How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2011
fashion icon

^ Lycopene is a great antioxidant, if I'm not mistaken.

08-01-2011
trendsetter

I am taking:
- vitamin C
- B-complex
- Algea Chlorella pyrenoidosa
- Capsules against hair loss

31-01-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmoset View Post
^
Biotin is for hair growth right? Are they any good?
they're good for nail and hair strength but I haven't noticed any particular changes in growth.

windowshopping

I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Nature's Plus Source of Life Gold Tablets!

I have found anything yet that even comes close...I took this off their site:

"Complete Daily Vitamin Profile – Complete, high potency vitamins, featuring:
Vitamin B12 – 1000 mcg for exceptional blood support
Vitamin A (as beta carotene and mixed carotenoids from spirulina and Dunaliella salina) – Natural sources of vitamin A, including many carotenoid cofactors for superior activity
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid; esterified C [ascorbyl palmitate]) – New methods of concentrating the vitamin C in organically grown Indian Amla berry yield naturally occurring Organic Gold Standard vitamin C. Natural ascorbyl palmitate provides even greater vitamin C activity.
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) – 1000 IU of vegetarian vitamin D3 maximizes the bone, immune and overall health benefits beyond all other multis.
Vitamin K2 – Blood supporting and bone building, natural vitamin K2 in the two most bioavailable forms as menaquinone-4 (m4) and menaquinone-7 (m7) for unparalleled efficacy.
Organic Gold Standard B Vitamins – Innovative new methods of concentrating the water soluble vitamins within organic holy basil, lemon, and guava yields a B-complex blend of unprecedented potency.
Trans-Resveratrol Complex – from Polygonum cuspidatum, grape seed and red wine (alcohol free).
Organic Mushroom Blend – immune-boosting myconutrients from certified organic whole food mushrooms
Whole Food Omega Fatty Acids – Chia, spirulina, sunflower seed, black currant, borage and flax provide 13 mg of omega and other healthful fatty acids.
More than 120 colorful fruits and vegetables – Nature’s Plus pioneered the addition of synergistic whole food phytonutrients to vitamin and mineral supplements. Whole food benefits remain a cornerstone of the Source of Life brand. Nowhere is this concept executed with greater abundance and variety than in the Source of Life GOLD line of products. Source of Life GOLD delivers energizing, health-enhancing phytonutrient benefits from more than 120 whole food concentrates and extracts of the world’s greatest green, red, blue, yellow and white fruits and vegetables.
Organically Bound Minerals – Each serving of Source of Life GOLD Tablets provide a specialized array of organically bound minerals for superior absorption, including whole brown rice amino acid chelates.
Full Spectrum Prebiotic Complex – FOS (fructooligosaccharides), apple pectin, modified citrus pectin, soluble vegetable oligosaccharides, flax
Enzyme-Rich Whole Food Blend – Pineapple, papaya, beet juice, turmeric, parsley, ginger
Amino Acids – a complete array of all essential and non-essential amino acids, from spirulina, Whole Food PhytoAlgae, chia and mineral aminoates
ORAC Value 1250 – Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity is a measure of anti-oxidant activity."

06-02-2011
backstage pass

^
Wow-lots of good stuff in there.

Do you like it because of how complete it is or can you notice some type of change with its use??

Do you have to keep it refrigerated...-it looks like there are some things in there that, in the past, it might be advised for (increase stability/longevity of product)??
Thanks!

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
06-02-2011
V.I.P.

I've been taking silicia for some weeks now and I think that my hair looks and feels much healthier.

tfs star

^ did it help with the growth?

V.I.P.

My hair is extremely thin and I can't say that it grows faster but it grows out more evenly because the ends don't break off anymore which makes it look a lot fuller. I haven't had it cut for three months now and I don't feel like I have to.

tfs star

thank you! what kind of silicia did you get?

V.I.P.

It's from "Doppelherz", the ones with biotin and zinc. There is 400mg silicia in each pill and I take two a day.

ipill.de

rising star

I've narrowed it down to this:

VEGA Meal Replacement Drink as my base mult
Omega3 Fish Oils
MSM + vit C for hair, joints, nails, skin
Brewer's Yeast

08-02-2011
rising star

^^ OH! and 5000 iu Vit D3 per day

09-02-2011
backstage pass

I take...

Multi Vitamin
Probiotics
B-complex
Fish Oil
Vitamin D

fashion elite

Multi vitamin
D-vitamin (apparently my 'number' was ridicilously low last time I went to see my doctor)
Iron + C-vitamin

windowshopping

b complex, gummy multi vitamin from trader joe's, vitamin d, iron, st. john's wort....b complex changed my life it gives me sooo much energy! it makes me feel alert and refreshed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
vitamins