How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2006
front row

^^ Im drinking it right now too! but the supermarket kind ..i wonder if I should upgrade.. is there a big difference from the grocery and the "more expensive" kind?

08-03-2006
fashion elite

I had about 4 cups today!! yayy it really makes you feel so refreshed, or maybe that's just the caffeine..for me it's like magic, soothes my throat and makes my headaches go away- and I don't add anything to it..just Salada Green Tea Bags & water!! The only other thing I drink besides green tea is water, but seeing that green tea has no calories and a ton of positive benefits, I definitely will drink more of it!!

09-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pout306
^^ Im drinking it right now too! but the supermarket kind ..i wonder if I should upgrade.. is there a big difference from the grocery and the "more expensive" kind?
YES!

Although, it depends on which "more expensive" kind you are talking about, and also which supermarket you are talking about.
You should definitely get teas which have been certified organic. "Yogi Tea" is great.

Last edited by LucindaMay; 09-03-2006 at 01:34 AM.
09-03-2006
backstage pass

Harrods do a great range of tea for 10pounds a jar

by me...lcc
09-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
I recommend that you don't add any sugar (or honey or any sweetner in that matter) to green tea because I think it distracts from the natural sweetness/very mild bitterness of the tea. If you brew it hot then drink it cold, the sweetness intensifies.
I agree, I have NEVER added sugar or any sweetner at all. When I first tried it I was grossed out but seeing as I pick habits up easily (and I really wanted this to be one) I tried it again and LOVED the subtle bitterness and hot water feel when you first get it and I absolutely will NEVER go back to coffee after kicking that habit for this one. As well, I don't know if it has anything to do with the green tea but since I've started (my one cup a morning which I will soon be increasing to 5/day) drinking it I've felt more energetic and less tired at the end of the day and have lost 5lbs (again, I don't know id there is a relation) but over all - I love it.

I also don't mind the fact that I can go into Starbucks and grab my Venti (the largest size) Green Tea without worrying about price since size doesnt matter.

09-03-2006
backstage pass

starbucks do green tea!?? ooo i had no idea! i will order it next time im there! thankyou sheselectric!

by me...lcc
09-03-2006
backstage pass

Yes they doo

$1.66 CAD.

09-03-2006
backstage pass

oooo

does anyone know the affects of bayleaves, i love them! but im not sure what they do exactly, and whether thay have caffeine in them

by me...lcc
09-03-2006
scenester

Starbucks has 2 types of green tea's. I recommend trying Zen. You can buy the same brand at Wholefoods (they carry all the flavors that Starbucks has). I started drinking at least 1 or 2 venti's of it a day and I noticed a difference in digestion right away.

09-03-2006
turn and face the strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesElectric
I agree, I have NEVER added sugar or any sweetner at all. When I first tried it I was grossed out but seeing as I pick habits up easily (and I really wanted this to be one) I tried it again and LOVED the subtle bitterness and hot water feel when you first get it and I absolutely will NEVER go back to coffee after kicking that habit for this one. As well, I don't know if it has anything to do with the green tea but since I've started (my one cup a morning which I will soon be increasing to 5/day) drinking it I've felt more energetic and less tired at the end of the day and have lost 5lbs (again, I don't know id there is a relation) but over all - I love it.

I also don't mind the fact that I can go into Starbucks and grab my Venti (the largest size) Green Tea without worrying about price since size doesnt matter.
I know!! Like someone said, less than two dollars.. not that it matters since I get venti iced soy lattes on a regular basis. I love getting the green tea iced, though. All teas (and about all drinks) taste better iced, in my opinion.

09-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Starbucks has 2 types of green tea's. I recommend trying Zen. You can buy the same brand at Wholefoods (they carry all the flavors that Starbucks has). I started drinking at least 1 or 2 venti's of it a day and I noticed a difference in digestion right away.
BaskinRobyns, may I ask why you recommend "Zen"? I want the healthiest possible choice in terms of keeping a steady weight and what not as I work out quite often.

Haute femme, I've never tried it... I want to though! Are there any added sugars and whatnot though? Or is it SIMPLY frozen tea...

Dont mind me, I'm on a CALORIE watch!

09-03-2006
turn and face the strange

Oh I definetely understand!^

It's not actually blended (not sure if that's what you meant) but just over ice. They ask whether you want it sweetened, so you can just have unsweetened tea. I think it works that way for all teas (freshly brewed), except maybe the iced passion tea, which is pre-made I believe.

11-03-2006
V.I.P.

has anyone tried twinings green tea, and is it a good quality? also, does the fruit flavoured green tea have the same benefits as pure green tea?

http://www.twinings.co.uk/GreenTea/T...eGreenTea.html

12-03-2006
front row

^^ Fruit flavoring is usually artificial, unless the company states that the flavorings are from natural sources.

Iím sure twining's would note if the fruit flavoring's weren't artificial.

I suppose twinings would be ok... but you can certainly find much higher quality teas. Twinings is not organic, and for me that is a big deal (tea's being heavily sprayed). I would assume that if you were drinking green tea for the health benefits, you wouldn't want a bunch of pesticides and other chemicals lurking in your teacup.

12-03-2006
backstage pass

lol so true^^^

by me...lcc
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
green, tea, white