How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2006
backstage pass

i used to actually b addicted to coffee... my mum took me to the doctor and stuff, but they wer like u mustnt drink it bla bla but they never mentioned green tea!

07-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc123
whats white tea? sorry if i sound really stupid
White tea is produced in a different way to all other teas. The leaves come from special varietal bushes and are not processed but are dried in the sun. Only special leaves are selected, the ideal is two leaves wrapped around a new shoot. After drying the leaves are again selected and sorted by hand.

White tea is especially potent in that it is has three times as many antioxidant polyphenols as green or black tea and has been shown to be 100% more effective in mopping up free radicals that cause skin to sag. Some of the worlds top cosmetic companies are becoming very interested in white tea for skin creams and the result is that high grade white tea is becoming even more rare than before.

Taken from http://www.englishteastore.com/loose...white-tea.html

07-02-2006
front row

i dont think it really makes you lose that much weight...i drink about 1-2 litres a day and it hasnt affected my weight...however i am really healthy and i never get sick (touch wood!)

07-02-2006
windowshopping

White tea is very expensive. But if you have the resources to purchase it, then I say, go for it!

I recommend that you don't add any sugar (or honey or any sweetner in that matter) to green tea because I think it distracts from the natural sweetness/very mild bitterness of the tea. If you brew it hot then drink it cold, the sweetness intensifies.

07-02-2006
Midnight blooms.........

Does anyone have theirs with milk?
I do....

V.I.P.

^ Heresy! :p

Are there any low caffeine versions because I can't sleep when I drink caffeine at all.

07-02-2006
Midnight blooms.........

^^ Yes, my mother buys it...not sure where abouts in london you could get it though

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
^ Heresy! :p

If you like milk/sugar I recommend whipping up matcha green tea with sugar and hot milk, it is sooo delicious.

I'm with Bargain Queen on how to drink tea. Another way is, in Japan the "real" way to brew green tea is with freshly boiled water cooled down to about 60 or so degrees. The tea becomes incredibly sweet. Perhaps a bit too sweet for my taste.

Sienna, I have the same problem with caffeine. I found that emptying the pot after brewing for 20 seconds (serving it to someone else) and adding fresh hot water for a little longer than usual helps. Apparantly caffeine is highly soluble in H20, and thus is the first thing to dissolve out. What's left is the flavor and polyphenols...don't know the percentage but it helps a lot for me.

07-02-2006
front row

pai mu tan is a variety of white tea thats generally inexpensive, i usually pay around $AUD10/100g

08-02-2006
front row

pai mu tan is a variety of white tea thats generally inexpensive, i usually pay around $AUD10/100g. and it has barely any caffine but super doses of antioxidants

08-02-2006
front row

just wondering does any of the above mentioned teas (green and white) have any caffeine in them?

08-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinglet
just wondering does any of the above mentioned teas (green and white) have any caffeine in them?
Yes...

08-02-2006
front row

how much caffeine? Is it the same as normal tea?

08-02-2006
fashion icon

There are decaffinated green teas, even flavored decaffinate green teas.

dlg

08-02-2006
fashion icon

It might be a strange question, but have you ever heard about green tea makes kidney work harder?
My mother often says i shouldn't drink too much... and since i have kidney problems due to flu since last week (i go to rest room a lot ) i don't drink any because my kidney already hurts enough and i'm worried of causing more problems with green tea.. Any idea?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
green, tea, white