I don't feel much difference, really. Although I used to be sick a lot, due my lack of proper sleep (already taking Valerian for that, but it ain't doing ****).

Does anyone actually know how much is an overdose of vitamins? I thought it was like 500% of the daily dose? I heard taking vitamin pills isn't really good. That you can overdose vitamin A really easily?

01-03-2009
backstage pass

I take iron pills because I'm slightly anemic, and am ALWAYS tired..but they don't seem to be having an effect...

01-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav_ View Post
I take iron pills because I'm slightly anemic, and am ALWAYS tired..but they don't seem to be having an effect...
You have to take care in what you take your iron vitamin with -- the best absorption of iron is on an empty stomach with vitamin C.

Anemia could also be caused by a B12 deficiency, so taking that might help as well.

backstage pass

^^ Really, I heard you weren't supposed to take it on an empty stomach? I'll definitely consider the B-vitamins...I hardly eat any vegetables so that's probably a big problem. Thanks for the advice

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
vitamins